Become a Patron!

Smok Osub 40w : keeps asking "is coil new" ugh

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Kanger tech tank on top of the mod, and I've adjusted the ohms down to .500 and I am running it extremely low, at 26.0 W and now it continually keeps asking me if the "coil is new" every time it's dormant for more than a couple minutes, and I pick it up to Vape. Ugh...

Anyone have this issue?
Anyone know how to fix this issue?
It's driving me insane. Thanks guys…

Rez

* I have initially told the mod yes it was new so I could set the resistance, then I have edited the ohms from .590 down to 500… Just FYI

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have a Kanger tech tank on top of the mod, and I've adjusted the ohms down to .500 and I am running it extremely low, at 26.0 W and now it continually keeps asking me if the "coil is new" every time it's dormant for more than a couple minutes, and I pick it up to Vape. Ugh...

Anyone have this issue?
Anyone know how to fix this issue?
It's driving me insane. Thanks guys…

Rez
why are you adjusting the ohms? i wouldn't adjust the ohms. just let the device read it. that may be causing your problem

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was adjusting it so maybe less would make the coil last longer, maybe? I've been vaping just a couple months and I am new to this.

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i'm going to choose yes the next time it asks, and just leave it on the resistance that it chooses.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I was adjusting it so maybe less would make the coil last longer, maybe? I've been vaping just a couple months and I am new to this.
the resistance of the coil is what it is. no need to adjust it. I wish mods didn't even have that option to be honest. Changing the resistance won't make them last longer. less watts and less usage does lol thats about it
i'm going to choose yes the next time it asks, and just leave it on the resistance that it chooses.
thats the way to go ;)

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the resistance of the coil is what it is. no need to adjust it. I wish mods didn't even have that option to be honest. Changing the resistance won't make them last longer. less watts and less usage does lol thats about it

thats the way to go ;)
Ahhh, thank you, sir!!

Magically LOL, since letting the mod choose the resistance that it wishes, I have not seen the troubling message again… How about that LOL.

Thank you for your assistance!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ahhh, thank you, sir!!

Magically LOL, since letting the mod choose the resistance that it wishes, I have not seen the troubling message again… How about that LOL.

Thank you for your assistance!
No problem!

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope! your in a good section. no need to apologize. even if it was a wrong section, this is a pretty cool forum. we care more about getting people help then being anal about stuff.

Perfect!! I do appreciate the help, sometimes on forums people can be really anal about things and like to give the new people crap. It's 1 February, and I've been tobacco free for one month now! The congestion that I had from smoking, has dissipated!

I've gone from a little starter subvod pen, to this 40w Smok mod w Kanger tank, and now the Mrs. and I are going to order the 80w Smok kit w Crown 4ml & 5ml tanks, FYI.

I've been looking around the web, found a couple places, but could you possibly suggest a good site that has low prices out there where I could purchase these?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Perfect!! I do appreciate the help, sometimes on forums people can be really anal about things and like to give the new people crap. It's 1 February, and I've been tobacco free for one month now! The congestion that I had from smoking, has dissipated!

I've gone from a little starter subvod pen, to this 40w Smok mod w Kanger tank, and now the Mrs. and I are going to order the 80w Smok kit w Crown 4ml & 5ml tanks, FYI.

I've been looking around the web, found a couple places, but could you possibly suggest a good site that has low prices out there where I could purchase these?
Congrats on quitting! you definitely start to feel better once you get off tobacco. at least I did. I'm glad to hear you did to.
Luckily this is a pretty cool site but i know what you mean. a lot of forums have people that would rather talk down to new people instead of help. Luckily this one isn't like that.

If you want to price check an item use vapecrawler.com it's like google for vape gear. shows you a list of sites with their price and you can sort by US sites only and price and such,

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congrats on quitting! you definitely start to feel better once you get off tobacco. at least I did. I'm glad to hear you did to.
Luckily this is a pretty cool site but i know what you mean. a lot of forums have people that would rather talk down to new people instead of help. Luckily this one isn't like that.

If you want to price check an item use vapecrawler.com it's like google for vape gear. shows you a list of sites with their price and you can sort by US sites only and price and such,

That is awesome! Thank you for the encouragement, and thank you doubly for the heads up on that site! We are going to check it out.

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SirRichard, let me ask you one last question, so much easier to ask an expert then to surf the web with misinformation running rampant.
With the new set up I'm going to have, what type of coil is best? Stainless steel, ceramic, or titanium (I think it was, maybe nickel instead lol… I could be wrong)

Just wanted to know the pros and cons of each because currently I use stainless steel, and they don't Last much over a week or so. Tyia

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
SirRichard, let me ask you one last question, so much easier to ask an expert then to surf the web with misinformation running rampant.
With the new set up I'm going to have, what type of coil is best? Stainless steel, ceramic, or titanium (I think it was, maybe nickel instead lol… I could be wrong)

Just wanted to know the pros and cons of each because currently I use stainless steel, and they don't Last much over a week or so. Tyia
are you going to be making coils or buying premade coils. also what tank are you planning on getting?
in general ceramic is for a cooler vape and is a low watt set up
SS can be used in temp control or power mode, taste very clean (as in no taste) and lost long. It's my preferred wire personally. can be used for low watt or high watt applications
Ti and Ni wire is crap. don't bother with it. it's for temp mode only and can be dangerous if ran too high of temps
Of course there is also kenthal which is tried and true for watt mode. I still sue kenthal occasionally

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
are you going to be making coils or buying premade coils. also what tank are you planning on getting?
in general ceramic is for a cooler vape and is a low watt set up
SS can be used in temp control or power mode, taste very clean (as in no taste) and lost long. It's my preferred wire personally. can be used for low watt or high watt applications
Ti and Ni wire is crap. don't bother with it. it's for temp mode only and can be dangerous if ran too high of temps
Of course there is also kenthal which is tried and true for watt mode. I still sue kenthal occasionally

Premade.

Buying the Smok Osub 80w mod. W/ Uwell Crown Subtank.
I Vape way too much to be a dripper LOL the concept seems very controlled and nice, but I'm constantly doing things and prefer the tank because it holds all the liquid I need. What would your recommendation be for that?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Premade.

Buying the Smok Osub 80w mod. W/ Uwell Crown Subtank.
I Vape way too much to be a dripper LOL the concept seems very controlled and nice, but I'm constantly doing things and prefer the tank because it holds all the liquid I need. What would your recommendation be for that?
any reason for the crown? their tanks are a little hit and miss. i mean not the tank itself but their coils.
if you are looking for a good tank to use under 80 watts I'd suggest a smok tank. either the baby beast, big baby beast, or the spirals. I don't have a spirals but the big baby and baby both run great at 60 watts

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They were recommended by a friend of a friend… The thing I was shallowly concerned with was I hated the look of the Fat Smok tanks. And the mouthpieces are black… I like the look of the all chrome and i was searching for something like that, that was also a big reason and choosing that one.

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do they have any all chrome tanks available? Have no idea if he would know that right off hand or not. Also, are those black mouthpiece is interchangeable by chance?? If I can put a chrome one on it wouldn't be so bad aesthetically.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
They were recommended by a friend of a friend… The thing I was shallowly concerned with was I hated the look of the Fat Smok tanks. And the mouthpieces are black… I like the look of the all chrome and i was searching for something like that, that was also a big reason and choosing that one.
it's up to you really. drip tips are replaceable. they have several size tanks and several colors too. But if you can't get past it go with the crown. Just don't expect too much form the pre made coils. they don't last long and lots of them are duds that just don't work out of the box.
another suggestion i could make is a freemax starre pure.
081359474326.jpg

they use ceramic coils good for under 70 watts and good coil life. and the coils are cheap. regularly 10 bucks for a 5 pack on fastech

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Do they have any all chrome tanks available? Have no idea if he would know that right off hand or not. Also, are those black mouthpiece is interchangeable by chance?? If I can put a chrome one on it wouldn't be so bad aesthetically.
they make a stainless steel one (i don't think any tanks are chrome they are all stainless steel including the crown)
the drip tips are replaceable. the big baby beast comes with a 510 adapter so you can use any 510 drip tip for it. also you can buy replacement tips as well that fit it as is

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
they make a stainless steel one (i don't think any tanks are chrome they are all stainless steel including the crown)
the drip tips are replaceable. the big baby beast comes with a 510 adapter so you can use any 510 drip tip for it. also you can buy replacement tips as well that fit it as is

I meant stainless lol I just absent mindedly said chrome.

That Freeman looks like an awesome tank! I'm going to have to check that one out. Thank you so much!

led

Member For 4 Years
i have a crown II, had one bad batch of coils. got in touch with uwell they replaced quickly and as for the life of them mine last weeks. i run it on a joytech 70w mod, i had a few issue with it at the start but once you work it out its by far the best tank ive tryed, i also have a freemax, i dont like it anywhere as much. but i really recommend the crown II.

VU Sponsors