Become a Patron!

Sigelei Classic 90w not firing correctly??

Hey guys- I got a Sigelei classic 90w from a friend a couple months ago that has a Kylin tank & I've been changing the wicks, but didn't know I was supposed to change the coils as frequently.. He never told me anything about that. A couple weeks ago, it suddenly stopped firing correctly. Taking twice as long as normal to make any clouds at all and tasting almost burnt. So I changed the coils and wick, the same way my friend had when I first got it and its still doing the same thing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to fix it? I just bought a few new juices and seriously missing the nic! Thank you!!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys- I got a Sigelei classic 90w from a friend a couple months ago that has a Kylin tank & I've been changing the wicks, but didn't know I was supposed to change the coils as frequently.. He never told me anything about that. A couple weeks ago, it suddenly stopped firing correctly. Taking twice as long as normal to make any clouds at all and tasting almost burnt. So I changed the coils and wick, the same way my friend had when I first got it and its still doing the same thing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to fix it? I just bought a few new juices and seriously missing the nic! Thank you!!
Welcome to VU....:wave:

What did you make the new coil with?...did our friend give you wire?

Welcome to VU....:wave:

What did you make the new coil with?...did our friend give you wire?

I had no issue with making the coils or anything and literally followed the video step by step. But all I know about vaping or having a mod is literally just replacing the wick, replacing the coils and juice. I used the same wire he had- kanthal 24g and the coils are wrapped 8 times like he did them.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had no issue with making the coils or anything and literally followed the video step by step. But all I know about vaping or having a mod is literally just replacing the wick, replacing the coils and juice. I used the same wire he had- kanthal 24g and the coils are wrapped 8 times like he did them.
I'm not familiar with the atomizer you have, I threw it across the street when it wouldn't stop leaking.

I'm sure someone more familiar with the atty will chime in.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If the coils are installed and prepped the properly...

I've been changing the wicks, but didn't know I was supposed to change the coils as frequently
The coils last longer than wick. Just clean them when you re-wick, inspecting coil, checking that the grub screws are tight and that it's firing evenly.
A couple weeks ago, it suddenly stopped firing correctly. Taking twice as long as normal to make any clouds at all and tasting almost burnt. So I changed the coils and wick, the same way my friend had when I first got it and its still doing the same thing
I don't own Kylin, but it has juice flow control. You could check that. If no issue with coils, and jfc is open and you are getting dry/burnt tasting hits, then you prolly have too much cotton in the wicking ports. I'd say a bit fluffy in there, but not loose. Full, but not packed or tight. Thin the tails a wee bit and when your putting it in the channels, stop if you start getting a little resistance/the port is getting full without compressing. You can cut off any extra. Use the juice flow control.

VU Sponsors