Become a Patron!

Smok Nord Review – The True All-In-One Device

smok_nord_15w_ultra_portable_pod_kit_.jpg

Quick Brief

The Nord is the newest pod-style system released by Smok and what I would call the big brother of the Novo. I bought this kit along side the Caliburn as I heard good things about both and was looking for “the perfect device” to use every day.

Quick Technical

- Pod style system (2ml refillable pods – EU Edition / 3ml outside EU)

- DTL or MTL Vaping

- A choice of 0.6 Ohm or 1.4 Ohm Coils

- 1100mAh Battery

Quick Review

I’ve always been a huge fan of Smok as I’ve used their TFV tanks for years and never really had any trouble with them. When I saw that they had come out with an 1100 mAh pod system, I had to try it.

I opted for the black on black Nord and I must say, it’s aesthetically pleasing and has a really nice weight to it. It’s not overly heavy or big to fit in to a pocket and has quite a stealthy look about it.

I really like the fact that the Nord caters to both MTL or DTL vaping depending on which coil you use.

To start with the DTL vaping, this kit is great. I used it for the entire weekend on the 0.6 Ohm coil and it provides an extremely satisfying vape that isn’t too airy or restricted. I would liken the draw off this to the TFV8 and it’s quite impressive just how much flavor you get off a device that can be hidden in the palm of your hand.

Moving onto the MTL vape, I used the 1.4 Ohm coil for this. It took about two tanks of Diamond Mist (Vanilla Custard) for the flavor to shine through. I found the draw to be quite airy and unrestricted as I personally prefer a tight MTL vape.

The device itself is quite small as I said above and the mouth piece is just brilliant. I saw some other reviews on how it’s too large and while I agree it is big compared to other devices, it seems to sit perfectly between your lips (and I have quite a small mouth). I like the push fire button but I do wish it had automatic draw as well as this seems to be the ‘norm’ now for pod-systems.

The only real negative I have about this system is the leaking of the pod. I’m not quite sure why this was happening but on a few occasions I removed the pod to refill it and there was a pool of juice at the base where the connectors are. As far as a design quirk goes, it can be a bit difficult to get the pod out of the base sometimes as it’s not magnetized like other devices and requires a strong pull which can be difficult given the sleek smooth design.

Quick Pros

- Sleek Stealthy Design

- Changeable coils and refillable pods

- Great life from the 1100 mAh battery

- Very strong and satisfying DTL vape

- Unique large mouth piece (may not be a positive for everyone though)

Quick Cons

- Pod can be difficult to remove from base

- MTL is a bit too unrestricted for my liking

- Occasionally leaks where the connectors and pod meet

- Charging cable that comes with the device is ridiculously short (2 inches?)

Quick Conclusion

Personally I really liked the design of the Nord and the feel of the DTL vape. If I was looking to replace a full sized tank + mod system for something that was smaller, the Nord would definitely be the device I would use. However, as far as MTL vapes go, I personally wasn’t a huge fan of the unrestricted draw although this is completely subjective.

I would recommend this device as a suitable replacement for anyone looking to DTL vape on a daily basis without having to carry around a large tank or mod. For MTL vapers, if you found something like the Aspire Spryte or Caliburn to be too restricted, then this is a good alternative using the 1.4 Ohm coil.

As the title suggests, I think this is a great.. near perfect example of an AIO system because it allows for refillable pods and changeable coils but most importantly, it caters to both MTL or DTL vaping.

Quick Score

8/10 (Very good all-arounder)

Quick Disclaimer

I bought this device with my own money, it was not provided as a sample and as such I am completely unbiased. I hope that my quick and no nonsense approach will be welcomed in the community and I look forward to any criticisms & feedback on my review.

Want a device/kit to be reviewed? Send me a PM and I’ll do my best to get it for the purposes of a review!

PitVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using these since they came out.
Haven't used the DTL coil yet as I prefer MTL and yes it is a bit airy but I got used to it because it has more PRO's than CON's for me.
Plus I have had good luck with SMOK products for many years.

VU Sponsors