Become a Patron!

So. What do you do late at night when you're bored?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I shop Amazon for Bug Out Gear, Vaping videos and binge Netflix when a new movie or series comes on.

Tonight it's wings and a movie - even if my big lug (cross between Howdy Doody & Clint Eastwood) decides he wants to hit the hay. I turn it up nearly full blast if it's a really good movie. Poor guy. LOL....

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Make stupidly complex twisted wire builds on my atomizers, or be a couch potato and watch Netflix.

roartweetybabe1994

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
getting reunited with message boards. I haven't been on since I was probably in junior high, thought it would be nice to get back into it.

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I either boot up netflix and binge watch something till I pass out, or start up one of my games and do that until I'm ready to pass out.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
God damned forum would not let me make extra spaces for self redaction.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dress up in womens underwear.
jeffdunhamchaos1611_zps87d90fe5.jpg

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
-Lurk on forums and occasionally write very wordy and detailed responses to simple, straightforward questions/statements.

-Play guitar absentmindedly. The stuff I come up with late at night is unique to that late-night mindset. Everything gets more drawn-out, serene, and maybe even a little surreal.

-Hop around youtube/spotify in search of new music. I rarely feel like listening to music late at night. I just peek around and make a list for when I wanna get into something new that I know I'll enjoy later... sort of like hiding little musical Easter eggs for myself.

-Clean and organize EVERYTHING, vape stuff especially.

-Build on every RDA I have, even ones I don't plan to use.

-Twist-up an excessive amount of clapton and fused clapton wire.

-Cook eggs in any one of the many ways in which I often cook eggs.

-Shop online, but NEVER buy... ...I only bookmark because I make terrible purchasing decisions when I'm bored. I wait till I'm less bored and perhaps less broke before deciding whether or not to pull the trigger.

-I used to do the binge-watching thing, too. I've seen at least a couple hundred different anime movies and shows because of it. Didn't take me very long to run out of stuff too watch. I really just don't sleep often... ...but the real reason for why I haven't sat down and watched anything in a long time is that I find I get tired faster if I'm actively doing something - tiring myself out versus waiting to get tired.

Besides, sitting and watching things isn't something I tend to do at all, in general. From the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed, I'm actively engaged in something. I literally don't spend more than few minutes of each day in passive mode. I have ADHD so I'm always moving and or thinking intently... ...just trying to keep immersion up so I don't slide off of the log and derail my whole day.

I really don't understand how people sit and watch things for more than an hour out of each day. I don't even know how I managed it. Once you stop vegifying for long enough, it gets really hard to commit to even a single episode of something.

-Super Smash Bros. Lvl 9 AI teams. Pokemon. Nazi Zombies.

-Wikipedia. 'Nuff said.

-Things.

-Stuff.

-Go on bike rides.

Seriously, I know that last one sounds weird, but night-riding is cool... ...I find it very surreal and relaxing. It's cooler outside, there's little to no traffic, night skies are awesome to look at (orange street lights contrasting with reddish clouds on purple backdrops with blue/green/white stars peeking through are my favorite,) and depending on where you live, you pretty much have the town to yourself.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drive around, taking care to not speed, until a cop pulls me over for no real reason. Give my license and stuff but don't answer questions. Spend a half hour on the side of the road while backup arrives while they figure out that they can't find anything to arrest me for.

Good times.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Netflix, currently on season 4 of american horror story.
Gta5 minigames or heists
Zombies in cod
Raiding military areas in dayz lookin for choppers to hoard more loot than ill ever use
Tickle the wife to see if i can get some

In no particular order.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tritonenneptunus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I spend time on here or Bluelight. Sometimes I read, drink coffee, play video games. It just depends.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What do you do late at night when you're bored?

Usually I just go to bed. If I'm not sleepy yet, I take a book and read till my eyes get heavy. Something about reading in bed always makes my eyelids heavy.

:nothingtoadd:

:D
Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lately I have been on here late at night since I am having a hard time getting to sleep. And don't go blaming it on my vaping because my nicotine is lower than ever before!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lately I have been on here late at night since I am having a hard time getting to sleep. And don't go blaming it on my vaping because my nicotine is lower than ever before!

How long since you quit the coffin nails? I found it very hard to get to sleep when I was making the transition, and first quit, though I was using just 6mg. I think it's just part of the withdrawal.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How long since you quit the coffin nails? I found it very hard to get to sleep when I was making the transition, and first quit, though I was using just 6mg. I think it's just part of the withdrawal.

Andria

Andria coming up on two years soon and it is not the withdrawals it is all the other things on my mind. Running back and forth to Hospitals and taking care of family has a tendency to screw with you.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria coming up on two years soon and it is not the withdrawals it is all the other things on my mind. Running back and forth to Hospitals and taking care of family has a tendency to screw with you.

Yes, sadly true. Being unable to shut down my mind has always been the biggest factor in my own problems with insomnia.

Just wondered, on the quit-smoking thing, since it does seem quite common for those just making the change to have a lot of insomnia problems. But insomnia is very democratic, it seems to hit almost everyone at some point. Except my husband, who can fall asleep in 3 minutes flat. :facepalm:

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Slept great last night after 2 to 3 nights of 3 to 4 hours of sleep! A nice glass of Red wine with dinner helped also!

photo-16.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Slept great last night after 2 to 3 nights of 3 to 4 hours of sleep! A nice glass of Red wine with dinner helped also!

photo-16.jpg

One glass of wine would just light me up like an xmas tree. :D I'd require at least a liter. Or two. :D That's why I could never take Nyquil (aside from the horrible anise taste!)... it did NOT make me sleep, it made me wanna get up and party! All tingly! :giggle:

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Left the drinking until the sun came up behind me a long time ago and a Nice Glass of Villa Armando will put me to sleep every time. It is like the wine my Grandfather used to make when I was a youngster. It is like a Homemade Italian Red Wine.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Left the drinking until the sun came up behind me a long time ago and a Nice Glass of Villa Armando will put me to sleep every time. It is like the wine my Grandfather used to make when I was a youngster. It is like a Homemade Italian Red Wine.

That's the diff between alkies and non... an alkie can't ever leave it behind, unless they just leave drinking totally behind. I haven't had a drink in over 23 yrs, but I know very well that if I drank even one... even just enough to get that tingle... my mind would go something like this: "Hmm.. that's nice. That's not so bad. Why did I ever stop? I WANT MORE!" and I'd be off to the races, and god only knows if I'd ever be able to stop again.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everything in Moderation is a skill that is learned over the years................:snapoutofit:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everything in Moderation is a skill that is learned over the years................:snapoutofit:

Not if you're an alcoholic. I can be quite moderate with sugar, chocolate, bacon, cheesecake.... but alcohol? Never gonna happen.

Andria

Mikey2387

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Online shopping usually a little drunk. It's like Christmas in the morning.
"Let's see what drunk me got sober me" lol
need to figure out a way for my cards to be blocked around 2am lol

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do my best "Buffalo Bill " from Silence of the Lambs, but Im not as good as "Jay" from Clerks II

Dont watch if you get easily offended or aroused.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tonight I have Hannibal set up to re-watch.... One of the best scenes and use of the "Thieving Magpie" since "A Clockwork Orange"

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been watching Simpson's clips on YouTube. Long live Homer! Woohoo! :D

Andria

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I watch the Simpsons every day, well except on Weds and Sat. They give 4 hours every night on FX network and on the site they have every episode to stream.

I love the early Simpsons, especially the older seasons , sweeter Homer. At first he was just sort of simple but meant well and really loved his Marge, but in the last 4 or 5 seasons , they have basically made him into Peter Griffin. Dont get me wrong, I love Family Guy and American Dad too.

Im a TV Junkie, been binge watching since before anyone would proudly admit it. I have walls of DVDs and now with Netflix and Amazon and other sites, I have more video than anyone needs. From vintage classics, academy award winning films to the silliest weirdest waste of time anyone should have.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In the early seasons, Bart was more or less the "star" -- all the "ay caramba!" "eat my shorts!" years. But then Homer really emerged as the real clown... He's the real comedic linchpin... :D

Andria

VU Sponsors