Become a Patron!

SNOWWOLF XFENG 230W TC BOX MOD

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the XFENG 230W TC BOX MOD from Sigelei Snowwolf. The XFENG 230W TC BOX MOD was supplied for the purpose of this review by Bella from Sigelei Snowwolf.

http://snowwolfvape.com/Product/Vaporize...Xfeng.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 XFENG 230W Box Mod
1 MicroUSB Cable
1 Warranty Leaflet
1 Quality Control Card
Panel Protectors
Instructional Manual

The New Feng

Already owning the Vfeng by Snowwolf and liking it's performance i am very happy to of received the Xfeng which certainly from an aesthetic and ergonomic point of view looks an improvement, so let's have a good look.

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

I had seen pictures before i received the Xfeng and was expecting a Black device which from the pictures i was pretty sure i would be a big fan of aesthetically. It comes in a tin as a lot of Sigelei products do of late and once opened i was pleasantly surprised to find i had received which i now know is the Jungle version, it's also available in Woodland Camo. Both the front and back of the device has a raised panel shaped like a manipulated "X", the back has the Snowwolf logo in gold, the front houses the 1.3" TFT colour screen centrally. Underneath the screen to the left and right we have the up and down buttons in Gold, above the screen is the word "SNOWWOLF" also in Gold. Both sides of the device has 5 generous slots displaying a reflective metallic grill for venting and i personally think looks aesthetically gorgeous when the light catches the metallic, on one side at the top we have a large rectangular Black fire button. The bottom of the device is featureless apart from the jungle effect finish and finally moving to the top we have a centre mounted, air fed, spring loaded 510. The finish and build quality is very impressive and i love the Jungle version i received. The Xfeng i found to be ergonomically comfortable in the hand with the fire button in the ideal position, it is average duel 18650 size and i would say very slightly heavier than average but not too heavy.

Specs and Features:

Dimensions - 89mm by 49mm by 30mm
Dual 18650 High-Amp Battery - Not Included
Wattage Ouput Range: 10-230W
Voltage Output Range: 1-7.5V
Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
Ni200, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Compatibility
Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR) Adjustments
Power Modes - Soft, Normal, Hard
Customizable DIY Mode
Preheat Functionality
High Quality Zinc Alloy Construction
Stylish Front and Black Reflective Panels
1.3" TFT Full-Color Display
Oversized Square Firing Button
Two Adjustment Buttons
Magnetized Battery Door Panel
510 Connection
Available in Black, Woodland Camo, Jungle

Fitting the Batteries

The back panel takes a bit of prising off, easier if done from the bottom, but i don't mind this in the slightest as the door is impressively secure and isn't going anywhere while in use. The battery compartment is clean and tidy and orientation clearly marked.

Using the Xfeng

The display is colourful, clear and bright but doesn't use loads of colours to make it too busy looking, all information needed is clear and well set out. The default display is centre circular graphic as is becoming quite common and in the centre of the circle we have the wattage (temperature when in temp control), above this is the current mode and below the seconds vaped. The top right corner of the screen is your puffs then bottom left is the preheat and resistance, bottom right we have the volts and finally top left we have an arced bar that follows the contours of the circle to show battery status. The device is the standard 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off and the device as such a simple menu system which is 3 clicks of the fire button to enter, some of the menu screens are set out amongst star constellations which i'm not an expert on but the plough i spotted bottom left. The main menu screen has just 3 options, mode, set and exit, choosing mode brings up the options, power, TCR, SS, NI 200 and TI 1. If you choose SS it brings up 3 different SS options, 304, 316 and 317 once choosing any TC wire it then gives you the option of choosing your temp unit, Celsius or Fahrenheit. From the main menu screen if you select set it brings up the following options, power saving (which you can switch on or off), puffs (which you can zero), preheat (options of, hard, normal, soft and user, user allows you to set your own and works very well) and GUI. As well as the default GUI it gives the option of a second which is perfect for those who haven't got great eyesight, the most important information is still present but everything is in large font. The navigation of the menu is the up and down buttons and fire to select and the menu is impressively uncomplicated.

Performance

230w, no it's not but those that have seen the charts say it will hit the 200 which is better than some devices claiming over the 200w mark and it seemed very accurate at the different wattage's i vaped at. I found it fired instantly and used the device on both hard and user. I also tested it with the Berserker Mini at 12w and the device was silent. I have used the device quite a bit and have had no issues of any kind and love the feel of the fire button, any tank up to 28mm looks great. Nothing to report when it comes to battery life i would just rate it as good as it's what i would expect from a duel 18650 device. The Xfeng supports 2.5A charging and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

Is there anything exceptional in performance? well no, but i found it very accurate and quick firing and it was very reliable. Aesthetics can be personal and very much a matter of opinion but in my view that's where this device is exceptional, it's look and build quality.

Exceptional build quality
Looks stunning (my opinion)
High Wattage
GUI Option for those with poor eyesight
Easy to use menu
Temp control
User preheat
Up to 28mm tank looks great
Very secure battery door
2.5A charging
Fires instantly
Good battery life
Firmware Upgradeable

I would once again like to thank Bella from Sigelei Snowwolf for supplying the Xfeng for the purpose of this review.

http://snowwolfvape.com/Product/Vaporize...Xfeng.html

VU Sponsors