Become a Patron!

Smok-tfv4?

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is the Smok TFV4 a battery killer? I will be using it for mouth to lung vaping. I will be using the Smok tf-t2-dual-core 1.5 ohm standard coils.

Thank you!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Is the Smok TFV4 a battery killer? I will be using it for mouth to lung vaping. I will be using the Smok tf-t2-dual-core 1.5 ohm standard coils.

Thank you!
@1.5 ohm it shouldn't be. It's the low ohms/high wattage that causes the battery to drain faster. @1.5ohm I don't imagine you'll be running it any higher than 20watts.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do you think it will get hot fast? I know I got the crown tank and had to sell it because I hated the heat of it.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you purchased the tank yet? If not I probably would advise against it for a MTL vaper. I haven't tried those coilheads but I know most of the other ones are very airy, and maybe your preference is different than mine, but I want some resistance when I'm MTL vaping. Now, for the rebuildable coilheads there is a plug that came in the TFV4 Mini full kit, not sure if you can buy seperatly but with that I was able to fashion a nice setup. Smok is coming out with a TFV4 Micro that seems to be aimed at the MTL style vaper.

Anyways just thought that was worth saying. But no at low wattages your battery life won't take a dump. The reason the TFV4 is known to drain batteries and juice stashes is because people are running at 100w+. The tank doesn't automatically drain these things, it just gives you the ability to do so.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh okay, thank you @JERUS. I'm using the subtank mini on first small hole now. I love my Nautilus and was thinking about the Atlantis, but I wasn't for sure.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seen a lot of people say they enjoy the GS tank for MTL: http://www.vapordna.com/Eleaf-GS-Air-TC-Sub-Ohm-Tank-p/gsaitc.htm

Goblin Mini is also a popular one for those that like to build their own coils (or at least are willing to).

Airflow is huge IMO for a solid MTL vape, gotta have some resistance. Atlantis is kind of the start of the whole DL focused subtank boom, it's another with a ton of airflow, I have the original which is less than the v2 they have now and even there I can't imagine wanting to MTL vape with it.

But of course maybe my preference there is off from what others and yourself like, but I just feel like I should get a resistance that feels like I'm sucking in a milkshake or at least something.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The Subtanks are nice... I don't MTL on them since they were designed for sub ohm. I liked my nautis too before I went subohm. Now my favs are the Triton, Subtanks, and iSub. Also, if you plan to stay MTL.. the Aspire BDC tank is really nice.

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've wanted to try one of these with the 0.15 ohm quad coils...I know they tear through juice, but how fast do they tear through two 18650s?

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
I don't know what you mean about the coils being "airy"? There are a reflow adjustments top and bottom, just close them up. I also like a little resistance in my vape. I keep top one closed and the lower just a hair. To the op, heat won't be an issue, just buy quality batteries, not junk off ebay. Your battery life should last 24 to 48 depending on how heavy you hit it.
NCH

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Clapton RBA for the TFV4 has an included airflow restrictor, for mouth to lung. That would be the only way I would suggest using the TFV4 if MTL is your thing. I love mine, but it is a beast. With a MTL build in the Clapton RBA, it transforms into a very respectable MTL rig I'm told.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've wanted to try one of these with the 0.15 ohm quad coils...I know they tear through juice, but how fast do they tear through two 18650s?
~2 tanks IIRC, been a while since I used the quad coil, but the wattage you use will also change this answer, I stuck around 125w.

I don't know what you mean about the coils being "airy"? There are a reflow adjustments top and bottom, just close them up. I also like a little resistance in my vape. I keep top one closed and the lower just a hair. To the op, heat won't be an issue, just buy quality batteries, not junk off ebay. Your battery life should last 24 to 48 depending on how heavy you hit it.
NCH
Trust me when I say I tried everything in an attempt to get the right MTL feel on my TFV4, I was never satisfied until I put the plug in with a custom build. As I said before maybe I simply want more than most on the resistance. The premade coils all have pretty open airflow so you're relying completely on the external airflow adjustment and it just doesn't work that well IMO.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is one tank I would steer clear of for MTL. I DL, and got way more airflow than I bargained for.

Mine sits in the original box, waiting for someone else.

VU Sponsors