Become a Patron!

Sigelei 100W Dual 18650 Battery Preview

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How far they going to push the wattage, I might be interested in a 50watt mod, but is 100watts pushing it to far?

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I could see it. I used to think 20watts was more than I would ever want. And it was with a tank atomizer. Then with more airflow, and a dripper I used to think that 30 watts was more than I would ever want when I was still at 12mg nic. Now that I make my juice at 2-3mg and my lungs have healed up from all the years of smoking I did before I started vaping I like vaping at 30 watts all the time, and when I want a bit more kick I crank my mod up to 50watts.
To me right now 40 watts with a magma clone atty on the largest air holes with some DIY lemon custard 3mg juice is just Heavenly.
Yep. I can see the community going to 100 watts in the near future.
Kind of a 'human nature' thing. "How fast can I make it go?" = "How much flavor, and vapor can I get?"

Although in the video it appeared that the lady had some misfire issues. With the amperage that thing is pushing i wouldn't be concerned about if I wanted 100watts or not but I would be concerned about quality control on that device.
At the .1 Ohm coil she quoted at 100 watts that's pushing ~31.5amps.

Last edited:

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah but 31.5 amps really isn't a problem if you are running 2 30 amp 18650 batteries in parallel. That would be able to handle 60 amps.

CV :)

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Point taken. I must have missed the dual battery thing.
Yeah but 31.5 amps really isn't a problem if you are running 2 30 amp 18650 batteries in parallel. That would be able to handle 60 amps.

CV :)

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
only negatives...
no touch fire like new 100 watt IPV coming.
This chip does not allow USB charging (or firmware updates)
Need a larger screen

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love the fire button.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Slight correction to my earlier post. Apparently Sigelei and Pioneer4You (IPV3) have both gotten around the USB plug and firmware update obstacle in their new 100 watt box mod release (coming soon). Not sure how (as the YiHi chip specs say otherwise) but very cool nonetheless.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Go to a new thread I started.. BREAKING NEWS: iPV3 interview with Pioneer4You and learn more about this chip situation

VU Sponsors