Become a Patron!

SMY GOD MOD 180 HELP

After trying a friend of mine's device I decided to a SMY God Mod 180. I did a bit of searching and finally decided on ordering from CANVAPE. A few days later my package arrived and I was like a kid on Christmas morning. My friend who also has a God Mod 180 was with me when mine arrived, so we put some good 18650 batteries in, screwed in an Aspire Atlantis and it was ready to fire. On my my friend's God Mod I had been vaping comfortably around 35 watts, so I set mine to the same wattage and I almost died. Burnt taste, burnt throat, burnt everything. Figured maybe it was just a bad dry hit, so I primed the coil and even let it sit for a good 20-minutes before giving it another go... same result. For some reason on my God Mod vaping at 10 watts seems to be the equilvalent of vaping at 35-40 watts on any other box mod that I have used and I cannot figure out why this would be. Any ideas?

I have since bought my friend's off him and am vaping all day long at 35-40 watts. Hadn't used the "sketchy" one in a month so I figured I would fire it up today and see what happened. It is impossible to vape at more than 10 watts on this thing and even then, its just not the same vaping experience as the other one.

Both were ordered from the same site, a reputable site which I have ordered from a number of times.

Why would this problem be happening and how can I go about fixing it?

In the photo, the red model works perfectly... it's the black one that keeps trying to kill me.
Attached Files:

Attachments

• IMG_1046.JPG
    IMG_1046.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 34

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious what the volts read on the black one at 35w vaping the Atlantis.. Might look to see what the ohm meter reads too..
My IPV3 reads the Atlantis coil at .6 ohms, and shows 4.6v at 35w...my sweet spot too ...could be a faulty chip in the 180 maybe..good luck and I hope you figure out whats up with it ...

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

DH350nWo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gonna have to go with the faulty chip theory on this. I have the God 180 and a Sigeli 150 and on my Subtanks the watts are consistent.

Chuck-N Clouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me know how to tell if its a clone or real that is if you found out how to tell cause I bought one snd want to know if its a clone or not thanks

FloridaSam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What version chip is in the faulty one? Version 1.0 or 2.0? I've heard the 1.0 very putting out much higher wattage than the revised version.

My 2.0 is very consistent and vapes comparable to my IPV2S. I have zero complaints about my God mod. So far it's performing perfectly.

Chuck-N Clouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should change out the 5 10 to a floating one and change out the wires while you're in it to solid copper wire they use stranded wire and thats not good wire. I did all that to mine and its so much nicer i love it.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should change out the 5 10 to a floating one and change out the wires while you're in it to solid copper wire they use stranded wire and thats not good wire. I did all that to mine and its so much nicer i love it.

Whether the wire is stranded or solid isn't what defines good wire or bad... like always, it's down to the quality of the wire used.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What's the return policy? Could you just call the vendor?

VU Sponsors