Become a Patron!

Sigelei 50 watt resistance reading issue

toyotech

Member For 4 Years
I just got my black Sigelei 50 watt box mod on Saturday. I vaped on it all night long with no issues. Got up Sunday morning and noticed how hot the vape was getting. Found that my ohms reading was all over the place. 2.0 all the way to 6.0 ohms. Turned the adjustment pin where my tank was 1/8" above flush. Still giving me problems. Has anyone found out what was causing this?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got my black Sigelei 50 watt box mod on Saturday. I vaped on it all night long with no issues. Got up Sunday morning and noticed how hot the vape was getting. Found that my ohms reading was all over the place. 2.0 all the way to 6.0 ohms. Turned the adjustment pin where my tank was 1/8" above flush. Still giving me problems. Has anyone found out what was causing this?
It's the copper connector screw on the device. Doesn't always make full contact with the tank's pin.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If adjusting the pin does not help, set the mod to its lowest setting, then remove the battery for an hour.

Put the battery back in and see if that fixes the issue.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you checked you coil on a ohms checker or different device? Could be a bad coil or loose connection on the coil. Or tried a different atty on the Sigelei.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, it's time to pull out the warranty card and get that sucker fixed!

toyotech

Member For 4 Years
I'm using a nautilus tank with bvc coil. I have it on my Cloupor now with zero issues. I tried my aerotank on it with same results. From doing some searching seems to be a common issue. Emailed the vendor and Sigelei

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I'm using a nautilus tank with bvc coil. I have it on my Cloupor now with zero issues. I tried my aerotank on it with same results. From doing some searching seems to be a common issue. Emailed the vendor and Sigelei

Please keep us all informed on what transpires with your warranty claim.

This kind of info willl be most valuable to those of us thinking about purchasing any of the Sigelei mods.

toyotech

Member For 4 Years
So far no luck from the vendor or Sigelei. I purchased the mod on ebay from exclusive-vapes. I emailed them 3 days ago and left 2 messages on ebay and still have not heard from them. I also emailed Sigelei about the issue and still have not heard from them. I am starting to get a little pissed off...

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So far no luck from the vendor or Sigelei. I purchased the mod on ebay from exclusive-vapes. I emailed them 3 days ago and left 2 messages on ebay and still have not heard from them. I also emailed Sigelei about the issue and still have not heard from them. I am starting to get a little pissed off...
File a claim through Ebay or Paypal to get a refund.

The screw on the device is not something that can be easily fixed, I believe.

If you get your money back, at least you'll have something you can put towards another purchase.

toyotech

Member For 4 Years
File a claim through Ebay or Paypal to get a refund.

The screw on the device is not something that can be easily fixed, I believe.

If you get your money back, at least you'll have something you can put towards another purchase.
Did you get a replacement yet for your defected mod?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you get a replacement yet for your defected mod?
No I have not, because there are stretches of time where the ohm readings are completely stable on my device.

So maybe I had justification to return mine, but I decided not to.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had the same problem and was told its the "glue" used in the 510 connection. It frustrated the hell outta me. I was however lucky and was able to exchange mine. I did the pre order Origin Vapes offered on here. If anyone ever thinks of ordering from them i HIGHLY recommend them. Awesome customer service and communication. This was my first and last time purchasing anything segelei. Kinda sucks cause i would like the 100 watt raptor. Oh well, im loving the IPV2S i got for the exchange.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine will do the same every now & then. It's gone up to 7 ohm's after a battery swap. That was a pretty unpleasant surprise at 15 watts. But I've still got to send mine back in for this issue. And if I remember correctly, the black ones were supposed to have something different to keep this from happening.

Anyone know if the 100w is having the same issue?

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well my 30 watt Sigelei started smoking and shorting out last night while I was using it. Readings are all over the place. I wasn't even sub ohming on the thing. Had my fogger on it. I can smell burnt wires. I'm extremely pissed off as it's less than a month old and it's a safety issue imo. I too bought from a ebay seller and I would be willing to bet I won't hear back from them. I emailed Sigelei too and again, I doubt I will hear anything. I will never buy a Sigelei product again. I guess I can try taking it apart and seeing if I can fix it but I have no idea how to even get it apart. Even if I do manage to get it apart I would have no clue what to try and look for. Good thing I still have the BEC pro and my IPV. I have had no issues with either of them.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another sad segelei story...sorry to hear bout this @debinnv. I will never buy segelei again either. I got luck tho, @originvapes are quality ppl. I purchase from ebay all the time and i think after learning your story and others ill stick to the small purchases on ebay.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh I know it, Eric is a gem and I wished I had bought from him. I did already hear back from the seller and he says to return it and he will replace it for me. I'm not sure I'm getting a warm and fuzzy from this though. I am not sure I even want another. But I do suppose I will return it and see what happens as I can't use it the way it is now.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When i had that mod it came with an extra one. I could be wrong but cant u jyst screw it back in? Im assuming your talking about the lil copper pin/screw.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is small so im sure its hard to work with. Copper is a soft metal so dont force it.....

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good news finally! The eBay seller is going to send me the sigelei 100 watt v2 for the replacement and a few bottles of juice.
That is an awesome outcome. I think they may have stopped making the 50w unit FT has it listed as discontinued and other places have it as out of stock.

VU Sponsors