Become a Patron!

Silverplay rta

Vaping Bully

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone used one yet and if so what setup are you using. Coil size ,ohm ect.

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cant remeber what guage, but 10 0r 11 wraps on a 2/ something mm drill bit...im running dual coil- at 0.7 ohm... lovin it!!!!

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2qxu7ax.jpg

I've had this for a few days now, initially ran it at .05ohms (dual 26g coils) with its original configuration, great vapor and flavor. As I mentioned in another post, between this and an Orchid, hands down I think this is a far better product if a lung hitting, clouds and flavor chasing is what you want from your RBA. The $40 price tag for this authentic piece sure makes it easier too ;)

Personally, its too airy for me, I think the best way I can describe the draw is similar to a Tobh V2.5, but I think with better flavor. With that said, if you like using a Tobh, then this is definitely not going to disappoint you.

Currently, I am using it with my Kayfun drop kit, which means the only Silverplay component I am really only using is the build deck, AFC and outer barrel. The tank, chimney and top cap is Kayfun. With this setup, I dropped the resistance to .08ohm using the same build but with 28g wire. I get a slightly better draw (a little more resistance) and better flavor since I can close off the AFC a bit more and not get too hot of a vape, but as good as I think this tank is, its just not my style of vaping anymore. I prefer mouth to lung vaping now, so a Kayfun is far better suited for me.

15rxro1.jpg

As for wicking, dry hits, etc... the tank works great. I think its noticeably much more forgiving than the Orchid, Fogger, and Aqua V1 V2. My only complaint is the deck screws, I would have preferred Allen screws (the Philips screws are a bit janky, they work fine, but if you compare it to the Kayfun screws, you can tell they are not the same quality)

Hope that helps!

NTexas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have one I am using 28g twisted at 2.4mm (The biggest I could go with twisted wire). For those who switch to kayfun parts you can use the silverplay chimney top if you ad an o-ring to the top of it. The performance of this thing is amazing. Tons of vapor and flavor with a wide open airflow. airflow is on par with rda's for sure. You will however fly through juice in it. Not really and adv for me but nice to run a tank through every now and then.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody have issues getting the chimney separated into its two separate pieces? that thing seems to want to hold on for dear life and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it off.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how are you getting that piece off? I was just planning to take a set of pliers to it and try to wrench it off; just afraid I may damage it in the process.

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I normally wrap the top piece in paper towel and use small non toothed pliers. Carefully. I also leave it all attached to the build deck, gives you better leverage.
when I put my tanks together I try to tighten the bottom half of the chimney to the deck, and the top half to the cap, in theory if you get those tighter it should be easier to loosen the 2 chimney pieces.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been a kayfun guy for a long time, and probably own every accessory out there made for them.

After a couple bad experiences with orchid clones, I decided to give the Silverplay a chance because I love Sub Ohm Projects' approach, high quality, reasonable cost, and making parts as interchangeable as possible.

I've got to say, I love the Silverplay! It's hitting as good as my v4 kayfun, possibly better. So after seeing y'all's variations, I decided to see what I had laying around....

I don't know if it's ridiculous or ridiculously awesome, but it holds about 10 mils and hits like a champ... And finally found a use for my old kayfun chimney extender...

5fa58e46121c26f71055fc3bffe9807a.jpg

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been a kayfun guy for a long time, and probably own every accessory out there made for them.

After a couple bad experiences with orchid clones, I decided to give the Silverplay a chance because I love Sub Ohm Projects' approach, high quality, reasonable cost, and making parts as interchangeable as possible.

I've got to say, I love the Silverplay! It's hitting as good as my v4 kayfun, possibly better. So after seeing y'all's variations, I decided to see what I had laying around....

I don't know if it's ridiculous or ridiculously awesome, but it holds about 10 mils and hits like a champ... And finally found a use for my old kayfun chimney extender...

Holy shite man thats insane! Looks good though.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Looks good and heavy and scary all at the same time:)

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks good and heavy and scary all at the same time:)
Speaking of heavy, it's surprisingly well balanced sitting on the lifestyle mod. The center ring and top cap are my old wolvesix kf kit, think that was my first custom cap awhile back... Think it might look better on my semovar....

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
how are you getting that piece off? I was just planning to take a set of pliers to it and try to wrench it off; just afraid I may damage it in the process.
Sometimes, it helps to heat it up. Just don't burn yourself!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my Silverplay, due to the excellent airflow. However, the annoying thing about it is the sound, it makes when you draw. Not that it whistles though. I'm waiting on my Youde UD Goblin RBA now.

XVapeX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can anyone post proper wicking tutorial I have tried wicking (not kidding here) 14 different times and continually getting dry hits anytime I go past a 3 sec pull. And I am cutting the wick to be just in those little inlets right under the build deck. Am I doing something wrong?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You want the ends of the wick to just touch the deck. With the recess on the silverplay, unlike the orchid I would think it could sit just into it... but not to the point that it is down into the juice channel and plugging it up.

If that's how you are doing it, try arrange the wicks once the chimney is screwed on but the pipe is still off. Use a pin to pull the wicks back away from the walls of the chimney so the juice holes are totally open.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Can anyone post proper wicking tutorial I have tried wicking (not kidding here) 14 different times and continually getting dry hits anytime I go past a 3 sec pull. And I am cutting the wick to be just in those little inlets right under the build deck. Am I doing something wrong?
I had the same problem. The following video has a built, that worked for me. No more dry hits even on long draws (5-6 sec). With a Dual coil 24g 8/7 Wraps 2.4mm ID => 0.3 Ohm @ 29W.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you stuffed the juice channels, usually people have experienced that stuffing impedes the flow in the orchid. Pretty much the same design as the orchid but if it works, it works I guess. Can't hurt to try.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, it's with a 80VG/20PG DIY juice (no water).

Not really stuffed in, but it does sit in that notch.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am interested in this one. How is the taste compared to the Aqua 2, and Lemo/Lemo Drop? The Aqua 2 wicking is tricky if you ask me. Otherwise I really like it. How does the Silverplay compare to them, in your opinion? Taste wise, ease of build, WICKING?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I am interested in this one. How is the taste compared to the Aqua 2, and Lemo/Lemo Drop? The Aqua 2 wicking is tricky if you ask me. Otherwise I really like it. How does the Silverplay compare to them, in your opinion? Taste wise, ease of build, WICKING?
I also have both, the Lemo and the Lemo Drop. The airflow on the Silverplay is more like the airflow of a RDA. The flavor depends on your liquid, build, airflow, and wattage. I have had the same juice in the Lemo and the Silverplay, with pretty much the same flavor. Lemo 0.7 Ohm coil @ 18W and airflow open all the way. Silverplay 0.3 Ohm dual coil @ 38W and the 2 medium air holes open. The airflow on the Silverplay was still a lot more than on the Lemo opened all the way.
BTW, should have my Youde UD Goblin RBA soon. Will see, how it performs.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Neunerball. The Goblin was another that has caught my attention lately. The Silverplay sounds like it would be right up my alley. I went to see how much they were now. They are sold out of course. o_O I can't afford one right now anyway. I have bought a lot of juice lately. But I have a wish list, and will get them as money gets freed up. I can only vape at 20 watts max. (I have an SVD2 now, and it is new to me) I started vaping the end of October. But I need flavor changes, or I can't taste the juice. I plan to have a few rta, rda on hand. I am big time into FLAVOR.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you Neunerball. The Goblin was another that has caught my attention lately. The Silverplay sounds like it would be right up my alley. I went to see how much they were now. They are sold out of course. o_O I can't afford one right now anyway. I have bought a lot of juice lately. But I have a wish list, and will get them as money gets freed up. I can only vape at 20 watts max. (I have an SVD2 now, and it is new to me) I started vaping the end of October. But I need flavor changes, or I can't taste the juice. I plan to have a few rta, rda on hand. I am big time into FLAVOR.
I just checked my notes on the Silverplay. I actually was at 29W (I even mentioned it in my earlier post here :)). You could build a little higher Ohm coil, like 0.5 with a 26 gauge, instead of my 24 gauge, and you could be able to use it on your device.
I got lucky ordering my Silverplay, had to wait on ordering the Goblin, 'cause the places I looked at were out of stock. Looks like everyone wants them both.
UPDATE: Just received my vape mail. G-Plat wire, the Goblin, and TATAAHH my Sigelei 150W.

Last edited:

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am thinking .7 ohms would probably be close to my bottom limit. I think .9 would be perfect. I only have 28 and 30 gauge wire right now. Next time I order wire, I will get 26 gauge. (maybe a 24 gauge too) I think the lowest I've vaped at is 1.1 ohms.... The Silverplay is definitely high up on my wish list.
So you did get the Goblin? Sweet.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I am thinking .7 ohms would probably be close to my bottom limit. I think .9 would be perfect. I only have 28 and 30 gauge wire right now. Next time I order wire, I will get 26 gauge. (maybe a 24 gauge too) I think the lowest I've vaped at is 1.1 ohms.... The Silverplay is definitely high up on my wish list.
So you did get the Goblin? Sweet.
For a 24 gauge, you would need a different device with more power. You'll need this power, in order to heat up the coils quicker. I just checked out my new Sigelei 150W with a Mutation X V3. Dual coil 24g 8/7 wraps 3mm ID => 0.3 Ohm @ 50W, with a DIY 80VG/20PG juice. Next step, put the Goblin in my ultrasonic cleaner, and build another dual coil after the cleaning and check it out. BTW, the ultrasonic cleaner (w/ heater) comes in handy to speed up the steeping of my DIY juices as well. 8-10 minute cycles with warm (not more than 30C), with resting time in between the cycles. Depending on the juice 5-15 cycles. The steeping was the main reason for purchasing the cleaner.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. You saved me some money then. I hadn't done the math on it to know yet. You saved me the trouble. I doubt if I will be getting an increase in power for some time. I am doing good to have the SVD2 at the moment...lol.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, thanks. I have a multi-meter for the time being. I have toyed around a little bit on that site previously. It is very good, no doubt about it. I missed the manual though. I will take a look at that, when I can.

Vaping Bully

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vape mine between 60 and 80 watts and in the beginning I was having over wicking issues never dry. I just put a good amount in the cut out at the top of the channels . What's your wattage?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, thanks. I have a multi-meter for the time being. I have toyed around a little bit on that site previously. It is very good, no doubt about it. I missed the manual though. I will take a look at that, when I can.
I just thought, if you wanted to try a lower gauge wire, instead of buying a roll of wire, you could make a 2 or 3 strand twisted wire of you 30 gauge wire. The steam engine can guide you with that too. Next to the drop down menu where you select the wire, you can select Round, twisted/parallel. This will create a new input box, where you select the number of strands.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have not tried a twisted wire coil yet. That is an idea. Thank you.

VU Sponsors