Become a Patron!

smok skyhook rdta vs ijoy 5 rdt5

Theo457

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any comments?
They're very closely matched in terms of design and features with a few variation here and there.
Maybe someone who has or tried both can shed more light.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Skyhook and ijoy limited classic. I still want the rdta5. It's a much nicer looking rdta to either of the other two, but I got the classic because it's orange. I think they all perform very similarly

The skyhook is very well built but the refill hole is share by the wick. The cotton can prevent filling if it blocks too much of the hole. I have gotten pissed a few times when that happens. Otherwise I love the Skyhook.

The classic has the IMC deck system. This is the same interchangeable system as the ijoy combo and rdta box. I am still trying to get the best build on this. The design and quality are top notch and the fill hole is separated from the wicking. The classic and skyhook are like cousins because of their similarities.

But, I think the rdta 5 is a beautiful rdta and it has an interchangeable deck system as well. I am not sure what decks it uses. You also have to remove a screw to get to the build deck every time you rebuild. Not a deal breaker for me, but thought I would mention it. I will definitely be buying one of these.

Theo457

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thank you for your input. @fraleywp, I think Ive made up my mind and going to get the ijoy rdta 5 :bliss:

On the ijoy website they say interchangeable deck, is that compatible with the combo or classic decks, wanted to get the rda attachment.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The rdta 5 has the center fill hole. The IMC decks are not compatible. I don't believe ijoy has announced any decks for it yet.

The biggest benefit of the combo and limitless classic is the deck system. You can even get deck coil packs that are prebuilt. This may appeal to some people but I would rather just build the coils and wick them.

VU Sponsors