Scam Alert! GC eCigs

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That would be why I couldn't see it then lol- well done for actually finding some information on them though. Did you manage to find an address or phone number?

I only ask as they could be running more than one page, and if people know the phone number or address they could avoid being scammed. I know buyer beware and all that, but if I was fairly new to vaping and saw a mech at that price, I would assume it was authentic.

I also gather as the website is running there are many people who have been stung, and they may not even realise. If it is their only mod, and are not buying any more, it may be nicer for them not to realise though, instead of knowing they have payed 10 times more for a mod than they should of.

Yeah mate, they are based in New Zealand and the phone number is: +61 457 319 581. The address I couldn't find unfortunately. I'm assuming they're an entirely online company.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That would be why I couldn't see it then lol- well done for actually finding some information on them though. Did you manage to find an address or phone number?

I only ask as they could be running more than one page, and if people know the phone number or address they could avoid being scammed. I know buyer beware and all that, but if I was fairly new to vaping and saw a mech at that price, I would assume it was authentic.

I also gather as the website is running there are many people who have been stung, and they may not even realise. If it is their only mod, and are not buying any more, it may be nicer for them not to realise though, instead of knowing they have payed 10 times more for a mod than they should of.

Anyone with only one mod probably won't be vaping long -- considering how these things go, especially clones. I had only one, when I first started... but I went from an eRoll to an Innokin, an iTaste vv3, which I ran all by itself for about a month.... but very few makers have the quality of Innokin -- and even if that vv3 had gone FUBAR, I'd have had the eRoll as backup, till I could get another "real" mod.

Andria

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone with only one mod probably won't be vaping long -- considering how these things go, especially clones. I had only one, when I first started... but I went from an eRoll to an Innokin, an iTaste vv3, which I ran all by itself for about a month.... but very few makers have the quality of Innokin -- and even if that vv3 had gone FUBAR, I'd have had the eRoll as backup, till I could get another "real" mod.

Andria

That is true, I was just thinking along the lines of either a new vaper, or someone who has just the one mod- I do know plenty of people that do this (I think we on the forums can be a bit excessive, not everyone gets the bug like we do lol).

Only one mod might not last them long though. Regarding clones, most of my mechs are clones, and I am very happy with them. The only ones I wasn't were my first mechs, two nemesis clones. They was bad- heat in the button, threads were awful, but I have found the rest to be great.

My regulated collection is a different story, they are all authentic bar one DNA40 squonker clone, which did break. With regulated mods I always get the authentic, as I feel safer with the genuine article.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah mate, they are based in New Zealand and the phone number is: +61 457 319 581. The address I couldn't find unfortunately.

mTBFLic.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is true, I was just thinking along the lines of either a new vaper, or someone who has just the one mod- I do know plenty of people that do this (I think we on the forums can be a bit excessive, not everyone gets the bug like we do lol).

Only one mod might not last them long though. Regarding clones, most of my mechs are clones, and I am very happy with them. The only ones I wasn't were my first mechs, two nemesis clones. They was bad- heat in the button, threads were awful, but I have found the rest to be great.

My regulated collection is a different story, they are all authentic bar one DNA40 squonker clone, which did break. With regulated mods I always get the authentic, as I feel safer with the genuine article.

Some on the forum do get excessive, having 50-100 mods.... But having 10-20 is just making CERTAIN that you always have something to vape, and that vaping is ALWAYS easier than running to the store for a pack of smokes -- anyone who's serious about staying off cigarettes really must make certain to always have a handy vape. Considering how prone this hardware is to "shit happens," 10-20 really isn't excessive, just insurance!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for cheap deals on Kbox Mini mods...
Want to pick up a couple more.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some on the forum do get excessive, having 50-100 mods.... But having 10-20 is just making CERTAIN that you always have something to vape, and that vaping is ALWAYS easier than running to the store for a pack of smokes -- anyone who's serious about staying off cigarettes really must make certain to always have a handy vape. Considering how prone this hardware is to "shit happens," 10-20 really isn't excessive, just insurance!

Andria
50-100 is for rookies ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria

I am quite happy, I don't fall into your definition of excessive- I only have 49 ;) lol.

But I do think having say 10 makes sure you can always stay vaping, or I assume so. I don't know how long a mod lasts on average, I have had an Xcube 2's screen fail and an IPV D2 with an autofire problem, but that is all I can really think of that has actually broken in the couple or few years I have been vaping. (EDIT: I did have 2 DNA200's, one dead on arrival, another a few weeks, both blown fuses, seemed a problem with the early boards but they was replaced by Evolv)

On a different note, I was shocked to see how much a pack of cigarettes are now here in England- up to £10 for a pack of 20! I realise now is a bit of a rough time over here for juice vendors with the TPD, and prices have gone up, but that is extortionate for smokers.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am quite happy, I don't fall into your definition of excessive- I only have 49 ;) lol.

But I do think having say 10 makes sure you can always stay vaping, or I assume so. I don't know how long a mod lasts on average, I have had an Xcube 2's screen fail and an IPV D2 with an autofire problem, but that is all I can really think of that has actually broken in the couple or few years I have been vaping. (EDIT: I did have 2 DNA200's, one dead on arrival, another a few weeks, both blown fuses, seemed a problem with the early boards but they was replaced by Evolv)

On a different note, I was shocked to see how much a pack of cigarettes are now here in England- up to £10 for a pack of 20! I realise now is a bit of a rough time over here for juice vendors with the TPD, and prices have gone up, but that is extortionate for smokers.
New York I hear they're up to $13, that's roughly 10 quid. Last time I checked where I live in Washington State they're around $10.

Insane and that is what we have to look forward to on juice if our Government has their way. Luckily I've got a few liters of 100mg nic stored in the freezer, so fuck'em

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Andria
Love how this statement justifies having 10-20 mods as just insurance lmao. I'm really new and could easily see this happening to me quick. But I think in hobbies people get some level of obsession/excessive and that's OK. I mean like you elegantly stated, this is getting 90% of us off smoking. If it takes buying 50 of this that and the other thing to do that I'm good with that.
My original point was I think you could have 3-5 mods and call it insurance. Anything over that is at least mildly excessive (but in a good kinda way lol)

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Love how this statement justifies having 10-20 mods as just insurance lmao. I'm really new and could easily see this happening to me quick. But I think in hobbies people get some level of obsession/excessive and that's OK. I mean like you elegantly stated, this is getting 90% of us off smoking. If it takes buying 50 of this that and the other thing to do that I'm good with that.
My original point was I think you could have 3-5 mods and call it insurance. Anything over that is at least mildly excessive (but in a good kinda way lol)

I might agree with that 3-5, except that this hardware really IS more prone to "shit happens" than ANYTHING else I've ever seen -- so if you have 3-5 mods, and one after another, they have some dysfunction? Are you gonna smoke? I spent 39 yrs with that fucking ball and chain, and after just a bit less than 3 yrs free of it, I STILL feel it's a miracle that I EVER got free -- I'm not willing to bet my freedom from smoking on 3-5 dysfunction-prone pieces of equipment. I feel enough anxiety about the fact that I have only 2 Achilles RDAs that work well and don't leak; they're titanium, so they'll probably have a decent lifespan, but NOTHING is "immortal", ande that's why I'm super-pissed at the mfr/vendor not making/providing them anymore, they're the only ones I really LOVE.

But, I have 16 mods, 2 of which are mechs, so even if the 14 regulated mods die and I can't get more thx to the FDA, I'll still be able to vape with those mechs. See it's also not just about hardware failure, but about the possibility of a future ban -- even if they don't call it a ban, this deeming shit effectively bans about 99% of everything that's currently available, and prevents anything new from hitting the market -- except those lame cigalikes that BT is making, which really don't count at all.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually the lame cigalikes do count some.
It is what got me off of cigs and many more like me as well.
They are better than no alternative at all.
But yes the FDA Deeming regs suck a big green weenie.
With that said I have around 30 mods. 2/3 of them are regulated.
I am also well stocked up on Nic, flavorings, wire, attys and spare parts for them, etc
My current stock of consumables would last me well over 1 year with no purchases at all.
And with hardware I am fixed for life not counting some batteries along.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People that use cigalikes do not tend to be on boards like this.
Most of us on here have progressed to the hobbyist level of vaping.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I might agree with that 3-5, except that this hardware really IS more prone to "shit happens" than ANYTHING else I've ever seen -- so if you have 3-5 mods, and one after another, they have some dysfunction? Are you gonna smoke? I spent 39 yrs with that fucking ball and chain, and after just a bit less than 3 yrs free of it, I STILL feel it's a miracle that I EVER got free -- I'm not willing to bet my freedom from smoking on 3-5 dysfunction-prone pieces of equipment. I feel enough anxiety about the fact that I have only 2 Achilles RDAs that work well and don't leak; they're titanium, so they'll probably have a decent lifespan, but NOTHING is "immortal", ande that's why I'm super-pissed at the mfr/vendor not making/providing them anymore, they're the only ones I really LOVE.

But, I have 16 mods, 2 of which are mechs, so even if the 14 regulated mods die and I can't get more thx to the FDA, I'll still be able to vape with those mechs. See it's also not just about hardware failure, but about the possibility of a future ban -- even if they don't call it a ban, this deeming shit effectively bans about 99% of everything that's currently available, and prevents anything new from hitting the market -- except those lame cigalikes that BT is making, which really don't count at all.

Andria
From that point of view I can completely understand where your coming from. To be honest I wasn't really disagreeing with you for the most part. I was just saying at that stage I fell like most people would consider it some level of excessive from the outside looking in. Then again were almost all coming off cigga-stinks and we all know the level of excessive obsession that goes on there!
I honestly feel like if things get banned to the point where you can't buy any kind of vape, having a bunch of back ups is a great idea. Also possibly learning the know how to put one together yourself. I mean like I keep saying I'm new here! Lol but I feel like putting together a decent mech mod isn't out of reach for almost anyone if needed. Maybe I'm wrong who knows...
Actually the lame cigalikes do count some.
It is what got me off of cigs and many more like me as well.
They are better than no alternative at all.
But yes the FDA Deeming regs suck a big green weenie.
With that said I have around 30 mods. 2/3 of them are regulated.
I am also well stocked up on Nic, flavorings, wire, attys and spare parts for them, etc
My current stock of consumables would last me well over 1 year with no purchases at all.
And with hardware I am fixed for life not counting some batteries along.
Great thing about most of the things in ejuice is its not going anywhere! Lol its in almost everying and I think it'll always be easy to get. Stocking up on nic seems like a great idea though!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used a cigalike at first too, and it's how I got to the point of quitting -- BUT, mine was an eRoll, because I needed to be able to choose my own ejuice -- none of the flavors of the disposable cigalikes suited me AT ALL, they tasted like eucalyptus (Fin) or pipe tobacco (Blu), NOT like a cigarette -- everyone said I wouldn't find an ejuice that tasted like a cigarette, but they were WRONG; the Virginia I got from MFS tasted so much like Virginia Slims, that sometimes when I'd hit it in the house, I'd be all, OMG I'm in the house! before realizing, I'm ALLOWED to do THIS in the house.

But having smokers who want to switch to vaping limited to only the flavors in disposables that someone else chooses, that is no way to be able to switch, and MANY won't be able to do it.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep I understand.
but not all cigalikes are sealed disposables.
I learned how to refill cartomizers in a week.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also possibly learning the know how to put one together yourself. I mean like I keep saying I'm new here! Lol but I feel like putting together a decent mech mod isn't out of reach for almost anyone if needed. Maybe I'm wrong who knows...

Building a mech mod wouldn't be difficult at all; building a regulated would require some knowledge of electronics, but a lot of folks have that. My husband is one of those "tool crazy" guys, so lately I've been talking up the benefits of acquiring some metal-working tools: maybe he could build me a clone of my Achilles clones. ;) :giggle:

Great thing about most of the things in ejuice is its not going anywhere! Lol its in almost everying and I think it'll always be easy to get. Stocking up on nic seems like a great idea though!

That's very true, and about ejuice, I have no qualms for the future, having 3 liters of nic in my freezer in brown glass bottles with polycone caps, inside taped-shut boxes -- that nic will last me about 30 yrs. :D (I'm almost 56, so 30 yrs is probably all I can reasonably hope for!). And even if nic doesn't disappear from consumer purchasing, it's bound to get more expensive -- everything does. Stockpiling it now protects against its future disappearance from the market, and also future price increases.

Andria

VU Sponsors