Become a Patron!

Smok X Cube 2 Silicone sleeve

BigKanak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know where I can purchase a silicone sleeve for my Smok X Cube 2, I have had absolutely no luck finding one online...Thanks in advance

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I tried a search and also found nothing. What about a wrap? They're pretty thick vinyl, I've had one on a mod for almost 2 years now.

BigKanak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried a search and also found nothing. What about a wrap? They're pretty thick vinyl, I've had one on a mod for almost 2 years now.
I have thought about a wrap...I didnt know they were thick, i assumed it was like a piece of paper with some glue on it, like wallpaper...I assume any residue left from the wrap when it is taken off would be easily removeable? I will spend the 9 bucks and see what its like...thank you

btw, I found a online store that does custom leather cases, I placed a request for a custom order...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ooooh leather! Nice. I got mine from Jwraps. They have an incredible selection, you can custom order a print and if they don't have the specs for your mod, they'll get the specs. It's more like a REALLY heavy contact "paper", not paper at all. LIke a sticker. Boyfriend removed one from his mod, no residue. I can only imagine that if it did leave any, it'd be super easy to clean up.

I thought I heard about a coupon, so I'm gonna go check for one.

BigKanak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ooooh leather! Nice. I got mine from Jwraps. They have an incredible selection, you can custom order a print and if they don't have the specs for your mod, they'll get the specs. It's more like a REALLY heavy contact "paper", not paper at all. LIke a sticker. Boyfriend removed one from his mod, no residue. I can only imagine that if it did leave any, it'd be super easy to clean up.

I thought I heard about a coupon, so I'm gonna go check for one.
ohhhh boy, custom prints, I have to get me one now...yes leather, I need something that will protect my mod from dings, im extremely clumsy, just got my smok cube and would like to keep it nice and ding free lol...thank for the help, and thanks for getting that coupon for me

i got mine and dropped it within the first 3 hours....now when i use the firing button, i can only use the bottom portion of the button with out the whole thing sticking :(

BigKanak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i got mine and dropped it within the first 3 hours....now when i use the firing button, i can only use the bottom portion of the button with out the whole thing sticking :(

Man that sucks...sorry to hear that

@craziegooke There might be an easy fix for that.. lots of people have mentioned the firing bar sticking on a new mod (search other threads/forums). The fix they use is to tighten the hex screws on the top of the mod or loosen the ones on the bottom.

@BigKanak Any luck with the silicone sleeve ? The ones on the Smok XCube Mini page are awesome, think Smok hasnt gotten them to the market yet.. :/

2015-10-10-13_52_007822.jpg

I've cut up some carbon fiber vinyl and stuck it on mine for now (OCD about scratches :rolleyes:):
ASNAudV.jpg

diZt7hG.jpg

VkgpxbT.jpg

@craziegooke There might be an easy fix for that.. lots of people have mentioned the firing bar sticking on a new mod (search other threads/forums). The fix they use is to tighten the hex screws on the top of the mod or loosen the ones on the bottom.
Thanks. I'll give that a try. I did notice when I look at it from the side, the top piece is slightly bent which is in guessing where it landed when I dropped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@BigKanak Any luck with the silicone sleeve ? The ones on the Smok XCube Mini page are awesome, think Smok hasnt gotten them to the market yet.. :/

I've cut up some carbon fiber vinyl and stuck it on mine for now (OCD about scratches :rolleyes:):
ASNAudV.jpg

diZt7hG.jpg

VkgpxbT.jpg
Come do mine? Vinyl is ready for ya!

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I did notice when I look at it from the side, the top piece is slightly bent which is in guessing where it landed when I dropped it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@craziegooke Ah ok. Have you tried straightening out the bend ? Think that might be the bigger cause for sticking...

Come do mine? Vinyl is ready for ya!

lol @CurlyxCracker , wouldn't mind but prolly live far far away..
It wasn't too hard, I first rolled the whole mod up with an appropriate height of vinyl, then cut out the grooves etc. with a blade. For the bottom, I stuck on a couple of strips of magic tape, traced the outline, took it off and stuck it on the paper backing of the vinyl sheet and cut it up : )
For the top I had a couple of screen protectors for my old Palm Treo 650, so dem got cut up real good.. :cool:

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is allowed since I just created an account, but I was looking at where else to buy these online and came upon this thread.

I just made this website (have been selling vape cases for a while now with thousands of happy customers) to help concentrate on carrying as much inventory as I can and providing better international shipping while being based in Long Beach, California. Everything is here in my home and I pack it up and visit the post office every day.

Check it out, it's boxmodskins.com. I just made it and I don't know how to code so it looks really basic, but would welcome any feedback about the site. It's a work in progress...but it works and is ready to take orders!

If the mods are not cool with this, I apologize and don't mind if this is removed.

Tim

6_1024x1024.jpg
Looks nice. But, personally I'd be after something that covers the fire bar as well. May not be so good with a "sleeve" but I'd want it to match.
EDIT: If I can maybe I'll get get one and vinyl the bar.....
Any coupon codes you'd be willing to give the Vaping Underground X Cube II users ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

ASNAudV.jpg

diZt7hG.jpg

VkgpxbT.jpg
That looks good where did you get the carbon fiber?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure friend, give me a few minutes to set one up!

I did ask the manufacturer about covering the sleeve, but the concern was that it would squeeze the fire bar and fire the mod. With it open like this it won't do that.
Hmm now the hard question! What color! Lol

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok I made a coupon code for boxmodskins.com

I sat here trying to think of something fun, but just made it "vapingunderground" for 15% off the entire order.

Thanks for your support! I am glad to be welcomed into the community.

Tim
Placed an order!
I noticed if you click PayPal before you put in address/card info are you can't apply coupon code or at least I couldn't figure it out. But if you click check out then select PayPal there you can. Thanks for popping in this thread. Pretty excited to get it! I don't think I've ever been excited to get a sleeve lol

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Y'all try the new firmware ?! Version 1.093, ups the wattage to 180, and some bug fixes...
http://www.smoktech.com/hotnews/products/x-cube-two-firmware-upgrade-guide
Sure have! At first I had an issue that the only temp mode was SS but fixed it in the app. Had to use app to set for ni and temp and ti and temp and all 3 were available. Also the SS default coefficient (0.00105) is perfect for SS316l now. Opposed to 0.00175. And actually getting 180w on a 0.15ohm build! Lovely update. I'm kind of happy I didn't spend triple the price for a DNA200. Although that's the only mod on the market that beats the Cube. <$55very well spent!

hilliard4512

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know a guy that does custom sleeves for any mod and they are nice. I have his card somewhere I need to find it for those who may like them. It's some sort of polymer plastic and it's thick but not too. He will make openings where you want. A clip to it or a removable one. I saw his camo one on a tesla two and it's sweet. Not a camo man but it was nice and it's hard. Fit perfect. His display at the shop was a pegasus in carbon fiber. Nice.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/08/a03e30118b152d7a10a3799171db195c.jpg

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a silicone sleeve from boxmodskins.com, fits like a glove although it's perfect, I think I'd rather have vinyl though

BigDanny1983

Member For 4 Years
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is allowed since I just created an account, but I was looking at where else to buy these online and came upon this thread.

I just made this website (have been selling vape cases for a while now with thousands of happy customers) to help concentrate on carrying as much inventory as I can and providing better international shipping while being based in Long Beach, California. Everything is here in my home and I pack it up and visit the post office every day.

Check it out, it's boxmodskins.com. I just made it and I don't know how to code so it looks really basic, but would welcome any feedback about the site. It's a work in progress...but it works and is ready to take orders!

If the mods are not cool with this, I apologize and don't mind if this is removed.

Tim

EDIT: Hey guys, I am experimenting with my site and I am trying to figure out how to really drop the cost for shipping internationally. I am now offering $1 shipping internationally, but it will be without a tracking number. I've tested this out with some friends around the world to make sure it arrives successfully, and so far it is. Let's do this!

6_1024x1024.jpg
I bought one of your covers through Amazon and I absolutely love it
3c58378febb60c68e8bae806845e7c89.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking at either putting on a vinyl skin or the silicone sleeve. I had the silicone on my m80 and loved it. I need something for some better grip and protection.

My question, are the vinyl skins slippery? I would rather get a skin but if they are slick... silicone sleeve it is!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm looking at either putting on a vinyl skin or the silicone sleeve. I had the silicone on my m80 and loved it. I need something for some better grip and protection.

My question, are the vinyl skins slippery? I would rather get a skin but if they are slick... silicone sleeve it is!

You will get more "grip" with the silicone sleeve then you will with a wrap. You can get a textured wrap that might add a little bit of grip but the regular non textured are usually smooth.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is what I figured. Bummer. I have the silicone sleeve on my m80 and loved it. Just wish it had some design to it.

Thanks for the info!

TogaJon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For those in the UK I picked up one from protectmymod.com for only £4.50 with free delivery. Got a discount code sent to me with the case. Use Ebay15 for 15% off everything supposedly.

dustinzinnj

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought one of your covers through Amazon and I absolutely love it
3c58378febb60c68e8bae806845e7c89.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Love mine, seems to work very well. Only wish it said 180W instead of 160W.

Attachments

• 20151124_0401231.jpg
    20151124_0401231.jpg
    926.7 KB · Views: 12

VU Sponsors