Become a Patron!

side effect? or coincedence? Feeling cold

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've been vaping for a couple months now, and seems like I just cant get warm enuf.
All my life ive been one of those guys that heats up a room, My dad and pops were the same way
Ive got the house up to 71f, and that's always been my comfort zone, but for the past few weeks, I find myself re-checking the thermometer.
Maybe its side effect of getting older, Im 42?

Now don't get all crazy freakin' me out telling me my thyroid is f'ed, and destined to die in a week.
Im of averge health for my age. I walk a lot, not a lot of everyday alcohol, and quit smoking, but do love the fatty foods, just a typical American fatty-faterson. 240lbs.
My juice is all pg, on a ego stick with clearos, if any of that matters.
Maybe im dehydrated? I drink plenty of coffee and beer, and toss in a few cups of nice cold water.
I know not to use the internets for medicinal purposes, so I will assume any comments will be garnered as opinions. I blame no one for miss diagnosis.
Anybody else feel cold?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey Angus. Me, no. Not cold. But, I'm a hot-flashy 46 year old female. I will say that I went through transitions for the first 3-6 months from quitting smoking to vaping. Smoking wreaked havoc on our bodies!! IF you don't start to feel better or more normal, I'd definitely check with your Dr. Always better safe, than sorry.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sure others will weigh in, too. You never know, you might be feeling "normal", whatever that is, lol. ;)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I turned 40 last year. I also had to get on BP medicine.

I am on a aspirin a day, in addition to a mild diuretic, a BP pill and cholesterol medicine. I'm cold too. But I think it has more to do with age, then anything else.

I was 240 pounds 2 years ago. I have been 200 pounds for over a year now.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
beer and coffee both dehydrate you as well, mixed with the PG, and winter....Im sure your more than fine. Not to mention that the older we get, the more we need to keep our chest and back warm. Throw an extra Tshirt on, drink double the water and see if it helps warm you up. I hope you can figure it out, I hate being cold.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, this is a total shot in the dark but could it have anything to do with it being winter?
:D
I live inside, foo!! Electric heat and everything!lol
maybe I am just getting old. I did weigh 280 this time last year. a couple months ago I weighed 230.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well. I don't have any answers. One minute i'm fine, the next I'm hot, and pretty soon I'm freezing. I keep thinking I'm getting sick. But no. My wife is menopausal and won't keep her damn fingers off the thermostat. Just cause she is suffering, the dogs and I must suffer as well.

How hard is it to understand that just because your temperature fluctuates, it does not mean mine has to too. Jeeeeeeeezzzzzz. :p

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I live inside, foo!! Electric heat and everything!lol
maybe I am just getting old. I did weigh 280 this time last year. a couple months ago I weighed 230.
Umm I know what is going on.
I also have lost weight and stopped smoking..
consider something science and shit for a second.

Being fat/heavy/landbound whale once you lose a chunk in excess of 25-80lbs your body does not have to push your blood flow as had through the same veins. So your system is not working as hard, you are not producing the kiln like btus due to lack o blubber also add into your blood vessels are not constricted as much due to the tobacco additives... there you go.

Lack of blubs + lack of tobacco garbage = correct body temp.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
man, 2014 was a great year for me....lost 60 pounds in the first 6 months....then I found 50 of them during the next six....fuck. Back to eating healthy....

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
true. when you start to treat your body right, you need to find new ways to do that..
i have dropped some too, but yet i feel way hotter lmao..
quiet the opposite, so.. but yet i wonder where the heck did winter go?
i am still wearing my shorts and t shirts around my house..
i keep the thermostat on about 68-70.. still... :rolleyes:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try taking your temp when you get cold. My problem is that my metabolism slows down in the winter and I'm usually at 98.3 or 98.4. Summer hits and I'm right back at 98.6

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder about that internal thermometer, zamazam, I had a friend that had been in multiple accidents, and for some reason, her body cant modulate body temps very well. When we lived together, I had to constantly remind her to eat at regular intervals. Some times she would go for a couple days without eating, and wonder why she felt sluggish. Off to dairy queen for some grease!!! she lives in moses lake now were its 85 most of the summer.
tonight, I tested my jack dempsy fish tank for ammonia, and was way high, and I think my heater is crapping out. water was at 70*f. They need 72 to 85. the female looks like she's dying, and the guy is lythargic. . so I partialed it 1/2 (55 gallon tank) added salt, and will buy a new heater tomorrow. the one I have seems to be working now.
so I have the house temp up to 75 right now, and Im feeling over heated. it triggers my panick attacks, I guesse I sleep with my window open tonight. ick. That was a few hours ago, and now that the ammonia has gone down, and the temp going up, she looks better.
As for pumping blood around my body, I have large varicose veins in my left leg, and some in my right, there is little valves in the veins that help the blood flow up, and with enlarged veins, they don't work so well. I do feel a lot better being lighter, but if I dont wear my compression socks, my ankles swell up and ache. Getting old sux.
My sister had bad veins a couple years ago, and had them removed . talked to her a little about it today. scary.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK mom is 125lbs lighter and gets cold more often also.
I am down 85lbs and never had an issue with cold or heat until I nearly died from heat stroke in IL in the 90s, then got frostbite and windburn in sub antartic temps. the ONLY difference between -10 degrees and -80 degrees is how much it fucking hurts.

Was on when I left shitcago it was 35 below and 6' snow drifts when I landed in PDX it was 38" and raining... I was sweating BUCKETS because 38" was short and tee shirt weather... the next morning it was snowing with 8" of slush on the ground and I was outside shoving snow in short and tank top laughing about it with my buddy.

And since then I have no heat and zero cold tolerance.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder about that internal thermometer, zamazam, I had a friend that had been in multiple accidents, and for some reason, her body cant modulate body temps very well. When we lived together, I had to constantly remind her to eat at regular intervals. Some times she would go for a couple days without eating, and wonder why she felt sluggish. Off to dairy queen for some grease!!! she lives in moses lake now were its 85 most of the summer.
tonight, I tested my jack dempsy fish tank for ammonia, and was way high, and I think my heater is crapping out. water was at 70*f. They need 72 to 85. the female looks like she's dying, and the guy is lythargic. . so I partialed it 1/2 (55 gallon tank) added salt, and will buy a new heater tomorrow. the one I have seems to be working now.
so I have the house temp up to 75 right now, and Im feeling over heated. it triggers my panick attacks, I guesse I sleep with my window open tonight. ick. That was a few hours ago, and now that the ammonia has gone down, and the temp going up, she looks better.
As for pumping blood around my body, I have large varicose veins in my left leg, and some in my right, there is little valves in the veins that help the blood flow up, and with enlarged veins, they don't work so well. I do feel a lot better being lighter, but if I dont wear my compression socks, my ankles swell up and ache. Getting old sux.
My sister had bad veins a couple years ago, and had them removed . talked to her a little about it today. scary.

This is off topic, but your tank's bacteria ain't doing it's thing by converting ammonia into nitrates. You need to put a water bacteria boost in to get the ammonia down even further: http://www.petsmart.com/fish/cyclin...r-conditioner-zid36-17717/cat-36-catid-300035

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes. getting that today too. My girl Dempsey died. Gonna try ammo locks too.
My heater was not on, and the water was at 65*f. If I lose him, I will get a new couple. But I like Oscars better. We don't have a under gravel filter because the dempeys dig, and would just tear it up.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yes. getting that today too. My girl Dempsey died. Gonna try ammo locks too.
My heater was not on, and the water was at 65*f. If I lose him, I will get a new couple. But I like Oscars better. We don't have a under gravel filter because the dempeys dig, and would just tear it up.
Get a BIO-wheel. I use them on my Tank with Red Devils. I use a HOT Magnum 250 Pro, you can find them on Amazon.

Last edited:

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my filter doesn't have the holes a bio wheel would spin on. I will put ammo chips, and charcoal in bottom of filter, though.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a scientific explanation. Yer gettin' fuckin' old!:(

VU Sponsors