Become a Patron!

Science of Vaping - Eclipse Tank

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Hi all,

Recently I picked up a SOV eclipse tank and have been using it throughout the day on my MVP3. One thing I noticed right away is that the tank itself gets very warm to the touch after just a few hits. It gets uncomfortably warm. I'm using the 1ohm Atlantis coils at 26 watts and I'm wondering if this is too much power for that coil. Anyone out there with this tank that has experienced the same thing? BTW the eclipse produces very little flavor and vapor compared to the Atlantis. At more than double the cost of an Atlantis I expected a lot more.

On a separate note, I would not recommend this tank to my worst enemy not just because of poor performance but because of SOV as a company. The tank itself is well made using high quality materials; Pyrex glass, peek insulator, etc. But Science of Vaping has the absolutely ZERO customer support. I've emailed them 4 times for various things like purchase inquiries and customer support and they never respond. I went on their Facebook page last night and read multiple comments from people who were also pissed off from the lack of support. Someone from SOV responded to one of those comments and basically his reply was that they were busy making sales and launching new products and that's why they havnt responded to customer support issues. Will never do business with them again unless they change their business priorities and start responding to customers.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im glad i didnt buy it. I was looking into it and liked that it used the Atlantis coils. Looks beautiful also. Shame

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Im glad i didnt buy it. I was looking into it and liked that it used the Atlantis coils. Looks beautiful also. Shame

It really is a shame. I actually ordered some spare o-rings for the tank because with the way they do business I don't think this company will be around much longer. Got my spare o-rings today and of course they screwed up the order and did not send me the full set of o-rings! Each tank uses 4 O-rings and I only received 2 O-rings on one kit and 3 on other. I emailed them about this but I'm not holding my breath

Update: I emailed them yesterday and surprisingly they got back to me today. Said they will ship out the rest of the o-rings on Monday. We'll see if they come through and I'll update the thread if they do.

Last edited:

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Figured out why this tank was performing so miserably. The pin is incredibly short and the threads seem pretty short as well so it turns out that the tank isn't getting a solid connection on my mods that have a floating pin. I threw this tank on my IPV4 today with the adjustable pin and it hits so much harder and finally getting the right amount of vapor and flavor. Bummer it doesn't work on my MVP or my Vaporshark DNA40

VU Sponsors