Repair clues for Istick 100W fire button?

Discussion in 'Performance Modifications' started by RottenArrow, Dec 15, 2016.

1. RottenArrow

RottenArrow New Member

Blog Posts:
    Some have problems with accidentally firing fire button with Isticks. I have opposite fault: it wont fire at all.

I just dismantled the device for pieces and cleaned both connection surfaces (button and connect studs) with isopropanol and reassembled my Istick. No help :/ All wires seems to be where they should be and everything seems to be clean and in order (don't understand enough how to investigate circuit board itself). Should I try to add some more parts (what material, some metal??) between the fire button pin and circuit board pin be a solution? Any advice what to try? Similar problems others?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Lefty

Lefty Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Could just be a dead board. Can you 5 click the mod on and off? If so the button is working. If not it's probably time to move on to another mod. With inexpensive China mods any repair past a good clean becomes problematical (I keep a can of CRC QD Electronic Cleaner on hand. Designed for electronics and dries quickly). Less expensive and aggravating to simply replace it with something newer.

SirRichardRear likes this.
  3. MrScaryZ

MrScaryZ VU Donator Platinum Contributor

Blog Posts:
    can you solder?

4. DevAuto

DevAuto Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    If it's not firing, it's likely not worth trying to fix it, unless you want to try for the learning experience. If you just want to do it to vape, you are better off buying a new mod with as cheap as they are now.