Become a Patron!

SIGELEI 30 WATTS DEAD

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I was vaping on it @.4ohms 28 watts the whole day yesterday, then came home charged it then vaped on it again till around 9pm, this morning the mod won't turn on with the same battery and gave me the message PMW!!! so I changed my battery it work for a little bit then PMW message flashed again!!!
Contacted 101vape.com waiting to hear! At one point it auto fire on me, I had to take the battery out!!! I don't have a problem with my 150w how come I had this problems... WOW
VAPE ON

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
How long have you had it?

101 vapes should take care of you.

Like FM said, let us know how it all works out for you!

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sucks. If it has not been to long I would imagine that 101 will take care of you. My guess would be that unlike your Sig 150w you were pushing the 30w to its max capacity on the regular, just speculation on my part as it could of just been a less than par unit you got.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sucks. If it has not been to long I would imagine that 101 will take care of you. My guess would be that unlike your Sig 150w you were pushing the 30w to its max capacity on the regular, just speculation on my part as it could of just been a less than par unit you got.
That's what I'm thinking too...i vaped on it around 28-30 watts the whole day .3ohms,yeah so I contacted 101vape and they want the mod back...

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If your device is auto firing that's a serious safety issue. It was likely an isolated case. Mass produced products always run the risk of some lemons. Glad you got your RMA from 101, they have good customer service. I never had issues with them in the past.

N

Newheart301

AHHHHHHHHHH !!!! Cover my eyes and ears !!! I just ordered one of these from 101 last night ! Don't really want to hear about this!:eek:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
AHHHHHHHHHH !!!! Cover my eyes and ears !!! I just ordered one of these from 101 last night ! Don't really want to hear about this!:eek:

Don't worry you'll probably get a good working model. I know several people that own them and they work fine.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only issue I have had with mine is sometimes you have to put extra pressure on the fire button. Other than that nothing. But thanks for the heads-up. I will be watching closely.

I wonder if it has something to do with firing at such high wattage constantly. I mean they are meant to fire up to 30w. But doing it constantly is hitting it's threshold and could be causing it to overheat or something. Just a thought.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if it has something to do with firing at such high wattage constantly. I mean they are meant to fire up to 30w. But doing it constantly is hitting it's threshold and could be causing it to overheat or something. Just a thought.
Yep that is what I was wondering. If a device is what ever watts and is always maxed out it would be reasonable to think that that device might burnout faster than a sister device that has always been run under less stress.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep that is what I was wondering. If a device is what ever watts and is always maxed out it would be reasonable to think that that device might burnout faster than a sister device that has always been run under less stress.

Yup. That is my theory and I'm sticking to it. LOL Dunno how well it will hold water though.

I would think for someone wanting to constantly run at 28-30w a 50w device might be a better bet. Like with me I run at 12-18w so a 30w more than suffices. I'm only hitting half of it's threshold power on a constant basis.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yup. That is my theory and I'm sticking to it. LOL Dunno how well it will hold water though.

I would think for someone wanting to constantly run at 28-30w a 50w device might be a better bet. Like with me I run at 12-18w so a 30w more than suffices. I'm only hitting half of it's threshold power on a constant basis.

I totally agree. Even though I don't push my IPV2 over 30 watts I like having the option of going to 50 watts if my taste should ever change

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even if I pushed the device up to 30 watts, it should fire and hold up to the max capacity, all I'm saying is that if it says 30 it should be ok with 30watts... I'm not sure but maybe the one I got was a bad batch, maybe sigelei didn't anticipate people will max vape on the mini, I'm not really sure, well anyways I will wait for the replacement!! Keep u all posted

VAPE ON

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If my tires are rated for 150 MPH and my car can run 110 MPH, why would I blow the tranny or motor if I drove it like that all the time?

Because using ANYTHING to the max limits prematurely makes it break down or die.

Not a kick in the ass, just the truth of the matter.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

This is the reason I bought a 150 watt Sigelei to run at 35 watts.
That and the fact that I only have to switch out the batteries every 4 days.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the reason I bought a 150 watt Sigelei to run at 35 watts.
That and the fact that I only have to switch out the batteries every 4 days.
My higher watt devices get similar treatment. 100 and 165w devices ran in the 30-60 watt range usually. I get the dual battery perks and the devices themselves are in my mind under less stress.

Even if I pushed the device up to 30 watts, it should fire and hold up to the max capacity, all I'm saying is that if it says 30 it should be ok with 30watts... I'm not sure but maybe the one I got was a bad batch, maybe sigelei didn't anticipate people will max vape on the mini, I'm not really sure, well anyways I will wait for the replacement!! Keep u all posted

VAPE ON
True it should be able to handle it but for whatever reason it did not. I look at it like the red line on a tac, but it could all be in my head. Hope the next unit performs better.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My higher watt devices get similar treatment. 100 and 165w devices ran in the 30-60 watt range usually. I get the dual battery perks and the devices themselves are in my mind under less stress.

True it should be able to handle it but for whatever reason it did not. I look at it like the red line on a tac, but it could all be in my head. Hope the next unit performs better.
I hope so..

VU Sponsors