Become a Patron!

So would this be a good idea?

Bodytemp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, I still class myself as a noob 3 months in. I don't really know much at all when it comes to changing things but Ive been running into trouble with my x4 coils on my smok tv8 big baby beast. Somehow I managed to burn out two coils in a week. Juice Im using has no artificial sweetener or natural sweetener and its a 70VG30PG liquid (get reactions to pg 70/30 seems to be the sweet spot) I have been doing some research about this and it seems that this dude apparently seems to have an answer for it (video link)

Question is, can this be done without repercussions like shorting out and such? I mean 5 dollars per coil isn't that bad but like I wanna believe people in the comments but I dont know if everyone is trolling T_T

No trolling answers please I really wanna try this but I'm such a pussy when it comes to these things because of all the horror stories people keep putting in my mind T_T

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Poking fine pin holes in coils has been the solution for many of the coils produced, another was the Cleito. Not going to cause a problem in my opinion as long as you do not ram it too deep into the coil winding's itself.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember having to do this Kanger Subtank coils and never had a problem.

It is safe to do, just make sure you poke the holes in the cotton when the tank if off the mod. Use a small needle, too big and you will get leaking. Inspect the inside after to make sure you didn't mangle one of the coils.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hey guys, I still class myself as a noob 3 months in. I don't really know much at all when it comes to changing things but Ive been running into trouble with my x4 coils on my smok tv8 big baby beast. Somehow I managed to burn out two coils in a week. Juice Im using has no artificial sweetener or natural sweetener and its a 70VG30PG liquid (get reactions to pg 70/30 seems to be the sweet spot) I have been doing some research about this and it seems that this dude apparently seems to have an answer for it (video link)

Question is, can this be done without repercussions like shorting out and such? I mean 5 dollars per coil isn't that bad but like I wanna believe people in the comments but I dont know if everyone is trolling T_T

No trolling answers please I really wanna try this but I'm such a pussy when it comes to these things because of all the horror stories people keep putting in my mind T_T
Reduce your power a bit each time you vape, at least for the first time each day. If you are burning coils that fast, you are putting to much power through before they wick has a chance soak enough juice.
By the way... the pin holes can flood your coil which will create popping and spitting. It may work to extend the life of your coil, but its better to not damage the coil in the first place. :)

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
People do it, but you didn't say how much power your using. I find using an X4 coil (with 75VG) anything over 40-45 watts and I stand a good chance of getting a burnt hit. Also are you getting enough air flow to keep the coil cool.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pin holes help in Uwell coils, including og Crown and Crown 2 coils. Tried in a Cleito 120, and did not work well, causing flooding, spitback, popping.

Hi Bodytemp
I have a smok G Priv and TFV8 BB tank
I had the same problem.I was going through a .4 ohm q2 coil in 1 day.What fixed this for me was being aggressive when priming the coil with juice before installing it into the tank.Being aggressive i mean you need to stab the bottle, it has a sharp spout into the bottom of the coil slots all the way round almost like you create a small gap at the bottom so the juice can properly "wick" into the coil.I was really gentle before just touching the cotton wrap with the spout to prime it.After I did this i got bubbles coming up after every hit and I was running this at 65watts all day.I used that coil for 5 weeks with not one dry hit.I eventually changed the coil after 5 weeks because the flavour had faded. not because it was burnt.

VU Sponsors