Become a Patron!

Settings for Kanger KBox 70 help needed!

I am unsure what to set my kbox 70 at, I'm a new user.

I currently use ssocc .5 ohm Kanger coils with the kbox 70.
So based on that, my settings should be?
Ni 200 or Ti wire?
Temperature?
Watts? Voltage?

And will the device automatically know the ohms of the coil I put in? I'm using ssocc .5 coils but the ohms on the device says 0.34ohms.
I just don't want anything blowing up or running at unsafe levels, so if you could help me understand it a bit better and set it to proper levels for my .5 ssocc coils It'd be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• tmp_12728-20160612_111202-1968384965.jpg
    tmp_12728-20160612_111202-1968384965.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does the coil have a blue oring on the bottom> Looking at the ohm rating, I'd say it's a Ni200 (Nickel) coil that needs to be used in TC mode.

Moving to VV/VW TC for more exposure.

Does the coil have a blue oring on the bottom> Looking at the ohm rating, I'd say it's a Ni200 (Nickel) coil that needs to be used in TC mode.

Moving to VV/VW TC for more exposure.

No, it's a red ring.
Here's an image of the coils.
29w92fc.jpg

The place I bought the kbox 70 at said as long as I'm not running the device with the temperature mode showing on the display I'll be ok.
He said make sure it only shows the wattage mode on the screen, and basically just set the watts to your personal preference, I have it at 25 watts, sometimes I turn it up to 30. Any higher than that would prematurely wear out the type of coil I have. It makes sense.
Sound ok to you?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, it's a red ring.
Here's an image of the coils.
The place I bought the kbox 70 at said as long as I'm not running the device with the temperature mode showing on the display I'll be ok.
He said make sure it only shows the wattage mode on the screen, and basically just set the watts to your personal preference, I have it at 25 watts, sometimes I turn it up to 30. Any higher than that would prematurely wear out the type of coil I have. It makes sense.
Sound ok to you?

Thanks.
I don't see an image. I have to guess you might have mistyped the ohm rating of the coil then. Maybe you meant .5 ohm? If you were told to run in power mode with the watts set to 25-30 you should be ok.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep, you're fine with the settings you have then. BTW, if you look at the coil, they usually have the recommended wattage rating stamped on the side.

Thanks! I always like to get a few opinions, easier to make a more informed decision.

Thanks again!

If anyone else wants to weigh in, feel free to comment if you have a better suggestion to the coils i SHOULD be using, or your thoughts on how I should run this set up.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it says ssocc then it's stainless steel. The initials describe the coil, (Stainless Steel Organic Cotton Coil). It needs to run in vw/vv mode, the kbox 70w supports temp control but only with nickel or titanium coils. According to kanger the .5ohm coils can be run between 15w-60w.

http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-stainless-steel-organic-cotton-coil?variant=9185586373

You could try removing the atomizer tank from the kbox and then reattaching it. Unless I'm mistaken I think it asks you if it's a new coil, you should select 'yes' and see if the resistance reading is closer to the .5 ohm the coil is supposed to be at.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
If it says ssocc then it's stainless steel. The initials describe the coil, (Stainless Steel Organic Cotton Coil). It needs to run in vw/vv mode, the kbox 70w supports temp control but only with nickel or titanium coils. According to kanger the .5ohm coils can be run between 15w-60w.

http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-stainless-steel-organic-cotton-coil?variant=9185586373

You could try removing the atomizer tank from the kbox and then reattaching it. Unless I'm mistaken I think it asks you if it's a new coil, you should select 'yes' and see if the resistance reading is closer to the .5 ohm the coil is supposed to be at.
Hold on a second ... SSOCC is NOT the coil itself, it is the housing that is stainless steel. Kanger makes the following coils:

NI200 (Nickel) SSOCC (.15ohm)
Clapton Coil (Kanthal) SSOCC (.5ohm)
NiCr (NiChrome) SSOCC (.15ohm, .5ohm, 1.2ohm, 1.5ohm)
Ceramic (Kanthal) SSOCC (.5ohm)
SUS316 (Stainless) SSOCC (.5ohm).

You can tell them apart by the color of the seal and sometimes the markings on the housing.

The SSOCC NI200 has blue seals.
The SSOCC Clapton has black seals.
The SSOCC NiChrome has red seals.
The SSOCC Ceramic has black seals, but no cotton wick.
The SSOCC Stainless has pink seals.

Confused yet?

HTH !!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that is confusing. I was going by what kanger's website stated. Just what everyone needs more confusion. lol
I'm not sure why they would go to the trouble then of pointing out they're stainless. Maybe I was looking at different coils? The ones in the page I linked appear to have a gray ring and give no other option besides resistance. It says fits toptank, subtank and nebox series. Their others are labeled ceramic and clapton. Maybe the ones I'm seeing are for a different atomizer, is that possible?

http://www.kangeronline.com/collections/kangertech-coils

They do have nickel ones that also say ssocc but don't seem to differentiate ni200 or nichrome, just says nickel. I'm thinking maybe kanger's actual website is severely outdated. Hate to make any more guesses, I'm seeing red banded ssocc coils on vapenw listed as nichrome coils in the dropdown selection but then in the description says ni200.

I'm sure DevAuto has a better grasp on it than I do, I haven't used any of kanger's coils. Their website seems to be missing a lot of product variations out there and some sites seem to have discrepancy in their own descriptions. I was going by the description off kanger's site suggesting they were stainless coils since that's what they said, not just assuming that's what the ss in ssocc stood for. When they said they were stainless coils that's what I thought they were talking about, the coil. Didn't mean to confuse things so I apologize for that!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Synphul Yeah, it is a confusing hot mess of mis-information. I think Kanger did it intentionally to confuse people and sell coils. You really have to dig around to find all the relevant information to make heads or tails out of it all.

VU Sponsors