Become a Patron!

Smok Cube 2 locking resistance

I've just gotten this beautiful mod yesterday in an attempt to finally try TC with nickel, after further research I've read the ohms have to be locked for an accurate temperature read, I don't know how to lock it :(

Every time I vape the ohm readings go from .07 to .20

Is it supposed to change on this mod?
When asked "Is New Coil" I put yes and that's it, are there supposed to be other options after?
Am I going to die if I keep using this?
Bananas.

Using:
TFV 4 RBA single coil Ni200 26 ga 5 wraps
XCube 2

Thanks in advance!

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have this mod and there's no "lock". The lock is when you say "YES" to a new coil. That why when you're adjusting the coil, if the Ohms change, it'll ask you again if the coil is new, because it's reading a new resistance different from the last "locked" resistance.

With TC mods, the sitting resistance will read .07 for your build, but the ohms will rise as the Temp rises, and regulate itself to maintain that Temp. This is why TC builds are harder to work with, because Ni/Ti/SS have such low resistances and can change resistance under load. Other more experienced TC builders can chime in and explain far better than I can.

When building for TC, you have to let the coils sit and adjust to room temp before setting the resistance/locking the ohms, or else it will read the TCR incorrectly and apply disproportionate power to the coil. Letting the coil rest to room temp is vital for TC builds to function correctly.

Assuming you have let the coil rest, and the ohms are reading at room temp, you should be fine. The ohm's will change as you apply power to the coil, but will return to its resting state when you release the fire bar.

I have this mod and there's no "lock". The lock is when you say "YES" to a new coil. That why when you're adjusting the coil, if the Ohms change, it'll ask you again if the coil is new, because it's reading a new resistance different from the last "locked" resistance.

With TC mods, the sitting resistance will read .07 for your build, but the ohms will rise as the Temp rises, and regulate itself to maintain that Temp. This is why TC builds are harder to work with, because Ni/Ti/SS have such low resistances and can change resistance under load. Other more experienced TC builders can chime in and explain far better than I can.

When building for TC, you have to let the coils sit and adjust to room temp before setting the resistance/locking the ohms, or else it will read the TCR incorrectly and apply disproportionate power to the coil. Letting the coil rest to room temp is vital for TC builds to function correctly.

Assuming you have let the coil rest, and the ohms are reading at room temp, you should be fine. The ohm's will change as you apply power to the coil, but will return to its resting state when you release the fire bar.
well let me ask u this im using the targret mini and it has a lock for the resistence u have to hold two buttons but any ways my question is do u need to make it ask u if its a new coil every time u wanna vape like lets say I lock it in the morning, then I vape, I go to class an hour an half goes by or 3 hours go by then i go outside to vape do i have to make my mod ask me if its a new coil and unlock the resistence and then lock the resitence again all over again or do i just turn my vape back on and vape away?

VU Sponsors