Repairing a tablet's volume buttons

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Does anyone here have experience doing this? I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, but I don't want to mess up my tablet either.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
I would recommend one of those cell phone repair shops that specialize in micro-electronic component repair. They have the proper equipment to remove screens and replace those tiny components.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I would recommend one of those cell phone repair shops that specialize in micro-electronic component repair. They have the proper equipment to remove screens and replace those tiny components.

Cool. About how much would it cost do you think?

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
I am sure a lot less than anywhere else... Find a local shop and give them a call :)

five.five-six

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 2 kids with 7" tablets,I have had to take them appart to fix them many times (the tablets, not the kids) and I have had a lot of sucsess and I also have a small pile of tablets that I can't fix.... thos kids are so ... well, they are kids LOL. Have you seen the prices on new tablets? I don't think those cellphone places will touch anything for under $50.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I bought my tablet for $120 so the repair is almost half of what I'd pay to get a new one. Unless I use my tablet to make me some money, I guess it won't hurt to go into the menu to change volumes. It just sucks that I can't take screenshots.

VU Sponsors