Become a Patron!

Sigelei E1 check battery issue

I had 3 Sigelei E1's do the same thing from the day I bought them. Push the fire button and nothing happened. It displayed "check battery". Brand new, fully charged 25 amp steady capable. Efestt, Panansonic, Sony were all tried. Same thing. I clean, clean, cleaned terminals. Same thing. Ugh!!

It's a random thing. And causes protection circuitry to lower the output well below what I liked. I could deal with the random no fire, but the constant need to reset my watts was the clincher.

I read about it and it seems to be a common thing with the E1. I was hoping a firmware update would be available to solve it. None found so far.

I really liked the E1, which is why I bought 3. The shop owner offered to exchange them as they are a no refund seller. I declined figuring 4, 5 and 6 would do the same thing. I get why they don't do refunds, but sheesh.

I just reboxed them figuring they'll look cool in a historic display case along with a scale replica of an Edsel car and other bad ideas on display.

Maybe I'm just that guy who buys 5 lottery tickets in a 1 in 3 wins game and come up empty. And that others E1's are fine. Just thought I'd tell others about the potential issue.

VU Sponsors