Become a Patron!

??'s for Managerial applicants

Hi, i was wondering if any you have some top 10 or 15 questions regarding vaping you would ask an applicant? Please do not respond with Experience and other obv questions. I have also been told to make sure that the employees should also be builders. Is this neccesry? Thank you for all the help

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
  • Please tell me about your view of customer service
  • What is more important: A satisfied customer, or a repeat customer? (trick question)
  • What is the percentage of nicotine in a 18 Mg/Ml bottle of eJiuce?
  • What wire is higher in resistance: 28 Gauge Kanthal, or 28 Gauge Nickel (Ni200).
  • Can you calculate the lowest safe resistance of an atomizer with a 20 ampere battery, please show me.
  • Do you like Raspberry Jello Shots? (after the interview at the Bar)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't give you specifics, but more generalities - and @Zamazam covered several of my points well.

What do they know about ohm's law, and how it relates to coil building and battery safety? I wouldn't expect them to build advanced alien-dragon-clapton-fusion-chickenwire coils, but if you were to say "I'm wrapping 26 gauge wire 6 times around a 2.5 mm bit, what should I expect it ohm out to on a single and dual coil?" that would be a reasonable question to expect an answer to. If they whip out a phone app to calculate I wouldn't fault them, but there should be something more than a blank stare looking back at you.

Quiz them on mechanical mod safety, particularly as it relates to hybrid cap mods and contact pin protrusion. This has been the #1 source of exploding mods lately, and you don't want someone that's going to set one of your customers up with a potential pipe bomb for obvious reasons.

See what they know about how different nic levels correspond to former smoking habits, and ask how they'd counsel a non-smoker on choosing a nic level. My personal preference is to deter non-smoking hobbyists from using nicotine at all, though you may have different thoughts.

Include an open-ended question as to what they'd recommend for a new vaper. See if they start questioning the user's intentions and goals or just shoot for the product they're most familiar with or that has the highest profit margin...the latter are folks to avoid.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If its a chick..what size bra do you wear? Is a great question.:)..but seriously, knowing nicotine and ohms law can be the most important for a shop as well as knowing what are safe batteries and what are junk.

If i walk into a shop and buy a mech mod and the person behind the counter tried to sell me an efest 35 amp battery and tells me i can use it down to .2 with a fancy coil then ill walk out empty handed pretty much and would never recommend them to anyone new to vaping who doesnt know any better.

Knowing batteries is as important as ohms law and knowing nic levels...There are really only a handful of recommended batteries for use in most all mods...If its not made by SONY, SAMSUNG OR LG then is probably a re wrap with false advertising on it that can give your shop a bad reputation.

Nic levels i can give an example for..Customer walks in and says they are new to vaping and want a subohm set up...you sell them say a kanger subox mini kit...they need juice now....The last customer that walked in bought a kanger evod starter kit and bought some 18mg juice...So is this the same nic level you would try to sell to the customer buying the subohm kit?..hope not.

There is alot of different circumstances to making a decision for someone..Ultimately you want a return customer who trusts in your sales persons/management judgement.

Maybe send these possible managers here to VU and we can give them a shake down and see who would better fit the position.:)

In all honesty you should know these things as well being the owner...just sayin:)

Last edited:
well all in all ,you are far better off learning all this stuff yourself first ,,relying on emps to know their stuff is kinda ,,ah,, well,,, bad business .no telling where and what they learned\know and if it is really accurate or not

they are representing you and your business ,

Yes, thank you!!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how long can you hold your breath
can you work a cash register
can you pop a new pre built coil into a sub ohm tank....you got the job........that's what vaping has turned into ........

how long can you hold your breath
can you work a cash register
can you pop a new pre built coil into a sub ohm tank....you got the job........that's what vaping has turned into ........
That is what I am trying to avoid. The other da I walked into a B&M in a pinch and the kid working just sat there fking the whole time. Then his friend answered all my questions. I will not be going back there.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
let's face it most vapers learned 100 times more from vaping forums and youtube videos than any hoser in a B&M.....most all of them are drippers or sub-hm tanks guys none of them can build a genny, know anything about squonking,DIY juice making,ceramic wicks, mesh building,more advanced coil builds for drippers, or lots of stuff .....they know enough to shill whatever merchandise the owner stocks.....
and perhaps in fairness that's all they need to know....even when the first B&M opened they were crowded with people PAYING them to build set ups in their drippers...people wouldn't even bother to learn to build a simple dual coil set up in a dripper...if you vaped a genny you were on your own ...you had to do it yourself because none of the B&M guys could do it....it only stands to reason that these prebuilt coil tanks are going to become the norm for people....I go into a vape shop now I don't recognize vaping anymore.....nobody seems interested in rebuilding anymore..I run into guys that were drippers and they,v given up building they just like poping a coil in.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd hire most of the guys that posted here. Was this their interview and they didn't know it?

VU Sponsors