Become a Patron!

Should I buy cloupor t8 now

aarrgh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm looking for a vw over 75 watts. I've looked at cloupor t8, ipv3, and sigelei 100 watt. I like the t8 best because of price, and that I love my cloupor 30 watt.

Before I pull the trigger on it, I wan'ted to get opinions on if I am making a mistake. Are either of the other two better? Or is there another mod for around same price, that is better than the cloupor?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have not seen much talk on here about the T8 I do like how the back has tons of holes for heat dissipation I am still torn myself I am going to wait until they are all out and see which ones blows someone head off like a Ginger bread man!

aarrgh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since first post, I have spent 4 or 5 more hours reading about them. It seems most people online like the ipv3, then a few the sigelei, and next to none like the clouper. I seem to change my mind on what I am going to get with every post I read.

But I keep coming back to the clouper, for one reason. The output voltage on the clouper t8 is 5.6 to 14 volt. Both the others it is 1 to 7 volt.

The main reason I want to get a high wattage regulated device is so I can build any size coil and still get a strong vape. If I am understanding ohms law, at 7 volts you would still need to low sub ohm(.33) just to get 150watts, even the sigelei would need .5 ohm atty to get its 100 watts. The cloupors `14 volt could get 150 watts at 1 3 ohm.

On the low side the clouper gets hammered. The other two should be able to run my kayfun, nautalus, etc. But I would have to get pretty high ohm attys to make the clouper work with them. But this part doesn't matter much, since I have other mods to use with them.

I'm not seeing many people mentioning the low voltage output on the sigelei, or the ipv3. So that makes me think I am doing something way wrong, either with my math, or with what "output voltage" means. So any clarification on this would be appreciated.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since first post, I have spent 4 or 5 more hours reading about them. It seems most people online like the ipv3, then a few the sigelei, and next to none like the clouper. I seem to change my mind on what I am going to get with every post I read.

But I keep coming back to the clouper, for one reason. The output voltage on the clouper t8 is 5.6 to 14 volt. Both the others it is 1 to 7 volt.

The main reason I want to get a high wattage regulated device is so I can build any size coil and still get a strong vape. If I am understanding ohms law, at 7 volts you would still need to low sub ohm(.33) just to get 150watts, even the sigelei would need .5 ohm atty to get its 100 watts. The cloupors `14 volt could get 150 watts at 1 3 ohm.

On the low side the clouper gets hammered. The other two should be able to run my kayfun, nautalus, etc. But I would have to get pretty high ohm attys to make the clouper work with them. But this part doesn't matter much, since I have other mods to use with them.

I'm not seeing many people mentioning the low voltage output on the sigelei, or the ipv3. So that makes me think I am doing something way wrong, either with my math, or with what "output voltage" means. So any clarification on this would be appreciated.
See I told ya there was not much interest on here... I think because of the cluster with the T5 and that silly upgrade for 10 more watts that failed everyone is wary.. well I am wary of them all accept the sigeli so far I am not looking for low ohmage for all day as I switch devices if I am home but if I did choose to use just one device I want it to last long enough so I do not have to keep it plugged in like I do the IPV 2 if I want to vape low ohms... I am just sitting back and watching to see what else happens I figure by X-mas there may be some word as to what finally is the better product

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Me, I am going to wait until all of these mods have hit the market in force and then wait for the reviews to start flooding out. And to get a good sence of how long they last and what warranty support the ones that fail get.

VU Sponsors