Become a Patron!

Shops that sell stuff they don't have annoy me!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered a mod last week from a web shop.
A week on, the order is still "being prepared".
Several emails later, the shop owner finally admits he's waiting on a late shipment from China. Surprise surprise...

Goddammit, I hate shops that sell articles they don't actually have in stock. Not that I'm in such a hurry or anything, but it's borderline deceptive.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree. It's either in stock (meaning they can walk over and pull it off the shelf and ship it) or not.

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turns out the guy always does this: he takes in orders, then when he has enough of them, he turns around and orders in bulk from China. Apparently I'm one of the "lucky" ones, with only one week to wait.

Well, if I wanted to participate in a co-op or order directly from China and wait, I'd do it myself. So I've cancelled the charge and complained about the seller. Maybe that'll teach him...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly I have been noticing that trend when I order gear as well, I do wish they would state in stock or out of stock on more sites. Guess I look for that now before hitting confirm order or I walk away from it and search on.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats how they can afford to order in bulk lol.. they use everyone else's money - basically the same thing as a pre-order.. but it is deceitful because they are not SAYING it's a pre-order..

that would annoy the hell out of me.. sorry you have to deal with that.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the stuff can be ordered, it's assumed to be in stock. When it isn't, it can't be ordered in the first place usually. At least that's how most honest sellers operate...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thats how they can afford to order in bulk lol.. they use everyone else's money - basically the same thing as a pre-order.. but it is deceitful because they are not SAYING it's a pre-order..

that would annoy the hell out of me.. sorry you have to deal with that.

Yeah, it's basically a co-op.
The more units they can order, the better the price they can negotiate from the Chinese vendor. So, they wait.
The more they wait, the more profit they can make.;)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's basically a co-op.
The more units they can order, the better the price they can negotiate from the Chinese vendor. So, they wait.
The more they wait, the more profit they can make.;)

Yup Exactly.. this is why I only order from a few sites that I know are reliable.. too many of these popping up recently..

Rob E Rob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree. At least VaportekUSA calls their orders pre-orders. However, they have so many pre-orders going on, they need to have a section on their website called "in stock"

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear a lot of the sellers do "pre-orders" and use the sales to actually make their order from the vendor. It's a no risk buy for them.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear a lot of the sellers do "pre-orders" and use the sales to actually make their order from the vendor. It's a no risk buy for them.

That's fine as long as they clearly state it's pre-order on the website. But when it says available, it should be packaged and shipped immediately - cuz you know, it's, like, available :)

I emailed the vendor to cancel the sale. All I get from him now is radio silence. I guess the next step will be to open a dispute at Paypal :(

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's fine as long as they clearly state it's pre-order on the website. But when it says available, it should be packaged and shipped immediately - cuz you know, it's, like, available :)

I emailed the vendor to cancel the sale. All I get from him now is radio silence. I guess the next step will be to open a dispute at Paypal :(
I had the same thing happen to me. Luckily the vendor was nice enough to offer a refund without any fuss. Best of luck with your order.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you are being placed on a waiting list for something really special, theres no excuse for it.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah! The guy called me on the phone today (from abroad too). What I did was, I faxed him a fake injunction letter from my attorney telling him to either deliver the goods, reverse the charge, or face imminant legal action. That got his attention :)

So basically he's ordered the goods from HK, but it's stuck at customs. I told him I didn't mind waiting provided I'm warned on the website before placing my order, and he said "Oh but I expected the shipment the next day." To which I replied that if he didn't have the stuff on his shelf, he had no business selling it as if it was readily available. Matter of fact, he still offers this very mod on his website without any mention of pre-order or delay right now...

Anyhow, he's paid up, and in hurry too. So that's my money back in my pocket. Now all I have to do is order the same stuff from another retailer.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've ordered the same mod from another shop. It's been shipped within hours after I placed my order - but I paid 10 euros more. The owner of the first shop who diddled me emailed me this morning, saying I should've waited a bit longer, cuz he's received the mod now, and he could've have shipped it to me today. I told him I was happy to pay more for an honest service. I'm not sure he got the hint...

Anyhow, I should get my mod within a few days - only 2 weeks late

VU Sponsors