Become a Patron!

Sharing this* Spotting FAKE Samsung 25R batteries (BLUE wrapper)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This was posted on another forum by a friend of mine, I am sharing it here.

Hey everybody. Battery safety is something that we can all agree upon here, and should always be kept in mind. I use regulated box mods like the iPV4 and iPV mini 2. I've been using mainly the BLUE Samsung 25R's in them, but do have a set of LG HE4's. I recently ordered (2) sets of the Samsung 25R's from an Ebay seller that had a really good reputation/feedback rating. They made a mistake and sent me ONLY (1) set of 2 batteries. I contacted them, and they got back to me quickly, and set out the 2nd set right away. When I received the 2nd set, I noticed right away of the color difference of the wrapper. I looked at the battery, and thought that maybe it was just a production change, as the # codes on the batteries were different. I figured that these might be just newer batteries. When I went to charge them yesterday, I noticed that the volts were quite a bit different between the (2) batteries, and with the other Samsung 25R's that I have, I've never seen that much of a difference.

I use these in sets in my iPV4, and started to question that set of batteries. Anyways, if you would like some insights and be able to determine if your Samsung 25R's are the REAL DEAL, type in SPOTTING FAKE 25R BATTERY, into your browser. The first thing that should come up, is an article from BATTERYBRO.COM . It will show you in detailed pictures how you can spot if your 25R batteries are legit, or not. There is other good battery information on there as well. The Ebay seller admitted that he was "NOT SURE HONESTLY" about the authenticity of the batteries. He said "I'M VAPING ON THEM AND THEY SEEM TO BE WORKING FINE". That statement is a BIG problem for me!.....as he really doesn't know what he's using or how safe they are/ or are not. He told me that he obtained the Samsung 25R's (that he is selling), from a reputable vendor in California. Anyways, just figured that I'd post this, as I want EVERYONE THAT VAPES to be SAFE!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The "Im vaping on them and they work fine" sounds familiar as this was what one VU memeber said about an ebay seller telling him about a new type of battery hes selling and testing now...with great feed back and stuff.

One can better remove some doubt and buy from a reputable battery source online and avoid ebay purchases for batteries..Most of these sellers dont have the means to test a cell for authenticity and are ignorant to the fact that they could be fakes...Some i would imagine do know they are fakes and dont give a shit.

I only purchase from liionwholesale.com as a trusted source of samsung ,sony and ,LG.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The last Samsung 25r I got from Llionwholesale were green, not blue anymore.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
New 25rs (lightning vapes)
1e3c848f7f51e87cd9632fc0f3d8096b.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They seem to last a lot longer then my set of new baby blues

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't noticed a difference running them in the Sigelei. But that's okay, I pretty much get a day out of them and that's chain vaping...

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Huh...wonder if there is any real difference in them other than wrapper color..First ive seen of them...lol

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They tweaked the chemistry to make them last longer in terms of charge cycles

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really wish they'd picked any other color, gonna have to mark them to keep from grabbing the sonys when I'm in a hurry.

VU Sponsors