Become a Patron!

Smoke beast

Geo1062

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone have issues with the stainless beast leaking ? I have tried 3 different coils at random times they have all dumped the tank, same with the build-able, my gunmetal has not leaked nor have my baby and the big baby just the full size. Any ideas, I have reset the coils in the base, made sure the legs are not showing, and then out of the blue it will dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anyone have issues with the stainless beast leaking ? I have tried 3 different coils at random times they have all dumped the tank, same with the build-able, my gunmetal has not leaked nor have my baby and the big baby just the full size. Any ideas, I have reset the coils in the base, made sure the legs are not showing, and then out of the blue it will dump.

where is it dumping from? the TFV8 tanks should never leak a drop

Geo1062

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Out the air flow , I thought the same it should not leak , I thought the coils were seated wrong but double checked tried the v6 and v8 both did the same, even exchanged it for a new tank and new batch both leaked.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Out the air flow , I thought the same it should not leak , I thought the coils were seated wrong but double checked tried the v6 and v8 both did the same, even exchanged it for a new tank and new batch both leaked.

is your glass tight or can you move the glass up and down?

Geo1062

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tight even tried putting foil to chimney first then screwing down the whole assembly into the base

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Tight even tried putting foil to chimney first then screwing down the whole assembly into the base

any chance you are filling down the chimney? either that or the coil isn't screwed all the way in

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can spin the glass on my ss beast. Leaked about 3 drops the first time I filled it. None since. Never had it dump through the base, though.
Make sure the center pin of the 510 on the base isn't stuck. I had it stick on one of my baby beasts, and it dumped through the afc.

That is an odd situation. My TFV8 with the new T10 coil started leaking through the air holes after using it about 2 weeks. Once the cotton in the coil unit got so saturated and clogged, it would hold juice any longer and it caused it to leak. That is also true with the standard V8 coil. That was always one way I could tell that I was fixing to have to change the coil.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I had a similar issue with a black big baby spilling juice everywhere but my blue big baby doesn't. #qualitycontrol

Geo1062

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far the only fix that I have found, unscrew the coil from the chimney take a Q-tip clean the base at the seal, screw the coil into the base as tight as you can get it with out over tightening and then through the chimney onto the coil so far no more leaks. Just from what I can see when you screw onto the chimney first you're missing about half a thread when you tighten so you're not for me a complete seal at the airflow

hacker7

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It sounds like the fill top gasket. If that seal is not good it will dump through the air port. You should have a spare in the o ring kit.

VU Sponsors