Become a Patron!

Rubber Taste

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Been vaping about three years. Started with Halo Triton and now Joyetech Evic temp control. Used the tank included with both the titanium coil then nickel. Both flooded. So, am now using a Kanger subtank. Love it. Vaping 17 watts with a 0.50 coil. Then the taste is coming through like rubber. Tried several temps and still rubber. Only put the new coil in two days ago. Really do not want to start a new coil as it is 1.5. Waiting for nickel coils to come. Any one else ever experienced a rubber taste? I never had before.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You primed the coils first, right, by pouring a few drops of juice inside it before installing?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been vaping about three years. Started with Halo Triton and now Joyetech Evic temp control. Used the tank included with both the titanium coil then nickel. Both flooded. So, am now using a Kanger subtank. Love it. Vaping 17 watts with a 0.50 coil. Then the taste is coming through like rubber. Tried several temps and still rubber. Only put the new coil in two days ago. Really do not want to start a new coil as it is 1.5. Waiting for nickel coils to come. Any one else ever experienced a rubber taste? I never had before.
Check your O rings on the subtank and make sure that one has not fallen apart , deteriorated etc

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yes. I always prime. It's not uncommon for my new coils to taste a bit 'cottonly' until broken in but I have never gad a rubber taste before. It comes and goes with this coil.

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
It's brand new. I disassembled and checked before using.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have many kanger tanks all good but one a nano it has that rubber flavor lol no matter what I did it still had that flavor. Beleve me I tried everything cause I liked the looks and holds a lot for the size. I even replaced the o rings, coils used different size wires cleaned it out many times soaked it no matter what I did it had rubber. I do use lite flavors so if there is a problem like this I would catch it. I did notice the bottom tank o ring is right in line with the cotton sticking out of the coil. Crazy I know.

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I see a new tank purchase in the horizon. Thanks Wally.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have many kanger tanks all good but one a nano it has that rubber flavor lol no matter what I did it still had that flavor. Beleve me I tried everything cause I liked the looks and holds a lot for the size. I even replaced the o rings, coils used different size wires cleaned it out many times soaked it no matter what I did it had rubber. I do use lite flavors so if there is a problem like this I would catch it. I did notice the bottom tank o ring is right in line with the cotton sticking out of the coil. Crazy I know.
So bacially this thing was a Rubber Fucker? :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I somehow feel left out.. I have melted Tanks I have had mods burn up in my hands,burned, poisoned, and more. I have tasted about every nasty thing one can imagine associated with vaping but I have not tasted rubber.

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
It's the full size Kanger sub tank - 4 ml. Was a fantastic taste for about two days then every so many hits that rubber taste. Will try the nickel coils 0.95 when they come to see if it's the tank. I hope not. I like this tank.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's the full size Kanger sub tank - 4 ml. Was a fantastic taste for about two days then every so many hits that rubber taste. Will try the nickel coils 0.95 when they come to see if it's the tank. I hope not. I like this tank.
Did you wash this tank out with Dawn etc? or just rinse it? I have a feeling it is that coil but never know.. just some thoughts

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I somehow feel left out.. I have melted Tanks I have had mods burn up in my hands,burned, poisoned, and more. I have tasted about every nasty thing one can imagine associated with vaping but I have not tasted rubber.
Yea it was the only time I ever had one do this too. There is a rubber o ring that sits inside of the coils so I even removed this thinking it would flood it did not but I still had a rubber flavor. Like I said the only thing is I use lite flavors so maybe I noticed it when others have not.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I soaked the sucker with alcohol over night and rinsed it several times still rubber. like I said I did everything plus

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Sad. I like the tank. I'm a flavor taster. If the taste is off I don't want to vape. But, I never want to go back to smoking.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried the melo 2 and I love that thing it holds 4.5 ml and can be rebuild and especially like the top side filler very easy to fill this thing. sweet vapes sells them. And great flavor.

VU Sponsors