Become a Patron!

Seeking Testers for new Clearomizer

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,

I'm currently in the beta testing phase of our new clearomizer found here: http://www.unitedmachiningllc.com/UnitedCosmos-p/unitedccp.htm

It's the first prototype model so it does have problems that are talked about on our website. We are currently seeing if people like the design/ think it's a good idea to pursue and bring to market. It is priced as such. We are looking for as much feedback as possible to bring something great to the vape market.

Thank you to those that have and will help us!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are you offering these to test or for us to purchase your betas?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can give feedback right now. Some of my mods require a longer positive post than other mods. I've got one atomizer, in fact, that has a non-adjustable positive post that simply won't work with one of my mods; it's too short to make the connection. A longer, spring loaded or an adjustable positive post would be much better, imho.

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you offering these to test or for us to purchase your betas?

They are for beta testing but unfortunately I can't give them away due to the high costs of manufacture, therefore I charged what I deem is a fair amount.

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can give feedback right now. Some of my mods require a longer positive post than other mods. I've got one atomizer, in fact, that has a non-adjustable positive post that simply won't work with one of my mods; it's too short to make the connection. A longer, spring loaded or an adjustable positive post would be much better, imho.

The question becomes how long is unnecessary and is there a stick out length that would work with most everything? The trouble with consumer products is trying to get everything to interchange with everything else on the market, it's simply not possible so there's compromises to all designs. I COULD make it adjustable but it's yet another feature and added cost, I'd rather it stick out a fixed amount. This also gives the best positive connection possible but it's definitely something that needs thought put towards it.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Should have based design on Atlantis coil.
2. I think the air flow controller will be a problem sticking out the side like that. I see it getting broken off easily.

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1. Should have based design on Atlantis coil.
2. I think the air flow controller will be a problem sticking out the side like that. I see it getting broken off easily.

The intention with this clearomizer is to release a good clearomizer that isn't sub ohm so a beginner/ casual clearomizer if you will.

As for the air control, it would be very difficult to break it and I'm tired of seeing all the tanks look the same. I'm looking to bring an original design to the market and not copy everyone else, that's too boring for my liking.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The intention with this clearomizer is to release a good clearomizer that isn't sub ohm so a beginner/ casual clearomizer if you will.

As for the air control, it would be very difficult to break it and I'm tired of seeing all the tanks look the same. I'm looking to bring an original design to the market and not copy everyone else, that's too boring for my liking.
What are you estimating your final price to be?

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are you estimating your final price to be?

It will be in the $55-$60 range. I can't compete with the high volume products coming out of China price wise so the focus is on consistent quality and customer service.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Says list 59.99

laughdog_zpsztlqlqwt.gif

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It will be in the $55-$60 range. I can't compete with the high volume products coming out of China price wise so the focus is on consistent quality and customer service.
I understand the machining is what's causing the expense, but 50-60 dollars for a beginner device seems high. If you could have different bases for different coil types then might be a feasible tank option to more than just beginners.

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand the machining is what's causing the expense, but 50-60 dollars for a beginner device seems high. If you could have different bases for different coil types then might be a feasible tank option to more than just beginners.

The focus is to stay out of sub ohm territory with this tank in particular so I chose the best/ most accessible coil for the first clearomizer. Each coil completely changes the internal design of the tank so swapping coils in and out isn't easily done.

The price is what it is, a lot goes into it and I'd love to come down on the price but I'd have to sell thousands in order to do so.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried to but a couple but my browser (Chrome) wouldn't allow me todo so on an unsecured
connection (no https to protect CC users.

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried to but a couple but my browser (Chrome) wouldn't allow me todo so on an unsecured
connection (no https to protect CC users.

I had to renew my SSL which just lapsed. It should be better now, I'm not sure if it takes a couple days to go live or not.

I've already redesigned the airflow control, it no longer protrudes from the body. It's a bit of a bold design so hopefully people appreciate that I was trying to get away from the adjustable ring design.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the images on your site, the atty has either powder coated 510 threads, or they are anodized. Extremely poor electrical conductivity.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Different bases to accept different coils would be nice, although it wouldn't really be feasible with so many different coil styles available. A knob for adjusting the airflow is a new idea. Good that you fixed it so it wont protrude. I could see it snagging when inserting and removing your mod from a pocket, especially if useing a tube style mod.

Does it come with any coils?
I really do like testing new and prototype things and it is cheap enough that I would consider buying it to compare to my Nautilus and Atlantis, but not if I would also have to buy coils for it. Having to buy coils separately would be a waste to me after testing it since I don't often use tanks at the moment and the only coils I currently have are for the full sized Nautilus and Atlantis

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In the images on your site, the atty has either powder coated 510 threads, or they are anodized. Extremely poor electrical conductivity.

They are hard-coated and while hard-coat acts as an insulator we haven't had any problems in testing thus far.

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Different bases to accept different coils would be nice, although it wouldn't really be feasible with so many different coil styles available. A knob for adjusting the airflow is a new idea. Good that you fixed it so it wont protrude. I could see it snagging when inserting and removing your mod from a pocket, especially if useing a tube style mod.

I really do like testing new and prototype things and it is cheap enough that I would consider buying it to compare to my Nautilus and Atlantis, but not if I would also have to buy coils for it. Having to buy coils separately would be a waste to me after testing it since I don't often use tanks at the moment and the only coils I currently have are for the full sized Nautilus and Atlantis

It ends up being a foolish endeavor trying to make a product do as many as things as possible instead of focusing on making it as good as it can be around a central idea, that idea being to maximize the ability of the commonly available Nautilus mini coil.

It does come with a 1.8 ohm Nautilus mini coil installed.

dpolseno41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know if any of you watch Todd's reviews but here are his initial impressions with the clearomizer:

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is an interesting set up. I may look into getting one to compare to my Nautilus and Micro GDC.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The nautilus coil only comes in one physical size and works in both the mini and full size nautilus.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The nautilus coil only comes in one physical size and works in both the mini and full size nautilus.

oh, damn, I forgot all about that.
hmm, so this new tank that 'uses a nautilus mini coil' just uses the standard nautilus coil.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn it I want to grab one of these but the card I use to order stuff is locked! Fucking Google wallet card :(

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors