Become a Patron!

Serious Question

Terry T

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anybody else get sores in their mouth after vaping? Mostly on my tongue. Nothing serious. Just annoying. I was thinking it might be the juice I'm using or is it inevitable. Thanks for the input.

TerryT

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
if the OP hasn't been off cigarettes very long, it could be a withdrawal symptom -- withdrawal can feel like the flu, complete with cold sores. Could be a PG allergy. Could be an overgrowth of the candida fungus, causing a thrush infection -- I struggled a bit with that, when I first started. Think it's just because the pH of the mouth changes.

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could also be slight burns if you vape is too hot and you get spitback.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe it could be your allergic to certain flavor concentrations.If you vape the same thing just a couple of juices it would be easy to eliminate the possibility. Iam deffinfiy not a doctor you say its no big deal and I hope its not. But it mite be something to get checked out. Just looking out for another vaper.

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, I actually got my md to check this out for me. It happened to me like for months after I quit smoking (maybe 4 months). They aren't sores, they are just ulcers, which can happen for a variety of reasons, but most likely it is the change in ph in your mouth. This can happen just as a symptom of quitting cigarettes, or from vaping, or a combination of the two.They are a little terrifying, but quite harmless. If they sting, just dab a numbing agent like something for tooth pain on it, and try to avoid too much sodium as this will irritate them. They will stop once your mouth adjusts. If it does get painful, and you want a medical opinion, a trip to the doctor would be a good choice, just for peace of mind.

VU Sponsors