Become a Patron!

Smok rigel kit puff count reset after 999 puffs, but there are 4 zeroes.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Check this out. Not sure I could locate a way to fix firmware. Hopefully, Smok Tech will supply help. Don't be surprised though if they don't. We here at VU have seen a lot of complaints that they're not being helpful in the last few years.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's this, ...

How to Deal with the Reminder of "Max Puff" or "Puffs Over"​

The Function of the “Puff” Menu:​

This menu is designed to manage the vaping plan, it can help SMOK users to calculate the vaping puffs, setting personal plans.
When the vape reminds for "max puff" or "puffs over", it means the vaping puffs have reached the Maximum.

Suggestions & solutions:​

1. If you want to manage your vaping, you can follow the steps below:​

• You can reset the "puff setting" into a higher value.
For example, your puff setting was 300P, when it reaches 300P and reminds “max puff” or “puff over”, please reset the puff setting above 300P;

• You can set the "puff clear" or "puffs reset":
Click "No"= Quit resetting the puff, you will not be able to vape;
Click "Yes"= Puff data will be set to 0.you can continue to vape from 0P until it reaches the maximum that is set;

2. If you don't have a vaping plan, please set the "puff setting" into the "Never" mode.​

Note:​

1. "puff clear" &"puffs reset" = reset the vaping puff data which has been generated to 0
2. "max puff" & "puffs over" = vaping puffs have reached the Maximum
The alert varies from different battery mod but shows the same thing.

Not sure how much help that is/will be.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I found this review maybe this will help?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
If you press both far and left the ability to select yes and indeed reset the puff counter. Is the mod still working? Just not keeping track of puffs? If not keeping track of puffs, no big deal really, not needed, but if the mod is not working , it is a big deal and doesn't look like it can be fixed.
There are no firmware upgrade for this mod that I can find.
Sorry they are Smok and their customer service record is poor, they probably have sold millions of mods.
You may have to buy another mod if you cannot get it to work correctly. If it is a newer mod maybe you can take it back where you bought it from- sorry I can't be of more help.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I know i can reset, but it cant count more than 999 puff
That must be the max that mod can puff count to, it will only go to 999 puffs- no big deal really as long as the mod is working; Heck many of my mods do not have a puff counter- why bother, or I do not pay attention to that feature if my mod has it.
As long as the mod is working and you can vape it- some mods will stop working until reset. Write down a paper every time you reach 999 if you need to know how many puffs your mod will do over it's lifetime.

That must be the max that mod can puff count to, it will only go to 999 puffs- no big deal really as long as the mod is working; Heck many of my mods do not have a puff counter- why bother, or I do not pay attention to that feature if my mod has it.
As long as the mod is working and you can vape it- some mods will stop working until reset. Write down a paper every time you reach 999 if you need to know how many puffs your mod will do over it's lifetime.
But why there 4 digits, if it only count to 999

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Because the 4th 0 is 1000- which it skips, doesn't show, when it reaches 999 and the resets and goes to 0000
The 1000 is the max puff counter your mod keeps track of- just that you don't see the 1000 and it resets back to 0000
No big deal really- I hope that helps you.

VU Sponsors