Become a Patron!

Sig 100 or 50?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am looking to get a new Mod (Not RDA, Damn brain damage), and rarely push my device to its 30 watts. I usually stay in the 14 -16 watt range for my RTA's anr about 20-25 for My RDA's, I push 30 if I run dual coils.

I was thinking of getting the 50, as the max I use on single coil is 25, after that it tastes burnt ( to me). I was going to order the 50, but the 100 is a little more, although it take dual batteries, which worries me a bit.

What are the safety elements when using dual batteries? I hear you have to "pair" them, so I would probably mark them with coloured tape.

I am willing to go for the 100, so I have the watts, even though I am unlikely to use them they are there. It is just the dual batteries I am worried about, could someone explain that to me please?

Thanks, Conan.

EDIT: The 150 is only an extra £5, so I might as well get that if I do. I am just worried about this battery pairing malarky, if its hard I will just get the 50.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, does this mean I need to buy new batteries and wont be able to use my current 25R's? If not I will get some of them LG 3000MAH 20 AMP as I can get them now.

I am going to get the 150 as it is future proof and will take whatever I want to throw at it lol.

Last edited:

cardassian

Member For 4 Years
Yep you'll need to buy batteries in pairs, use them in pairs and mark them as pairs and charge them in pairs. Is easy to do and is the only extra bit of safety you need to do for dual battery mods. It's so the batteries age at the same rate and therefore discharge at the same rate. You don't want one old and one new battery as they discharge at different rates and one will be discharged and the other half discharged and this can cause issues.
You'll be surprised how quickly you could be using the extra grunt of the mod. I had a 50 watt mod for over 6 months and hardly ever went over 25 watts.
Now have a 100 watt mod and frequently vape at 80+ watts. This is mainly due to the airflow on some rda I have picked up along the way.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I will order pairs of batteries to go with it. The 150W model is only £5 more than the 100 watt model, so it makes sense to get that as they are the same body size.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also you can use lower amp batteries in pairs with it and it be safer than one battery as, 2 batteries will share the load put on them...so if you have a 30 amp load the batteries are only seeing 15 amps each as opposed to one seeing it all...You could get away with lesser cost samsung 25R's to power it with...Even cheaper are the LG HE2 batteries...Youll have "5000mah" of battery lasting power :cool:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also you can use lower amp batteries in pairs with it and it be safer than one battery as, 2 batteries will share the load put on them...so if you have a 30 amp load the batteries are only seeing 15 amps each as opposed to one seeing it all...You could get away with lesser cost samsung 25R's to power it with...Even cheaper are the LG HE2 batteries...Youll have "5000mah" of battery lasting power :cool:
AHh, this answered my earlier question, does this mean that with 2 batteries it can actually handle 40 Amps with samsung 25R's? Glad to know I can actually use the device safely now, and double the battery does sound nice.

And thanks to Huckleberried for moving it to the right place, I wasn't too sure where to put it :).

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can use a lower rated amp batteries but still should be cautious to the amp load...the batteries in the sig are installed in a "series" which means yiu are doubling you MAH capacity but you still have the same amp rating of a battery...So 2 samsung 25r's are now giving you 5000mah with the same 20 amps..but because they share the loads put on them you can vape with more power than a single cell which would take the full load...theoreticly you could vape with a 40 amp load but now its like having a single battery cell again as both are working at maximum capacity...so if you have a 40 amp load ifs still better to use a better battery such as vtc 4's which are 30 amps each..so no you have the capability to vape 60 amps but, you dont want to push them that far, as you always want a safety margin..so with vtc4's you can vape 40 amps all day and have a total of 4200mah of battery capacity with your safety margin...However, i doubt you will be vaping on anything with an amp load of 60 amps...Not even sure you will ever see 40 amps.

On a .2 ohm coil using 4.2v would give you 88 watts which would draw 21 amps...look here..http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I decided I am getting the 150 watter, as it is only £5 more than the 100. Would I be best going for sony VTC4's over the 25R's? I would only have 4200MAH vs 5000MAH, but they have a higher amp limit. I have a good source, the shop I use only uses genuine items and puts if an item is a fake/clone. They are slightly more expensive, but would they be safer in the 150 watt device than the 25R's?

I did use vape Calc last night, and only one build I planned went over at 21.8 Amps, all the others were withing the capabilities of the battery.

I am a bit confused now, I understand series and parralel wiring the basics, but not how this affects amps ETC. Will I have a 30 AMP 4200MAH set of batteries, or a 60AMP capable set of 4200MAH batteries?

cardassian

Member For 4 Years
If the batteries are wired in series you will double the volts. If the batteries are wired in paralel you will double the amps.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude I've had 25rs in my 150w sigelei for months they're great for the sigelei dont jump on the Sony bandwagon, the 25rs outlast them anyways. Vape on!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok cheers man, I will get a pair of 25R's to start with, I already have 4 but they have been used individually. I can only afford one set to start as the mod + one set of batteries is costing me over £80, I genuinely can not afford an extra set untill next payday, so I will charge the batteries together early in the morning when I wake, and by 10AM be able to vape on the 150 (I can still use the 30, but am letting my fiancee use it when I get the 150, but she only uses it occasionally, like 2 or 3 times a day so the rest of the time I could use it).

Batteries 2 and 3 were bought as a matched set but I can't use them now can I as they have been used individually, but charged together.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I know I am buying the 150, but do not quite understand how regulation works.

Will it not allow more than 20 AMPS to be pulled from the batteries no matter what power you use, as I know it contains things that 'step up' the power and such, because on steam engine calculator I could quite easily go past 20 watts, when I got to around 80 watts was the limit. EDIT: It was actually 92 watts, my mistake.

With the regulated mod, can I actually try it at the full 150? (I am unlikely to do this. 40 watts to each coil should be more than enough for me with a larger gauge wire) Although I may try one 'insane' build using 24 or lower gauge for the fun of it, about 0.2 ohms just to say I have done it.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just realised the 25R's are 8.8c, does that not make them 16.6 amp, even though we know they are 20 Amp batteries? EDIT: Just did some googling. Apparently the 8.8C 25R's are good for 22 amps.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're great batteries I vape at .2 @ 60 to 100w all the time remember you are essentially pulse firing the batteries for a few seconds only, I chain vape so the batteries can handle it quite well.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're massively overthinking this.

We wouldn't all have been using Samsung batteries for years if they couldn't handle it.

VU Sponsors