Become a Patron!

Series parallel question.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Say you want to build a series parallel mech mod......

Which way to complete circuit.. 2 batteries in parallel then series the pairs or batteries in series then Pairs in parallel?

On paper seem would be same. But I know reality doesn't alway match the math.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Say you want to build a series parallel mech mod......

Which way to complete circuit.. 2 batteries in parallel then series the pairs or batteries in series then Pairs in parallel?

On paper seem would be same. But I know reality doesn't alway match the math.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

If you look at the Wismec RX300 (yes, regulated), but they use a parallel-series config for that battery sled, 2 series sleds wired in parallel together, think it was probably easier to wire it that way is the reason they went that way. Not sure how doing it in a mech box would work though.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you look at the Wismec RX300 (yes, regulated), but they use a parallel-series config for that battery sled, 2 series sleds wired in parallel together, think it was probably easier to wire it that way is the reason they went that way. Not sure how doing it in a mech box would work though.

I guess the question would still apply to regulated........ Technically you do still have to consider amp draw...... If your pulling max watts your pulling max watts.. Doesn't matter if you use OHM Law or WATTS law........ Your still drawing amps from the batteries.

Yeah Full mech would take more skills than I fell comfortable vaping off.. But Could do semi-mech and use a sled(s), or wired with protection. I was thinking of building a table top box

I just wonder if one configuration is better for performance, safety and battery life. More a curiosity than anything. I vape mostly at 25 Watts or less...... Don't really need series or parallel.

VU Sponsors