So Done With Mt. Baker...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have quite a few bottles of flavoring from Mt. Baker Vapors, mainly because when I first started DIY they were cheaper than the good stuff. Since I was learning at the time, I didn't see ruining FA, PA, and the like so Mt. Baker was good. I'm clueless as to their actual juices since I've only ordered one bottle and that'll be in vape mail today.
One particular flavor I have of theirs is called Moo Juice. The reviews were mostly raves about the "creamy strawberry flavor" and everyone seemed to love it. I've no idea why, no matter how strong or weak my percentages were, and regardless of steep time this stuff is garbage. It's a cross between strawberry plastic and strawberry puke with a hangtime in your sinuses that will NOT go away. No biggie, everyone comes out with one that doesn't suit 100% of the masses, but I do submit product reviews out of respect for others who have tight budgets and this was not a good review, needless to say. They commented that I should contact customer service, don't throw it away, we can address the issue, blah, blah. So I emailed customer service and got a reply from some smartass who said they couldn't take it back because of hygiene concerns ( I understand that), and implied that the reason I didn't like it was because I'd vaped the flavoring, not the juice. Really? You went there? I replied with a very eloquent "No", that in so many words this wasn't my first rodeo, yada, yada....to which he minced words and said if it was good enough for the thumbs-uppers, it was good enough for me. To which I've responded it's worth the extra change to get FA and I think that's what I'll do.
So how did we go from "We'll make it right" to "You're a flavor-vaping dumbass, suck it up"?
I'm sorry, but sometimes the little things make me a little postal....I'll pay big bucks for the good stuff before they'll get another dollar from me.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always use 100ml nic, doing 18% right now. I started the flavoring at 15% ( I love my sweets!), but ended up taking it down as low as 2%. Still terrible. I can smell it just thin king about it.
It may just be that it isn't the flavor for me, they just didn't have to be so condescending.

gryffandor

Member For 4 Years
Thanks Teresa, I just wondered because Moo Juice is one of my favorites. I do find that their mixing seems to vary widely from batch to batch. You may have just gotten a bad one but there is no excuse for how you were treated.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, and I agree.
I'll give the rest of this bottle of flavoring to anyone who wants to try their hand at making it vapable. Free ship, send it right to your door, maybe someone else can make it taste good. My office is the cleanest room in my house, as that's where I do all my mixing...ha!
In the meantime, I'm gonna hit the recipe thread up for a good Strawberries and Cream recipe. ;)

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't know exactly what cream flavoring they use but it tastes like some weird popcorn plastic. We tried the moo juice and the sweet cream liquids, they both have it. Actually, that's why I'm very hesitant to use any flavor west flavors, because I know MBV uses at least mostly them and the majority of their juice is crap to me.

I am surprised at their reaction though, but every vendor has the subjective taste disclaimer. Some people absolutely love their liquids, while others hate them. I don't know how anyone could love their stuff. I tried some of their most popular liquids multiple times and they were disgusting every time even after steeping for weeks then months. Thug juice, hawk sauce, moo juice, and many more. Out of the 6 people I know that vape, everyone hated them, so I really am curious how and why all these people on the internet love their liquids.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like Moo Juice. It tastes like blueberries with a LOT of cream. Right now I'm vaping a Mount Baker Albino Drake. At first it tasted like nothing. After two months of steeping it tasted like sweetened white tea. Here it is, over a year later, and it's pretty damn good. I also like Hawk Sauce, one of the better menthols out there. And I'm hooked on their kiwi, can't describe what it reminds me of because it will get removed. I've never tried their flavors, just their juices, and all their juices need at least two or three flavor shots. I also have a vanilla butternut that's not too bad.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, if you want a really good creamy strawberry vape you really gotta try this. One of the ladies on this forum posted it in a random thread I can't find now. Its a mother's milk clone she found, but it tastes more like sucker punch to me, almost exact if it had a touch of dragonfruit. Anyway, its awesome.

CAP Sweet Strawberry 7%
TFA Bavarian Cream 1%
CAP Vanilla Custard 2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%
FA Catalan Cream 1%
TFA Vienna Cream 1%

I mixed it at 50/50 6mg. Heat steeped for a few hours and sat jn the closet for a day or 2.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like Moo Juice. It tastes like blueberries with a LOT of cream. Right now I'm vaping a Mount Baker Albino Drake. At first it tasted like nothing. After two months of steeping it tasted like sweetened white tea. Here it is, over a year later, and it's pretty damn good. I also like Hawk Sauce, one of the better menthols out there. And I'm hooked on their kiwi, can't describe what it reminds me of because it will get removed. I've never tried their flavors, just their juices, and all their juices need at least two or three flavor shots. I also have a vanilla butternut that's not too bad.

Well, since moo juice is supposed to taste like strawberries you may have proven my point.....lol! What the heck, you like it and that's what matters!
And Dustin, thank you! I've trolled the recipe thread all day looking for something along that line. I think it was LadyRed69 who did that one, she posts some awesome stuff.....gonna have to do another flavor order before I attempt it though....;)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, since moo juice is supposed to taste like strawberries you may have proven my point.....lol! What the heck, you like it and that's what matters!
And Dustin, thank you! I've trolled the recipe thread all day looking for something along that line. I think it was LadyRed69 who did that one, she posts some awesome stuff.....gonna have to do another flavor order before I attempt it though....;)
Sorry, was confused, BLUE Moo is the one I've tried and liked, don't know what Moo Juice is.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same thing, just strawberries instead of blueberry. ;)
In any case Mount Baker is a mixed bag. I really hated them at first. My first few orders from them just tasted like nothing. It took a long time before I tried them again and got lucky. One of the reasons I tried them again is because the free sample they gave me with one of my orders was the kiwi and I eventually tried it and liked it. On the other hand, I have a grape flavor from them that well, just tastes like grape, nothing special at all. I think the key is if you want to gamble a little, get a bunch of flavors and find the few that you really like and then stick with those because they are pretty cheap and can hit the mark occasionally.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something like that happened to me about a month ago . I ordered three juices I always order once a month or every other month (from a different company). One tasted a little off the other two were just horrendous . It wasn't that I didnt like them ..nobody would have liked them . I did not talk to them , I would have gotten the same crap as you did and I just don't go for drama. Just goes to show QA is not always there . Feel for you Ms.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After their lewd replies to my emails, I think I'll just break ties with them. I've done pretty well with rtsvapes and ecig.com just the past month. I did get the new French Toast from Mt. Baker with my last order, but it's steeping. I tasted bread, but nothing about it resembled French Toast. Lol!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey T, I too started with mt. Baker. If you want small samples of fa you can get them at http://mamajsjuice.com as little as 3 ml. Samples, they are way more concentrated than mt. Baker so you use less. He also sells concentrated flavoring mixes. Shipping is free if you spend $20! You can also check out eliquidmart. Those are the best prices I've found on fa. I'm also told to try vaporstek nicotine. I got mine from bull city. Depending on what you mix, it's the cleanest nic. If you check out https://gumroad.com/hic he has a quickberry pink recipe you might like that others have said was better than mothers milk. You can pm headinclouds on help with mixing with fa. Or wllmc about flavors you may want on vu here.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh also if you want to pay shipping, I have some full 8ml. Bottles extra of the following if you want to try...tfa strawberry, tfa strawberry ripe, tfa vanillin, tfa banana cream, tfa Brown sugar extra, about 9 ml. Of fe strawberry, and 10ml. Of caps cake batter. You can pm me. I personally don't care for the tfa strawberries, but you may. The fe was too green tasting to me. I also have nv. French vanilla and butterscotch, but to me they were awful esp. For $6 for 10ml. But you can have them also. The fa strawberry is week, but good. I mix .25% FA raspberry to boost it. You can also put in a small amount of fe strawberry to mix with it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OH MY WOW another victim of the MT... I NEVER BOUGHT anything from this guys there's something about really cheap juices, the cheaper they get the less quality they produced, there's too many vendors out there, and don't fall on the reviews...TASTE IS VERYY SUBJECTIVE!!
VAPE ON

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh also if you want to pay shipping, I have some full 8ml. Bottles extra of the following if you want to try...tfa strawberry, tfa strawberry ripe, tfa vanillin, tfa banana cream, tfa Brown sugar extra, about 9 ml. Of fe strawberry, and 10ml. Of caps cake batter. You can pm me. I personally don't care for the tfa strawberries, but you may. The fe was too green tasting to me. I also have nv. French vanilla and butterscotch, but to me they were awful esp. For $6 for 10ml. But you can have them also. The fa strawberry is week, but good. I mix .25% FA raspberry to boost it. You can also put in a small amount of fe strawberry to mix with it.

I'd LOVE that! But, being the blonde I am, I'm clueless as to how to p.m. anyone.....HELP! LOL!!

VU Sponsors