Become a Patron!

Rootbeer

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a couple recipes for root beer. I hope they pan out! I will be using less than 8% though. It's gotten kinda strong throughout the day for me.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I rarely throw away any flavoring, because you never know when a version you don't especially like might be ideal for some recipe.
But I threw out every other "root beer" flavoring I had some time ago and kept only Tasty Puff's version.
How about you who have tried it - toss your others yet?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I only tossed one from my cart. This is the only one I've had. I made this up on Sunday night, vaped it all day yesterday (except when it landed in the fridge by accident). It was pretty powerful yesterday. It's mellowed out a bit more today. Just wanted to share that with everyone.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed it up last night and forgot to fill my tank this morning :oops:

Not only do I not have rootbeer, I'm going to have to go out at lunch and pick up a small bottle of something from somewhere just to get me through the day.

Doh!

I mixed it straight at 6%, and made a second batch at 5% with 2% FA Vienna Cream.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That kinda sucks. But it's cool that you can stop somewhere easily. I keep a back up bottle in my purse. Used it last night, too.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally carry some extras, but was in a hurry this morning and completely blew it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I rarely throw away any flavoring, because you never know when a version you don't especially like might be ideal for some recipe.
But I threw out every other "root beer" flavoring I had some time ago and kept only Tasty Puff's version.
How about you who have tried it - toss your others yet?

nopes.. i have the tfa tp cap and now nicvapes.. i did not get fw.. so..

but i like them all..

next will try layering them in with some sassafras and some other goodies :D

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I gave in and ordered some from eBay. 1oz bottle for $7.50. Not bad!! I love how they put spray bottle tops on them and sell as a scent. Tricky!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
that is due to them primarily being a spray "scent" for cigs and other roll your own types.. :)

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Cavediver and @Heabob.... what say you?
Soooo....
I finally filled a tank last night. I've been letting it steep for the last week. Uh, yeah, that's it. It had nothing to do with me being lazy and too busy. No, really...

Anyhow, I filled up a Kayfun clone with my 5% + 2%Vienna Cream mix, and whaddaya know? It tastes like a root beer cream soda! I'm coming down with a cold or something and everything is a little muted, but so far I'm pretty happy with this recipe. If I were to change anything right now, I'd add 1% more root beer to bring it out as the lead flavor; as it stands it's almost like a half-and-half mix.

I'll vape this all day today, and tonight I'll load up with the plain version and see if 6% is strong enough for me as a stand-alone.

One thing I think I've noticed: there seems to be a bit of bite or harshness in this juice that's not present in most of my others. It seems to contribute to the carbonation feel one gets from good root beer, but I'm not sure I like it. I'm using the same nic as what's in my other active tank (HIC's Vanilla-Lime Cheesecake).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It definitely has a bite to it. I mixed it up with a couple other things a few days later and it took over at a very low %. Still good, no doubt.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Since it's not so easily available (dang ecx...discontinuing my favorite root beer and NF ginger, too?), I've been rationing mine. If you like plain Vienna Cream a lot like I do, mix it standalone and add just a little root beer (I had <3% Vienna with <1% Root Beer). Mmm, also good - like root beer flavored ice cream. My next bottle will be the big one, even if I do have to go to fleabay for it.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This was a hit for my sister in law as well. YAY!
I just mixed a stand alone at 8% to get her feedback first.
First hit her eyes lit up. :)

When I asked her if it was strong enough...
she said it might could use a little more but it was good. o_O

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Ld3441, I've been playing around with a few ideas for this one. Those mixes I've used it at 1 and 2% and it still pretty much takes over the other flavorings. Don't get me wrong, this is a good root beer! When I get this figured out, I'll post them. One mix did mellow some for a more even balance. I'll get this. I'm determined! They're kinda fun.

VU Sponsors