Become a Patron!

Smok alien ohms

So there isn't really any problem with my alien I am just confused with it, I used to have a fuchai 200w and every time you would fire it the ohms would change if they had to of course and not by much. But with my alien. The ohms will always stay at let's say .255ohms untill I unscrew my rda and put it back on and not Fire it. Why is this am I doing something wrong or is this some feature the fuchai has the the alien doesn't? If this isn't a issue just let me know ha it's just been driving me crazy

And also even tho the display doesn't update the right ohms will the mod still know the ohms but like it just doesn't change it on the led screen and sorry if This sounds like a dumb question

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your not doing anything wrong the alien locks in your ohms when you put on a tank. It's for temp control ohms change as a coil heats.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope, but why would you want to?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Cause if my coils were at let's say .255 on my rda when I put it on then it changed over time the ohms wouldn't change on the vape yet the coils would have still shifted in some way to change there ohms like does isn't that dangerous

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cause if my coils were at let's say .255 on my rda when I put it on then it changed over time the ohms wouldn't change on the vape yet the coils would have still shifted in some way to change there ohms like does isn't that dangerous
you can always power the screen on and unscrew the tank a bit until it reads zero ohms and screw it back in. itll detect the change and ask if its new

you can always power the screen on and unscrew the tank a bit until it reads zero ohms and screw it back in. itll detect the change and ask if its new
Yea I know that I just hate having to do that every time I want to check to see if my ohms are accurate like I was just seeing if there was a way to unlock the ohms

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There's nothing wrong with it. It's just different from what you're used to. It would freak me out a little if my ohm reading started changing every time I fired the mod, because I've never had one that did that. Besides, if the resistance is changing by more than a couple hundredths of an ohm, there is probably something wrong with the coil. Unless it's a TC wire, which will rise in resistance as it is heated. There are opposing opinions on whether or not to lock resistance in TC mode, too. So locking or not is up to you. The Alien is, evidently, designed to work by locking in the resistance. So not wrong, just different.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't worry, it just sounds as if the Fuchai has an active resistance display. My Alien, and everyone elses, is exactly the same, in that it lock the resistance when you put the tank on.

The mod is still reading the resistance of the coil each time you fire, if it didn't in TC mode TC would not work. It just is not displaying it as it changes like some mods do.

Ok like I get it now but like what is the Benefit of locking the ohms of my rda if I don't even run it in tc like I don't really give a damn I am just curious as to what the difference having locked or unlocked ohms would do

VU Sponsors