Become a Patron!

So I need some vaping help?!!

I just bought a eLeaf iStick50w device with a Aspire Atlantis V2 mind you before hand I was vaping a MVP2 with an Aspire Nautilus. It was an Upgrade for sure! I also purchased some e juice with my mod and tank alongside which was Cosmic Vape Euphoria 6mg. Here is where the problem begins. So my juice runs out. I don't have the money to buy the online stuff all they time right? Well my local shop just so happens to have great deals on e juice! So I go on down and grab me a few bottles and start tooting away, and then....the burn.....the cough....the pain....the unbearable feeling I get when I vape this "house juice" I just dont get it! Is there any reason why? At first I got a 12 mg on accident so I thought maybe that was it so I went to 6mg but on a different flavor. That didn't cut it. and then to another flavor. there was one flavor that was almost bearable but nowhere near the first juice I purchased with my combo. Help? Please?

ealtman0528

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well the first thought that comes to my mind is what pg/vg ratio were you vaping at and how many watts.. My husband has the exact same set up and there is a big difference between my little 30watt and his.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

ealtman0528

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
House juice usually gives me a slight burn as well but I have to let it steep for a while. That's just my opinion though. Also I use a higher vg and that seems to help with that throat hit. As well as 3 mg. But this is just my experience.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
There are many factors that could contribute to this... low quality nicotine, nicotine mg too high, poor PG, high PG, allergy to something in the juice, too high wattage...

Juice will certainly vary from vendor to vendor... that's why there are sooooo many juice vendors out there. No two juices/vendors will taste or hit the exact same.

Also, Keep in mind that you've gone from a standard tank to SubOhm and the SubOhm tank is going to hit much much harder... it will take some adjusting. You should be looking for juices higher in VG for the Atlantis. Maybe try taking much smaller inhales and see if that helps any. I would also suggest trying a lower wattage so the hit isn't as hot.

And, one last thing... I do believe the Atlantis V2 has a cotton wick. This will also make a difference and don't let it get dry.

There are many factors that could contribute to this... low quality nicotine, nicotine mg too high, poor PG, high PG, allergy to something in the juice, too high wattage...

Juice will certainly vary from vendor to vendor... that's why there are sooooo many juice vendors out there. No two juices/vendors will taste or hit the exact same.

Also, Keep in mind that you've gone from a standard tank to SubOhm and the SubOhm tank is going to hit much much harder... it will take some adjusting. You should be looking for juices higher in VG for the Atlantis. Maybe try taking much smaller inhales and see if that helps any. I would also suggest trying a lower wattage so the hit isn't as hot.

And, one last thing... I do believe the Atlantis V2 has a cotton wick. This will also make a difference and don't let it get dry.
Yeah you hit it right on the head when you say no juic will taste or hit the same because every damn juice I've tried from this place has hurt me in a different way. lol but I am going to ask them to make my favorite flavor with a higher vg bc they take requests on pg/vg specs so We'll see how that goes i guess. But thank you for the quick replies!

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What nic do you have it at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm, I would say it might be an ingredient they are using that bothers you. Or a particular flavor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My guess is no return policy on opened juice. It's part of the learning curve. Try another one. Taste is totally subjective for the most part.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

@SkitzzVapes ...Juice will certainly vary from vendor to vendor... that's why there are sooooo many juice vendors out there. No two juices/vendors will taste or hit the exact same.

@Countrypami I couldn't have said it better myself....sometimes "young liquid" is just harsh from not having any steep time as well and will "mellow" with age but I'm thinking its that it's the different ingrediants, whether it be different flavor concentrates or a bad batch or lower quality of nic to save a few pennies or even using lower grade pg/vg there might be something here. I know that the first store I bought juice from mixed their own in the back...they wouldn't shut the door when I would ask them for a higher nic level as I started out at 36 and I would watch them take a 24 mg juice and just syringe more nic into it at a counter in the back...of course this is years ago and standards have hopefully changed and risen....just like I stopped making juice for others to sell because I moved and couldn't keep a sterile "lab" like enviornment in my new apartment like I could in my old house and I would have lost money renting a commercial kitchen to do the job so I just make it for myself now, (damn carpets and lack of ventilation ruining everything :) )

I would make sure you're not having problems wicking first with this new juice, then go back and try the max VG blend that they make to make sure you're not sensitive to it and if you can try a small bottle of anything they have that isn't "house brand"....if the other stuff doesn't bother you then it's something about their juice and I wouldn't vape it anymore....I understand vaping on a budget but this is supposed to be a healthier alturnitive to tobacco...if it's hurting your throat or causing you problems I don't know how much healthier it is....well, i guess it's still healthier, but it shouldn't be giving you those problems once your throat acclimates to vaping from tobacco use.

I'm sorry you're having problems bud, I hope you figure it out soon and wish you the best of luck :) oh, I love the avatar with the dog btw, he looks adorable (yes, I very much am a dog person, it's sad how sappy I get around dogs because I miss my Pit's sooo much :) )

@Countrypami I couldn't have said it better myself....sometimes "young liquid" is just harsh from not having any steep time as well and will "mellow" with age but I'm thinking its that it's the different ingrediants, whether it be different flavor concentrates or a bad batch or lower quality of nic to save a few pennies or even using lower grade pg/vg there might be something here. I know that the first store I bought juice from mixed their own in the back...they wouldn't shut the door when I would ask them for a higher nic level as I started out at 36 and I would watch them take a 24 mg juice and just syringe more nic into it at a counter in the back...of course this is years ago and standards have hopefully changed and risen....just like I stopped making juice for others to sell because I moved and couldn't keep a sterile "lab" like enviornment in my new apartment like I could in my old house and I would have lost money renting a commercial kitchen to do the job so I just make it for myself now, (damn carpets and lack of ventilation ruining everything :) )

I would make sure you're not having problems wicking first with this new juice, then go back and try the max VG blend that they make to make sure you're not sensitive to it and if you can try a small bottle of anything they have that isn't "house brand"....if the other stuff doesn't bother you then it's something about their juice and I wouldn't vape it anymore....I understand vaping on a budget but this is supposed to be a healthier alturnitive to tobacco...if it's hurting your throat or causing you problems I don't know how much healthier it is....well, i guess it's still healthier, but it shouldn't be giving you those problems once your throat acclimates to vaping from tobacco use.

I'm sorry you're having problems bud, I hope you figure it out soon and wish you the best of luck :) oh, I love the avatar with the dog btw, he looks adorable (yes, I very much am a dog person, it's sad how sappy I get around dogs because I miss my Pit's sooo much :) )
Thank you so much for your reply! Yeah im going to try and ask them to make my fav juice of theirs in a max VG and see how that goes, then if that doesn't work I will just stick to online juices or travel a bit further and find a vape shop that sells juice outside of their house juice only. Oh and thank you on your comment about my picture haha she is a Boxer/English Bulldog breed. Love dogs!

VU Sponsors