Become a Patron!

SERIES MECH MOD BUILDS (NOISY CRICKET)

What is your series build? (noisy cricket)

• what gauge, how many wraps, and diameter, and resistance

• wraps, diameter, ohms?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey guys I am in need of some GOOD builds for my noisy cricket series mod... This thing hits like a train!!! Please leave the builds below (gauge, ID, and # of wraps, along with what the resistance is) Thanks

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Any build with a resistance of .6-.9 OHms is recommended but I like .4-.7 myself.
I like Single Coil 26g/32g Kanthal Claptons with 9 Wraps in the Twisted Messes Mini.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any build with a resistance of .6-.9 OHms is recommended but I like .4-.7 myself.
Yeah, that's about where I like to be at with it, too.

Claptons are the best way to go. Gives all of that heat somewhere to go. It also keeps the wicking problems at bay. High-powered, fast-heating, self-wicking, high-surface area coils are what series does best. The wicking on standard coils can really hold you back in series. If you want full flavor with your hard-hitting vapor, that's the way to go. Personally, I like dual 38/28 between .6-.7 or dual 38/26 at around .55. Not the cloudiest vapes, but the flavor, speed, and texture are off the wall. With those, you can go as low as 2mm for your diameter.

I mean, you can do standard coils, too... ...you just need to keep the diameter at a minimum of 1/8". I've got some fierce 9/64" .37 dual 23's in my Mutation X V3 that can really toss some shit around, but it kills the flavor a good bit. You can go even lower in gauge if you want, but they're gonna reach a point where they're either gonna be huge/slow or generating stupid-high wattage. Assuming a voltage drop to 7.6 (which in my limited testing seems nominal for low-res builds with 25r's,) a .3 is yielding just short of 200w.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Exactly...with 8.4V which coil will heat up faster and burn through the juice to the cotton in a blink of an eye?
These:
Tiny Coils.jpg

Or These?

VaporCarps Cat Tracks  .jpg

Of Coarse these are not for Series but the Concept is the same when that amount of Voltage is applied...Build a Single Large Bulky Coil with a Higher Resistance for a Great Experience!

VU Sponsors