Become a Patron!

So I guess I am a nic addict

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I started vaping, I used 12 mg nic juices. Then I dropped to 6 mg when I started dripping. Nowadays I'm around at 3 mg, unless I want a bit of temporary excitement and I go back to 6 mg. I can't take 12mg no more, as it makes my heart race.

The other day, my s.o. dared me to switch to no-nic. I told her it wouldn't work because, well, I've tried it before. She said it might be entirely psychological, because I knew the juice had no nicotine in it.

So we devised a little double-blind experiment: I made 3 bottles of 3 mg juice, and 3 bottles of 0 mg, all unflavored VG, filled to exactly the same level, in new bottles. No PG, no water, no saline, no flavor, just VG with and without nic.

I gave the bottles to her, she labeled them 1 to 6, listing which numbers had nic and which didn't on a sheet of paper that she kept hidden, and gave me the bottles back. I was to vape a whole bottle from start to finish without switching before starting on another one.

Tonight I've gone through all 6 bottles. That didn't take long: for 3 of the bottles, I downed the 10 ml in less than half a day without feeling very satisfied. For the 3 others, each bottle lasted me well over 2 days. Sure enough, when we double-checked the numbers, the unsatisfactory bottles were no-nic juice.

This little experiment bothers me because 1/ I'm addicted alright (I knew it, but I'm not sure I wanted such blatant proof) and 2/ if/when the powers that be have their way, I won't have access to nic no more. And I do NOT want to smoke again!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
honestly, there is not that much difference in dropping from 18 to 16 or 6 to 3..
it normally takes about 3 days for nic to drop from your system..

when i have done it, i get lick happy.. and crave!!
but.. after that 3 day period.. i dont really notice..

now days tho.. i start at around 10mg.. by lunch i am at 0 and end of my day i finish up at about 6..
depends on stress and mood as well..

when you know you are playing an experiment, your body knows this and expects it..
if you really want to crank up the fun.. have her switch just one juice bit.. but..
dont let her tell you when.. and make sure you go a week ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
honestly, there is not that much difference in dropping from 18 to 16 or 6 to 3..
it normally takes about 3 days for nic to drop from your system..

when i have done it, i get lick happy.. and crave!!
but.. after that 3 day period.. i dont really notice..

now days tho.. i start at around 10mg.. by lunch i am at 0 and end of my day i finish up at about 6..
depends on stress and mood as well..

when you know you are playing an experiment, your body knows this and expects it..
if you really want to crank up the fun.. have her switch just one juice bit.. but..
dont let her tell you when.. and make sure you go a week ;)
This makes sense as I was at the vape var and I RDA at 12mg I know thats high well this crazy guy was pouncing around with his Raptor 200 box and said hit this I tool a few vapes and man I almost fell over he was RDA;n 24mg I had no idea I just vaped it... makes good sense

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I can vape anything for a minute or two, but higher nic makes me fidgety after a while now. And by higher nic, I mean 12 mg or higher, which goes to show how much of a wimp I've become :) This said, I'm pretty convinced if I vaped 12 mg assiduously for a while, I'd get used to it .But what would be the point?

Also, nicotine tends to wreak havoc on my stomach ulcers. So the least concentration I can get by with, the better. I'm fairly sure I could drop to 1 or 2 mg and still control my cravings, but 0 seems out of the question.

Maybe it's true that nicotine physically changes the brain in young people: ever since I've started smoking at 11, I can't remember a time when I didn't crave nicotine - including when I quit smoking for 3 years in a row.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting stuff! I smoked a pack a day for 40 years and was never able to quit longer than 4 months (tried patches, gum, cold turkey). From the day I picked up an ecig I never needed another real one. I started on 18mgs, moved down to 12mg within a week and now vape 3-6mg depending (and I chain vape). But I've found I can go many hours without vaping, or even having a nic fit, - and even then when I am able to vape I think it's more the habit than the nicotine satisfaction (although of course I could be fooling myself). I do think one can be weened off of nicotine, although for some I suspect it's going to be a slower process than others, and it may have to be done literally by 0.5mgs at a time. I really don't think if I couldn't get nicotine I'd probably be ok with vaping just my flavored mixes. I am fairly sure that the hand-to-mouth habit is deeplly ingrained, and that's why I was never able to quit previously. I doubt I'd smoke if nicotine was unobtainable for vaping - but, then again, I can't be sure!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Question, is your nic a PG or VG base?

If PG, then you probably want to make sure that you use the same amount of plain PG in your no nic blend or there will be a difference in the throat hit from just the PG, in addition to whatever difference in flavor because of diluted VG.

These may be enough cues for your body to respond to the differences in the juice unless you use a VG base nic.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never vape PG as I'm intolerant to it. It's all VG.

At 3 mg, I honestly can't feel the peppery taste of nicotine. Well, perhaps a little if I pay attention, and if I take heavy lung hits at high power, but I rarely do that. I did double-check that the taste was the same before running our little experiment, otherwise it wouldn't've been much of an experiment :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
flash or 151 white rum alcohol gives throat hit as well as nic..
be careful using it.. in between .5% and up to 2%
on the alcohol, i have seen people go up as high as 5%..
i am not! that brave..

nor do i like distilled water anywhere near my juice..

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember reading somewhere that inhaling alcohol damages the lungs over time. When I asked my family doctor, he told me it was true, and that it's the main reason why heavy alcoholics have lung problems too (due to alcohol vapors going from the stomach to the lungs). That's why I never, EVER add any alcohol in my juices. In any case, I've found even a little of it kills vapor production, and it doesn't really improves the taste of juices anyway.

I have no problem with distilled water. In fact, most of the juices I make contain between 7% and 12.5% water - save for unflavored VG, which I prefer thick and gooey.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
that bit right there..

I remember reading somewhere that inhaling alcohol damages the lungs over time. When I asked my family doctor, he told me it was true, and that it's the main reason why heavy alcoholics have lung problems too (due to alcohol vapors going from the stomach to the lungs). That's why I never, EVER add any alcohol in my juices. In any case, I've found even a little of it kills vapor production, and it doesn't really improves the taste of juices anyway.

i personally do not have any issues with my lungs.. and i do not drink.. often..
i might drink at New Year's but thats it..
up to 5% alcohol will not hurt anyone's lungs.. by the time you inhale..
most hits your tongue and your throat.. giving the throat hit..
i questioned my dr, and i have asked the chemist, Kurt about it too..
in the end, it is up to the mixer as to what to put in the juice, at their determination..

I have no problem with distilled water. In fact, most of the juices I make contain between 7% and 12.5% water - save for unflavored VG, which I prefer thick and gooey.

we are all different, and this is why i mix my own..
i like to know who's fingers have been in my juice and what they use.. ;)

VU Sponsors