Become a Patron!

Sigelei 100 watt plus, 150 or IPV3

What are the advantages and disadvantages of either Sigelei vs the IPV3. I am looking into a new box mod and can not decide which one to with. I am a heavy vapor. Most of my coils I build are .2 ohms or higher. I am thinking about going with the Sigelei for the simple fact of the magnets I hate messing with screws just takes unwanted time to put in new batteries. Usually vape around 55-65 watts. I have read several forums and watched videos and am having a very hard time deciding. Any help is great thanks!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yea the magnets are a huge plus.. for looks alone I would personally choose the ipv3.. but both brands are great performers

it's a toss up - do you care about the extra 50 watts? if not, you can obv find the sig100 at a really cheap price now.. or the ipv4 will be dropping soon too if you want to hold off..

Looks don't both me a bit to be honest. The 50 watts would be nice to have for certain dripper builds but not everyday use of course. Does the IPV4 have a magnetic back by chance? I read up and apparently the sig and ipv use the same chip in them. I know the ipv you can update the firmware via usb. I'm stuck between the 2. Not sure if this is true but heard something about the voltage being able to go lower on the ipv? Can't find that thread now or i'd post it.

leaferikson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you're handy with a drill, you can make the IPV series have a magnetic backplate too. Tutorials all over youtube.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks don't both me a bit to be honest. The 50 watts would be nice to have for certain dripper builds but not everyday use of course. Does the IPV4 have a magnetic back by chance? I read up and apparently the sig and ipv use the same chip in them. I know the ipv you can update the firmware via usb. I'm stuck between the 2. Not sure if this is true but heard something about the voltage being able to go lower on the ipv? Can't find that thread now or i'd post it.

ipv3 can't be charged via usb, and the touch sensor doesn't work.. those are also 2 draw backs.. but you are getting more accurate ohm readings, more wattage, and upgradeable chip..

and yes the ipv4 has magnetic side door (batteries are housed on the side and not the back per say) .. not sure about the drop down info on either or but you really can't go wrong with either choice.. it's all about personal preference - all 3 of them are rock solid devices

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The IPV3 will go as low as 7 watts the Sigelei 100+ 10 watts. If all things are equal the sigelei is lower in cost.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
IMHO, get the Sigelei.

Sadly, I have become a "Fanboy" of the brand.

So go ahead and get the 150 watt.

Or if you want to save a few $$ get the 100 Watt Plus.

I have the 100 Watt myself and I love it so much after using it for a few months, when I decided that I wanted something smaller and more shirt pocket friendly I purchased the Sigelei Mini 30 watt.

And I am totally digging on that as well.

Alright I am going to my local vape shop too and going to talk with my friend who works there and can give me his advice. Probably thinking about going with the sigelei and if I want to ill get the IPV3 or 4 when it is released. Money isn't really a issue I got a good paying job and do quite well for myself. Id buy both right now but I got car parts to buy and getting a new pistol today as well haha. Choices, choices.

leaferikson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
IMHO, get the Sigelei.

Sadly, I have become a "Fanboy" of the brand.

So go ahead and get the 150 watt.

Or if you want to save a few $$ get the 100 Watt Plus.

I have the 100 Watt myself and I love it so much after using it for a few months, when I decided that I wanted something smaller and more shirt pocket friendly I purchased the Sigelei Mini 30 watt.

And I am totally digging on that as well.

I have an IPV2S and, while I love the clicky buttons on the hana that are a similar style, the IPV buttons tend to be a chore after a while. The sigelei button is nice, big and doesn't rattle. If I could magically change my ipv2s in to a sigelei 100w, i would do it in a heartbeat.

methos

Member For 4 Years
Personally I like the Sig150, have used the IPV3 and it's nice, but I like being able to change my batts without a tool

JOLT74

Member For 4 Years
I'd go Sig 150, magnets, rubber case, smaller (if size matters) and yeah the ipv3 can be upgraded but do you really want it just to upgrade it to have an extra 15 watts if you're only gunna stick around 55-65?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I have the ivp3 drilled out for magnets. Wishing I went with Sig 150 but oh well it's still a very good mod. Currently viewing the SX M class and ivp4 for temp control. New and exciting stuff coming for us

VU Sponsors