Become a Patron!

Relentless burnt taste

I've been driven mad with this issue.
Everytime I try taking a hit, i get a burnt taste.
I have an eleaf ijust s with 0.3 ohm resistor that has needed a coilhead change. So i change the coil with a new one, I let it soak, and after a puff or two I get this shit taste, and I can't get it to go away, I tried cleaning the coil with filtered water, I changed the juice several times, and each and every new coil gives me the same shitty taste.
Please help, vaping was so enjoyable up untill now.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the coil is cleaned with water it will have to dry for a couple of days in open air before reuse.
Water does not vaporize well in a atty.

Did you put a few drops of juice down the throat of the coil?

If the coil is cleaned with water it will have to dry for a couple of days in open air before reuse.
Water does not vaporize well in a atty.

Did you put a few drops of juice down the throat of the coil?
I usually let it prime for 20-30 minutes, and will try to do it now, once more with a new coilhead. I'll be back

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know it may sound a bit different and sometimes different can work. Next time you need to clean coils, try letting them soak overnight in a small container of say 80 proof vodka. The vodka will fire right off after a few pulses. You are not going to get inebriated off of any trace left on the coil/s as you vape. I used to do this when using tanks. Granted I kind of lack a sense of taste. One can still get a 'sense' of an off 'taste' though from firing an atomizer and taking a hit from it. This vodka 'trick' helped me quite a few times. Hope it can help you. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have cleaned a coil that wasn't burned with water and because e-Liquid is water soluble it mixes right away in my experience. Just blow it out before priming and filling. But keep in mind once the cotton is burned the coil is done for.

VU Sponsors