Become a Patron!

Salted. Caramel flavoring

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
looking for away to use this great flavor . Not sure where to put at or search to see if one is already on here ...
Salted caramel is a interesting flavor I haven't used often .

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Think food then think vape. Some quick ideas just by googling salted caramel: Cookies, cheesecake, apple pie, brownies, milkshake.

And now you have made me want to throw some in a cart at BCV...

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think I caused an epidemic of salted caramel
The possibilities !!!

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
looking for away to use this great flavor . Not sure where to put at or search to see if one is already on here ...
What make is it? I've been thinking about getting a salted caramel :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a Flavor West product, @amanda.brock.It can really be used in any recipe calling for caramel as it's a good choice in and of itself as salt is undetectable to most vapers. :)

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I make a custard everyone I know who vapes seems to like. I call it Salty Dog.

10% Vanilla Custard V1 CAP
3% Vanilla Classic FA
3% Bavarian Cream TFA
2% Salted Caramel FW
2% Brown Sugar TFA

I've tried to use other caramels but they just don't taste right. This is my highest percentage flavouring recipe!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

3% Vanilla Classic FA
3% Bavarian Cream TFA
2% Salted Caramel FW
2% Brown Sugar TFA

I've tried to use other caramels but they just don't taste right. This is my highest percentage flavouring recipe!

Looks to be a good one as many are using DDL in the Custards which I don't really care for.
The Salted Caramel is a good idea & the 2% Brown Sugar should help it out even more.

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks to be a good one as many are using DDL in the Custards which I don't really care for.
The Salted Caramel is a good idea & the 2% Brown Sugar should help it out even more.
Yup, my VC #1-#13 all have DDL and while I liked some of them they all lacked that something special which would elevate them from a number to a named recipe.

The brown sugar definitely adds a fresh baked flavour and seems to work really well in bringing out hidden notes in the Salted Caramel. I know some have said they can't taste any salted in the FW flavouring and maybe it's all in my head but I do taste the salt in this recipe.

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, my VC #1-#13 all have DDL and while I liked some of them they all lacked that something special which would elevate them from a number to a named recipe.

The brown sugar definitely adds a fresh baked flavour and seems to work really well in bringing out hidden notes in the Salted Caramel. I know some have said they can't taste any salted in the FW flavouring and maybe it's all in my head but I do taste the salt in this recipe.
I can too lol

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can taste it too, along with some sweetness maybe.
It's definitely there and SC is a pretty unique flavour that works really well in custards and dessert recipes.

I know the attempts I've made to substitute it in established recipes are less than successful.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's definitely there and SC is a pretty unique flavour that works really well in custards and dessert recipes.

I know the attempts I've made to substitute it in established recipes are less than successful.

I haven't really used it much yet, gonna have to try some different mixes out.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Made a Butterscotch Nonna's Cake with it that was decent.

15ml Mix, 70/30VG, 2mg NIC
FW Natural Butterscotch 7% (could maybe sub with TFA Butterscotch at the same amount)
FA Nonna's Cake 3%
FW Salted Caramel 2%
1 drop sweetener + 1 drop Stevia(diluted at 25%), (optional but seems to help get the Butterscotch sweeter like it should be)
(might try adding 0.5% Brown Sugar + 0.5% FA Marshmallow next time as this was a 1 time mix)

Needs a week to steep mostly because of the "Nonna's Cake".

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
looking for away to use this great flavor .

On 3-9-16, with my first round of Nonna's and/with " "..., I made this...

49/49/2DW 18mg VT base

3% Nonna's cake
6% FW Salted Caramel
1% FA Caramel

I'm vaping it now and it's good. 10 Days ago I shook & sniffed the bottle and got a very faint burnt aroma that's now gone. I get neither the caramel(s) or Nonna's as a prominent flavor. More a nice blend with both somewhat muted.

I'm thinking of cutting 10mls out and adding 2mls of base and 1% FA Espresso and .5-1% more Nonna's. Maybe a touch of Sweetner (TPA) also. Perhaps on a next batch I will drop the FA Caramel, lower the FW Salted Caramel and add some FW Caramel Candy.

Ron
---
" Well, you can't sit on a couch twenty hours a day and not learn something."- Peggy Bundy

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
looking for away to use this great flavor .

On 3-12-16 Using FW Salted Caramel, I made the following variation of RocketPuppy's Caramel Apple
( http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rocketpuppys-caramel-apple.64283/ )

49/49/2DW 18mg NN base

2% FA Fuji
1% INW Two Apples
1.5% FA Vienna Cream
.5% FA Caramel
3.3% FW Salted Caramel
.5% FW Caramel Candy
1% FA Marshmallow
.25% FA Coconut
.25% FA White Peach

I tried this yesterday and found it A very good, well balanced & enjoyable vape. Easily recognizable caramel apple flavor. Certainly a VERY Major part of that is due to the RocketPuppy recipe!

Since I like eating caramel apples with nuts, my next go will cut the above FA Vienna Cream amount in 1/2 and add 1.8% INW Salted Peanuts flavor.

Ron
---
"We will produce a chemically pure and stable product that performs as advertised. ." - Walter White

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is one of my ADV, very yummy. Minimum 2 week steep....amazing at 4.

White Chocolate Salted Caramel Ice Cream :

1% Brown Sugar (TPA)
5% Caramel Candy (FW)
3% Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
1% Golden Butter (CAP)
1% Salted Caramel (FW)
6% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)
2% White Chocolate (TPA)

Flavor total: 19%

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/5690?exclsingle=0&filter=0&sort=score&direction=desc#recipes

A few recipes there using it :) it does contain some acetoin though if you have an aversion to it - personally don't but know some do :)

3% Vanilla Classic FA
3% Bavarian Cream TFA
2% Salted Caramel FW
2% Brown Sugar TFA

Made a Butterscotch Nonna's Cake with it that was decent.

15ml Mix, 70/30VG, 2mg NIC
FW Natural Butterscotch 7% (could maybe sub with TFA Butterscotch at the same amount)
FA Nonna's Cake 3%
FW Salted Caramel 2%
1 drop sweetener + 1 drop Stevia(diluted at 25%), (optional but seems to help get the Butterscotch sweeter like it should be)
(might try adding 0.5% Brown Sugar + 0.5% FA Marshmallow next time as this was a 1 time mix)

Needs a week to steep mostly because of the "Nonna's Cake".
On 3-9-16, with my first round of Nonna's and/with " "..., I made this...

49/49/2DW 18mg VT base

3% Nonna's cake
6% FW Salted Caramel
1% FA Caramel

I'm vaping it now and it's good. 10 Days ago I shook & sniffed the bottle and got a very faint burnt aroma that's now gone. I get neither the caramel(s) or Nonna's as a prominent flavor. More a nice blend with both somewhat muted.

I'm thinking of cutting 10mls out and adding 2mls of base and 1% FA Espresso and .5-1% more Nonna's. Maybe a touch of Sweetner (TPA) also. Perhaps on a next batch I will drop the FA Caramel, lower the FW Salted Caramel and add some FW Caramel Candy.

Ron
---
" Well, you can't sit on a couch twenty hours a day and not learn something."- Peggy Bundy
This is one of my ADV, very yummy. Minimum 2 week steep....amazing at 4.

White Chocolate Salted Caramel Ice Cream :

1% Brown Sugar (TPA)
5% Caramel Candy (FW)
3% Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
1% Golden Butter (CAP)
1% Salted Caramel (FW)
6% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)
2% White Chocolate (TPA)

Flavor total: 19%
Thank you for sharing, everyone!!

VU Sponsors