Become a Patron!

scorched 18650s

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The efest/LG HE2's are fantastic. I dont vape below .4 but for me and my vape style they perform just as good as my VTC5's. These things really hold voltage well. I am always amazed that they are almost drained and they hit the charger with usually 3.6v left on them with 0 bars.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, they seem pretty solid. I've mostly only been vaping on my Taifun though, and i haven't rebuilt it since the other day, and it's maybe a little less than an ideal build. I think my cellucotton wick is too dense. I just started using that stuff too.
Nice, I've been using cellucotton for months now, it's SOOO much easier for me to work with, and just tastes cleaner to me. I feel like the LG's have a more flat midrange, so to speak, than my VTC5's. They might have a tad less initial punch, but it's negligible, I just find myself draining them to 3.8 or so before I feel the need to switch, whereas I usually switched around 3.9 with the VTC's. I'm sure there are charts if I googled, don't have time ATM. Gotta work soon. Glad you're liking em.

End thread jack...you figure out your issues OP?

Reactions: jae

Liu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When troubleshooting a customer's problematic atty, I had an MNKE cell fire on a hard short.
Hot button, melted the wrapper on the negative end of the cell, I dumped the battery, let it cool, then put it in my LUC charger and monitored it all the way up to 4.2V.

It now has a pretty translucent orange wrapper to replace the one that melted back, and the cell is back in normal rotation. It's likely that the black marks aren't leaks, or even scorching (if you have enough heat to turn steel black, you've melted the wrapper.) It's probably juice under the wrapper, and when the battery got hot, it darkened, like the last little bit left in a tank is always darker than when you filled it.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When i originally read the post you're referring to, i though "OP... i wonder what... ah who cares" and only just this moment realized that i was the OP.

<--- DERP
Awesomeness! I feel in good company. Lol. ;)

lance.surface.3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the same problem , found out it over heated to long melted the insolator around positive and air screw... have to buy a rebuild kit.... good luck.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When in doubt about shorts...work your way back until it goes away.
Take off the cap.
Test.
Take out the coil.
Test.
Take out the center post/510 pin. Inspect insulator. The atty could also be going too far into the 510 connector and crushing the insulator in the mod. Losing the center pin may indicate this too.
Test.
If it fails with no center pin, the issue is with the plunger in the mod being off center or shorting, or atty 510 connector wall thickness and plunger connection issue.

Feel free to point out anything I missed.

One other add... if the center post insulator in the atty is the issue, I have succesfully used heat shrink tubing as a replacement. Sometimes it may take two pieces - one over the other to make it work and make it liquid tight. Use your imagination to configure a fix.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

This is all I can say about batteries. Use common sense and don't push a battery beyond its limits!

VU Sponsors