Become a Patron!

Roommate's surprise.

JeremiahWinchester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So here's the deal. I'm trying to help my roommate quit smoking, like i have. I don't usually ask for help with things like this, but i'm in a bind. I've been letting him share my vape for a few weeks when we're around each other, and it's helped him a lot! He's down to a few cigs a day now, which is awesome (seeing as how he's been smoking for almost ten years now)! I've brought up the idea of buying him one, because he doesn't have any cash to throw around. But i don't either. So i'm just putting it out there. It would be awesome if someone could help out with a little dripper or something small like that. I'm hard pressed to be able to afford juice for myself, let alone an entire rig for him! I think it would be really cool if i just walked in one day and tossed it to him like: "Hey. I found this in the post box earlier and thought you needed it...by the way, we were out of eggs, so i got some of those too..."

JeremiahWinchester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah. i get that. I just found this awesome place a few hours ago! I've been showing him the ropes on mine, from what i've gleaned from others. I'm planning to get him on here. And i hope to be an avid member, too! It's just when i saw there was a PIF minded group on here, i was like "i should see if they can help!" :p I don't mean to act needy or anything like that. :) Just trying to help my buddy out.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you vaping on?
So your roommate who is trying to quit smoking is going to directly start on a dripper?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. i get that. I just found this awesome place a few hours ago! I've been showing him the ropes on mine, from what i've gleaned from others. I'm planning to get him on here. And i hope to be an avid member, too! It's just when i saw there was a PIF minded group on here, i was like "i should see if they can help!" :p I don't mean to act needy or anything like that. :) Just trying to help my buddy out.
We have to watch for scamming here, I am sure you understand:)

JeremiahWinchester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using a Kennedy Pro (probably clone) on a Buster mod??? that i got off one of my friends a bit back. Just a basic dual coil build for right now. But yeah, he'd be starting on a dripper. He really likes it, and has used pens before that he doesn't care too much for. So even though he's new to vaping, he's not NEW NEW to it. Does that make any sense?

JeremiahWinchester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We have to watch for scamming here, I am sure you understand:)
I gotcha. ;) And understand completely. I'm just kind of new to trying to be an active member of pretty much any forum. Plus, my "web etiquette" is lacking, because i didn't have much access to these newfangled interactive TV thingys for a long time. :p And by that, i mean i was in a low income house that didn't have internet. Now i'm outta there, and on my way to internet competency!!! :p

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You say he was using pen-style prior to trying yours, I assume that was keeping him off the cigs, but now he wants to upgrade after trying your set up. I don't feel it is fair of you to ask us to help with his upgrade, if he was able to afford the pen-style, maybe he might want to stick with those until he can save up enough to buy his own upgrade. That's just me.

JeremiahWinchester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You say he was using pen-style prior to trying yours, I assume that was keeping him off the cigs, but now he wants to upgrade after trying your set up. I don't feel it is fair of you to ask us to help with his upgrade, if he was able to afford the pen-style, maybe he might want to stick with those until he can save up enough to buy his own upgrade. That's just me.
He's just used some friends' setups in passing for the most part. He HAD a pen a while back, but it got busted up.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might keep an eye open for some of the contests we have here. I've won a few starter kits that I've given to friends starting out from these contests. If you have free time we have pod cast shows that reward viewer by giving freebees to people that are watching.

JeremiahWinchester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might keep an eye open for some of the contests we have here. I've won a few starter kits that I've given to friends starting out from these contests. If you have free time we have pod cast shows that reward viewer by giving freebees to people that are watching.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for that! We actually got it all sorted out today! A family member of Josh's heard us talking about him wanting to quit smoking, and she offered to buy one for him!!! :D Thank you all for the helping words!!!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for that! We actually got it all sorted out today! A family member of Josh's heard us talking about him wanting to quit smoking, and she offered to buy one for him!!! :D Thank you all for the helping words!!!
Glad to hear it worked out! I was going to offer up a bolt semi mechanical if you paid shipping. Nothing wonderful but I don't use it and money is tight for me as well.

JeremiahWinchester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad to hear it worked out! I was going to offer up a bolt semi mechanical if you paid shipping. Nothing wonderful but I don't use it and money is tight for me as well.
Well, i appreciate the offer anyhow man! :) It should be bought and in his hand within a month. :) He's as stoked as i am about it!

VU Sponsors