Become a Patron!

SnowWolf, IPV3LI or Tesla 160tc

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking for a more powerful box mod with temp control. I've narrowed it down to the SnowWolf, the IPV3LI and the Tesla 160. I googled and searched YouTube and I still can't decide. What do y'all think is the best for the money?

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking for a more powerful box mod with temp control. I've narrowed it down to the SnowWolf, the IPV3LI and the Tesla 160. I googled and searched YouTube and I still can't decide. What do y'all think is the best for the money?
I have the ipv3 li and love it price is right aswell can't say anything about the other 2

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered the Snow Wolf. I like the looks and the price is good. The reviews I've seen have been good, so I pulled the trigger.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, is he still going?

I ordered through wake and vape, there is a thread started by them somewhere around here... Damn good prices.
Yes, It's fun to watch.:rolleyes:
W&V They have some very reasonable prices and from what I have seen great cust service.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, It's fun to watch.:rolleyes:
W&V They have some very reasonable prices and from what I have seen great cust service.
I put him on ignore earlier. Figures ignoring him would make him madder...

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its tempting but I think I will pass dna200 on the horizion let me know how it vapes when you get it.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its tempting but I think I will pass dna200 on the horizion let me know how it vapes when you get it.
That one had me interested as well. I just didn't want to wait. Oh well, I may end up buying one after it comes out too. Once I get it and get it figured out, I will try to post a review.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use a Snow Wolf daily. I have an IPV4 and the IPV3 Li should be here tomorrow.

A few things I've noticed. The Snow Wolf is very smooth at higher wattage. More so than my IPV4. Course this depends on what style vaping you're into. Now the con with the ramp up. One when its idle for a few mins and you aren't using it it won't deliver your set wattage immediately it will gradually build up after a few seconds (it seems like) when you hit the fire button. Not a big deal but it does get on my nerves from time to time. Two the 5 click standby bullshit. I utterly hate it. I never pocket so an inadvertent fire isn't a thing for me so the 5 click feature is more of a nuisance than a pro. Again. Totally subjective depending on the individual. Three the weight of the Snow Wolf is def noticeable. I've gotten use to it so it isn't a big deal. If you pocket it could be. Don't know.

I really like the pulse feature at 151W+. You can get a nice, dense, hot vape without feeling like your heads gonna explode hahaha. Really nice feature. The screen is nice and easy to read. Fitment is solid. Magnets are great. It's a really clean mod and way more positive than negative in my use.

The "auto sensing" temp control is a major plus too. The IPV forces you to manually change in the menus. That's of course not a big deal but it's a plus to not have to even think about it. Switch atty's and you're good to go. I have found though when comparing the two I have that with temp control builds the IPV has and keeps a more consistent reading with the ohm readout. Now that could just be due to the nature of the chip in the Snow Wolf always adjusts and is reading I'm not sure.

Anyway hope this helps or adds some of my thoughts. Either way you won't be disappointed. It's a great box for the price most def.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for the review. It sounds about perfect for me. I've got iSticks for when I'm out and about, so the SnowWolf will be for use at home. I kind of like the idea of a heavy mod. The only thing Im not fond of is the auto lock feature. Sounds more annoying than anything. But I can deal with that. Thanks again.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah man it's just one of those things. It takes some time for it to "standby". Just chain vape it. It'll be fine. Lol. Enjoy!

I got to try the snow wolf as my boy has one and thought overall its pretty cool. I have a sigelei 150... I like how responsive it is to the touch, bigger lcd display and temperature adjustment was pretty cool. Its a little on the heavy side compared to sigelei but I think its a good investment especially if temperature adj. Weighs in on your decision

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the SnowWolf today, but the charger won't be here until tomorrow. I got a set of 25r's with the mod and ordered 4 VTC4's and the charger from Liionwholesale.com. I'm curious about the batteries I got from Wake and Vape, I figured they would have Samsung written on them somewhere. In a few I'll post some pics.

Toyotaslave

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah they're legit. They just put a big shiny sticker over the factory stamp. Pull the sticker off and see for yourself. Good batteries.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah they're legit. They just put a big shiny sticker over the factory stamp. Pull the sticker off and see for yourself. Good batteries.
You are right. I pulled the stickers off of them and its right there. Why would they cover that up? Anyways, thank you, that eases my mind.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is the splash screen asMODus? or is it isk? looks nice

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, my batteries and charger came in this morning. I got some batteries charged and slapped my SubTank on the Snow Wolf. Even at 15 watts, it hits like a freight train. I run the iStick at 25 watts with the subtank and it doesn't come close to this. Instantly throwing vapor full tilt. The iStick seems to take a second or so to get full power to the coil where the Snow Wolf is at full temp as soon as I think about hitting the button.

Another thing to mention is that it does not lock after sitting for a few min. I can grab it after it sat for half an hour and go straight to vaping. No 5 taps to unlock.

I just ordered some 28awg Ni200 so I can start on the temp control next week. So far I am very impressed with this mod. Well built, nice and heavy, and damn it looks good.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmmm. Maybe they have made a couple tweaks software wise since initial launch. Everyone I know locally that owns one, all initial launch, have the 5 click standby deal. Either way glad you are enjoying it man. It's a great mod and I feel confident I could bludgeon an intruder with it if need be. ;)

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmm. Maybe they have made a couple tweaks software wise since initial launch. Everyone I know locally that owns one, all initial launch, have the 5 click standby deal. Either way glad you are enjoying it man. It's a great mod and I feel confident I could bludgeon an intruder with it if need be. ;)
It does still go into locked mode, it just takes at least half an hour. I didn't time it, but I have let it sit for 20+ min and it didn't lock.

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And yet i see the dna 200 coming out soon man...mods come out faster than cell phones and what i have seen on the dna200 is its the new iphone or in my case the new Samsung Galaxy lol

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

VU Sponsors