Become a Patron!

Reviewers overpricing their products?

Mtorres

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why is it that reviewers get into the business of selling juices or merchandise and overprice customers? Example: Ruby Roo: $22 for 30 mls of juice. Really? The new RDA from GrimmGreen: $60. Do they really think that we are going to buy their products and pay those prices just because they have their names on them? Maybe they are so used to getting hundreds of dollars in free merchandise that they have forgotten the real value of vaping products. Vapers are gravitating towards responsible companies like Higgycigs and TMaxx that offer excellent products at very reasonable prices. At least I do. I would like to know your opinion on this.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do they really think that we are going to buy their products and pay those prices
I'd have to say yes, because people still do pay those prices.

I'm with YOU, though, I just won't pay top dollar for stuff that, to me, is no better than lower priced stuff. I'm very happy with my vape experience to this point and haven't paid an arm or leg for any of it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why is it that reviewers get into the business of selling juices or merchandise and overprice customers? Example: Ruby Roo: $22 for 30 mls of juice. Really? The new RDA from GrimmGreen: $60. Do they really think that we are going to buy their products and pay those prices just because they have their names on them? Maybe they are so used to getting hundreds of dollars in free merchandise that they have forgotten the real value of vaping products. Vapers are gravitating towards responsible companies like Higgycigs and TMaxx that offer excellent products at very reasonable p
M .prices. At least I do. I would like to know your opinion on this.

I'm a very budget oriented vapor but I will pay for quality when warranted. I don't think any ejuice is worth $20+ for a 30ml but I've had Ruby Roo's juice and I'd put it up against any of the other outrageously priced juices out there. As for Grimms RDA, it's not for me but I don't think the price tag is too high. One of the guys at the shop I frequent in VA had one and I was pretty impressed by the fit and finish.

The machining is great, the steel is thick and the over all finish seemed flawless. Considering it comes with two barrels (which I see as unnecessary but a lot of people seem to like) I think the price is about right. I'm not a fan boy of either of them, just giving my opinion. To be honest, unless it was something I just had to have, I'd feel kinda silly owning a piece of hardware with some YouTube douche bags name on it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
when reviewers start making their own juice lines, mod lines and atty's, they need to get out of the review business due to perceived bias, real or not.

dscl

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agreed and sadly most of them are putting their name on something now.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes people buy crappy expensive shiny on the outside stuff all the time.
That's how branding works.

Personally even if I liked a device, if it was reviewer branded it would make me not buy it.
Like this for example wtf
wotofo_twisted_tripple_twisted420_mechanical_box_mod_black_authentic_2__1.jpg

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes people buy crappy expensive shiny on the outside stuff all the time.
That's how branding works.

Personally even if I liked a device, if it was reviewer branded it would make me not buy it.
Like this for example wtf
wotofo_twisted_tripple_twisted420_mechanical_box_mod_black_authentic_2__1.jpg
Plus everyone watching you from afar would think you're a Ninja Turtles fan :D

2000px-Tmnt-logo.svg.png

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I LOVE RBAvapor rdas. I bought two at full price and two on VU. I would only have one if I didn't like the first I bought. Guess it's in what you like.

VU Sponsors