Become a Patron!

So, anybody else get their 50 watt istick yet?

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used mine most of yesterday with a big dripper. When I came home I automatically plugged it in like I do with my iStick 20, except that I loked at the battery meter and it was still 50-60% full.

Eleaf just set a benchmark for power and Mah with this mod. I think 4400Mah is going to be a new standard for small rechargeable mods going forward. Just think back a year ago, the DNA30 Vaporshark 1100Mah was the shizzle.

Good friend of mine used his for over three days and it was still going without a hitch with 1.8 dual coil. I wouldn't be surprised if it will go 4 days on a single charge. They set the standard once again believe it. The first to introduce the most portable mods on the market, the first to price them most affordable and the first to offer the largest built in battery available anywhere. Now everyone will try to emulate the 50 watt and once again bring their prices down in order to compete with Eleaf. They could have sold this device for $30 more if they wanted to but chose against it, because they care for the core principle in keeping their products affordable and within reach. I have a lot of respect for their ethics and standards. Who will be next in line? One of the pioneers Smok. The M80 Plus is on its way (4400 mAh.) They noticed right away and knew the huge impact that Eleaf was going to have with the iSticks. Get ready for clones to spill out of China like lava due to such high demand for the iStick.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good friend of mine used his for over three days and it was still going without a hitch with 1.8 dual coil. I wouldn't be surprised if it will go 4 days on a single charge. They set the standard once again believe it. The first to introduce the most portable mods on the market, the first to price them most affordable and the first to offer the largest built in battery available anywhere. Now everyone will try to emulate the 50 watt and once again bring their prices down in order to compete with Eleaf. They could have sold this device for $30 more if they wanted to but chose against it, because they care for the core principle in keeping their products affordable and within reach. I have a lot of respect for their ethics and standards. Who will be next in line? One of the pioneers Smok. The M80 Plus is on its way (4400 mAh.) They noticed right away and knew the huge impact that Eleaf was going to have with the iSticks. Get ready for clones to spill out of China like lava due to such high demand for the iStick.

now if they could only design a nicer looking device like Smok has done with theirs.. thats my only gripe..

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only have the 30 I think next purchase will be the IPV but it's crossed my mind !! I Vape on my mvp and two ileaf daily lol!
I am going to try the other coil on the subtank mini I am using the sub ohm coil it's warm sometimes too hot and i Vape at 15 watts to ensure no overheated Vape and now I'm getting too strong of a drag inhale and not a LOT of vapor on exhale not sure why...I'll figure it out! I love it!

Try adjusting the airflow dial. It could also be the juice you're using.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
now if they could only design a nicer looking device like Smok has done with theirs.. thats my only gripe..

I personally like the design of the iStick more than the Smok but both are nice mods. I think appearance is always going to be subjective much like individual vape style or satisfaction with a particular juice. A gold or forest green would have been nice to see but I'm just being picky now:p

Reactions: Jah

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I personally like the design of the iStick more than the Smok but both are nice mods. I think appearance is always going to be subjective much like individual vape style or satisfaction with a particular juice. A gold or forest green would have been nice to see but I'm just being picky now:p

yup to each their own.. just personal preference - the isticks still look very cheap on the outside to me.. and i agree - some added colors could have spruced the appearance up a little more and made them stand out a bit but maybe the next version.. a jwrap can always fix the look anyways

do the buttons still rattle on the 50w's? again - small gripe but annoys the hell outta me with my mini istick

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yup to each their own.. just personal preference - the isticks still look very cheap on the outside to me.. and i agree - some added colors could have spruced the appearance up a little more and made them stand out a bit but maybe the next version.. a jwrap can always fix the look anyways

do the buttons still rattle on the 50w's? again - small gripe but annoys the hell outta me with my mini istick

OCD? LOL. Very well made and no rattle it's a solid piece.

Last edited:

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

The only rattle mine produces is if i place my finger on the button and nudge it one way or another or just lightly tap the power button. this thing is rock solid. feels a lot like the mvp does in your hand, bulletproof

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do wish they had used something other than chrome for the top and bottom caps, the shiny does look a bit cheap. I wonder if Jwraps cover the top of the mod? maybe a silicone sleeve similar to the 30 will come out

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the 50watt is a very sleek looking, but still brutally durable mod. Mine feels like a brick shithouse. No button rattle. It looks rather dapper in black with the Delta II. I guess I'm a little biased, since black is one of my favorite colors.

Last edited:

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Loving this little thing right now :)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the 50watt is a very sleek looking, but still brutally durable mod. Mine feels like a brick shithouse. No button rattle. It looks rather dapper in black with the Delta II. I guess I'm a little biased, since black is one of my favorite colors.

You can use that picture in a magazine it looks sharp. Killer device at a good price. Eleaf can take a nice long vacation now and reap their reward.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
^^^thanks very much! I appreciate it. And I agree, Eleaf really nailed it with this one.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is a cool looking ad. How can one resist the temptation.

11008171_1026418584042101_499043969_n.jpg

Mine came in today. USPS tracking went from no updates in 3-4 days to delivered all on one day. So VaporDNA shipped promptly, the issue was all on the USPS end.

The iStick 50W looks nice (I got blue) and works well with the Subtank Mini. I've only used it for a little bit so no other comments other than so far so good. I'm hoping they make a good pair.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine came in today. USPS tracking went from no updates in 3-4 days to delivered all on one day. So VaporDNA shipped promptly, the issue was all on the USPS end.

The iStick 50W looks nice (I got blue) and works well with the Subtank Mini. I've only used it for a little bit so no other comments other than so far so good. I'm hoping they make a good pair.

That is an excellent pair up. I'm sure it will bring you many good vapes. I have been using Eleaf products for a long time and consider them to be one of the best. The Subtanks have yet to fail me. With some good juice you're good to go.

Nobody2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just ordered mine today. Was undecided at first between the DNA50 and istick 50 but something kept saying istick..get the istick..lol. So I did and it looks like I made a good choice. It should be here next week.

Last edited:

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think you definitely made the right choice. Use the heck out of that sucker and post some pics if you can. What color did you get?

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got mine today from vapor DNA!! I ordered on fri the 13th and it came today the 19th! I also got the project sub ohm limited mutation X version 3 and I have been blowing clouds so big I swear a rainbow came out of one!!! I have been using my delta 2 on it at 45 watts with the rebuildable head and 3 28 gauge kanthal wrap in it at .6 ohms and the flavor and production is freaking AWESOME!! I have also been using my billow with a .9 ohm dual build and it is very nice as well. Absolutely no button rattle and the unit feels so right holding it, when you squeeze to puff you just naturally sqweeze, no more pointer finger tip needed. This is a great all day puffaroony and I am one happy camper! Hell to the yea vapor DNA is great and they sent me a nice vanilla custard sample along with it! Could not beat the prices either! Using thunderhead Apollo to drip is heavenly and vista vapor juices for my tanks at max vg is so delightful and cost effective. Now hopefully I can finally save some money from quitting smoking he he. If you have not tried vista vapors they are hands down the best bang for your buck that I have found, get a boost of at least 20% to pop the flavor. Anyhoo thats my little rant GO GET YOU ONE!

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Awesome! My buddy just built a .08 ohm coil for the rebuildable in his Delta II and he loves it.

The 50watter could have been priced much higher, and knowing how it performs, I still would have bought it!

Post up some pics if you can, and that goes for everybody. Let's see those isticks, let's see those clouds! :thumbup:

Reactions: Jah

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I will have to see if my local shop carries it in 3mg. I also started looking around at reviews of the Grape Drank ejuice and read that it works way better at low power, so I dropped down to 10 watts and the aftertaste is gone. Still need to rip the stock coil out tomorrow and see if a new coil and organic cotton makes a difference. Thanks for the tip :)

No need to drop down to 3mg. Just adjust it to lower wattage, get used to it, then creep it up. You will get used to it.

The reason I'm saying this, and thinking it might be the wrong approach is that if you drop down to 3mg, you might miss all the things you liked about 6. That gap right there seems to be the hardest and most fine tuned one. 12mg to 6 was easy for me. I've tried to go from 6 to 3 several times and couldn't be satisfied. YMMV

And just try to find increments less than 3mg at any shop. Ain't gonna happen. It's 12, 6, 3, 0.

However, when I switched from the aspire ET-S tank to the mini nautilus on an aspire cf vv, I dropped immediately from 12 to 6. The 12 made me nauseated after 2 hits. I switched to 6 and never looked back. I guess you might need to try it and see for yourself.

A friend of mine who is way more heavily into vaping than me has been trying to make the move from 6 to 3. He says with the 3 he just can't get what he needs out of it, so he sticks with 6 and turns the wattage down til he gets used to the juice.

Last edited:

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No need to drop down to 3mg. Just adjust it to lower wattage, get used to it, then creep it up. You will get used to it.

The reason I'm saying this, and thinking it might be the wrong approach is that if you drop down to 3mg, you might miss all the things you liked about 6. That gap right there seems to be the hardest and most fine tuned one. 12mg to 6 was easy for me. I've tried to go from 6 to 3 several times and couldn't be satisfied. YMMV

And just try to find increments less than 3mg at any shop. Ain't gonna happen. It's 12, 6, 3, 0.

However, when I switched from the aspire ET-S tank to the mini nautilus on an aspire cf vv, I dropped immediately from 12 to 6. The 12 made me nauseated after 2 hits. I switched to 6 and never looked back. I guess you might need to try it and see for yourself.

A friend of mine who is way more heavily into vaping than me has been trying to make the move from 6 to 3. He says with the 3 he just can't get what he needs out of it, so he sticks with 6 and turns the wattage down til he gets used to the juice.
I have been at 3 for about 2 months now. It was definitely the hardest step down yet, the others were done out of necessity (got better gear and had to drop nic lower), but this one is more of a personal decision to steadily lower my nic consumption. My juice consumption has increased a bit, but my overall nic consumption has dropped. next stop 1.5mg.
And back on topic, just recharged my istick for the first time last night.....coming from the ipv2and 18650 mechs, this battery is freaking awesome!

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I drained my battery in one day today by 4:30 but i had it since the 19th at noon and was using it. I chain vape but I was alternating between my istick 30 and my istick 50 all day due to different flavors. I use my istick 50 at 42-45 watts steadily with a billow and the build on my billow is a.8 ohm load. hopefully after a nice charge it will last a full day tomorrow.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I drained my battery in one day today by 4:30 but i had it since the 19th at noon and was using it. I chain vape but I was alternating between my istick 30 and my istick 50 all day due to different flavors. I use my istick 50 at 42-45 watts steadily with a billow and the build on my billow is a.8 ohm load. hopefully after a nice charge it will last a full day tomorrow.

I charged mine overnight then used it exclusively, chain vaping, until I got a low battery. That was about 5 hours. I used various attys, most built .5-.8.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got a silver one at my local shop, paid 60. This thing is fucking amazing, by far my favorite mod. Makes huge clouds at 40 watts with my delta II.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow, y'all must use yours a lot! I have used mine for almost a full 2 days without charging it

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, y'all must use yours a lot! I have used mine for almost a full 2 days without charging it

Well I did literally chain vape. With the ice storm we had here, I had the office to myself.

Nobody2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you definitely made the right choice. Use the heck out of that sucker and post some pics if you can. What color did you get?

I got black. Suppose to be here Monday, can;t wait. I will definitely post some pics as soon as it arrives.

Nobody2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

That's why I make my own. I can do any mg I want.

VU Sponsors