inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
http://breazy.com/products/kanger-dripbox-160w-starter-kit

Dripbox_160w_starter_kit.jpg
I'll have to try one once they are readily available....looks interesting anyway.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the original Dripbox - single cell and semi-mechanical but regulated to under 60 watts. The thing is, quite frankly, junk - but for $30 it was a great feeler mod that let me decide for less than $200 that I'm totally into BF and want something better. While I'd maybe consider a Kanger regulated squonker (I know the price is going to be right) I have a couple Kbox 120s and can verify the board is also crap, especially useless if you want to use it in TC mode - again, for I think $32 when Breazy was running an intro pre-order what can you expect?

That said for tanking I've been using the Kbox in wattage mode a lot lately - much more compact than any of my other dual-cell mods, though this Reuleaux-style with the bottle where the third cell would go seems anything but pocket-friendly.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most of my squonkers are regulated, I don't bother with TC because I squonk unconsciously, don't even think about it most of the time. I can't remember the last time I got a dry hit. I'd like to use more than a DNA 40 at times. For half the price of anything even close to 160 watts I'll give it a shot for the price. I'm sure they will be less than that when their in stock for awhile.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of my squonkers are regulated, I don't bother with TC because I squonk unconsciously, don't even think about it most of the time. I can't remember the last time I got a dry hit. I'd like to use more than a DNA 40 at times. For half the price of anything even close to 160 watts I'll give it a shot for the price. I'm sure they will be less than that when their in stock for awhile.
I've found the preorders there usually beat the market by 15-20%, but they take fookin' forever to show up. Once the device is actually released expect the price to jump (though you'll probably be able to buy it for a few bucks more once it's actually out and have it way faster), then give it another couple months for prices to start falling.

That said, I'm on the waiting train - if nothing better comes out sub-$100 by the time this thing hits $60 I'll give it a shot.

karmakatie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had the Dripbox 160 since Tuesday, I LOVE the device but hate the atty, I ended up putting on a Velocity mini and now it's an amazing vape!! I have also tried the RM2 (Reosmods) , the Chalice 3, Atomic and the cyclone eveything makes contact and vapes like crazy :)

Note on the atty that comes with it, the MTL and the lung are both crap you must like driptips in the cuff cap size range as there is no DT option. the airholes are to high up and hard tp get a tasty vape from it, spitback protector on mine will not stay in place long enough to even try it. It is a good thing I already have many choices for bottom fed attys or I would be pretty disgruntled.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had the Dripbox 160 since Tuesday, I LOVE the device but hate the atty, I ended up putting on a Velocity mini and now it's an amazing vape!! I have also tried the RM2 (Reosmods) , the Chalice 3, Atomic and the cyclone eveything makes contact and vapes like crazy :)

Note on the atty that comes with it, the MTL and the lung are both crap you must like driptips in the cuff cap size range as there is no DT option. the airholes are to high up and hard tp get a tasty vape from it, spitback protector on mine will not stay in place long enough to even try it. It is a good thing I already have many choices for bottom fed attys or I would be pretty disgruntled.
The first Dripbox's RDA sucked too! I'm still waiting on my 160W to arrive. However, the RDA will be replaced as well.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just stumbled into this thread, and I don't see any mention of the Steam Crave Squonk Box. What do you guys think of that one?
Meehhh! It works, but not the best electronics. Unless you do, like someone here in the forum did, and put a DNA200 board and a LiPo in it.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Meehhh! It works, but not the best electronics. Unless you do, like someone here in the forum did, and put a DNA200 board and a LiPo in it.
Thanks for the input. Currently available bundled with the Aromamizer V RDA for $79, but I'll pass on it if the electronics aren't that good.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Glad to hear it!
I'm currently awaiting a FT order (6/8) for one but expected an abysmal RDA, not wanting to ruin the real deal I got an Origen v3 clone to attempt BF modding either by slotting or drilling. Along with it a Velocity clone as it comes with a squonking pin to take advantage of higher wattage envelop. Should be enough kit to decide whether to invest further in squonking.

Based of Pbusardo's review the mod looks promising especially if Kanger follows the trend of rushing products out with unpolished software then rectifying with updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad to hear it!
I'm currently awaiting a FT order (6/8) for one but expected an abysmal RDA, not wanting to ruin the real deal I got an Origen v3 clone to attempt BF modding either by slotting or drilling. Along with it a Velocity clone as it comes with a squonking pin to take advantage of higher wattage envelop. Should be enough kit to decide whether to invest further in squonking.

Based of Pbusardo's review the mod looks promising especially if Kanger follows the trend of rushing products out with unpolished software then rectifying with updates.

I don't trust em. There was supposed to be updates for the kbox too. Smfh

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I got the unregulated (sort of) drip box a couple of days ago I didn't even bother to look at the atty. I just reached out for my velocity mini and my Narda clone and that was that! Will definitely get the 160 soon..looks like very good value for money, even if you're not going to use the TC function at all.

John Starz

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When I got the unregulated (sort of) drip box a couple of days ago I didn't even bother to look at the atty. I just reached out for my velocity mini and my Narda clone and that was that! Will definitely get the 160 soon..looks like very good value for money, even if you're not going to use the TC function at all.

Just a question regarding the Narda clone, do you know if its possible to replace the bottom pit with the bottom feed pin from the RDA the kangertech 60w dripbox came with?

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't looked at the Kanger atty at all to tell you the truth so I don't know. Will take a look and get back to you.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems the Kanger 160 is problematic when it comes to reading resistance. Does anybody know if the Movkin is any better?

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any squonks for the dripbox 60wats?
It's ok at .6 ohms-
I never touched the extra squonker yet

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any squonks for the dripbox 60wats?
It's ok at .6 ohms-
I never touched the extra squonker yet

I use dual 24g 316L 8wraps 3mm ID, reads .18ish. Good vape

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yep, I'm waiting on the 160. Did you mod the velocity mini for BF? On my velocity clone the pin is hollow with a grub screw to "BF" it but the mini's are solid copper. That said I have BF modded Origens & nectars without much trouble by simply slotting the screw and insulator.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, I'm waiting on the 160. Did you mod the velocity mini for BF? On my velocity clone the pin is hollow with a grub screw to "BF" it but the mini's are solid copper. That said I have BF modded Origens & nectars without much trouble by simply slotting the screw and insulator.

No modding here ..I got the Tobeco clone of the Velocity mini and it came with a BF 510 pin. Just ordered the original b/f pin for my Origen V.2 clone..should have it in a couple of days

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No modding here ..I got the Tobeco clone of the Velocity mini and it came with a BF 510 pin. Just ordered the original b/f pin for my Origen V.2 clone..should have it in a couple of days

I love modding Origen clones. By choosing where to slot the negative terminal piece I could choose how much liquid gets left behind upon suck back. Here I have it right at the bottom for use with cotton
f67f08e8f5eb4753a74a2c043f0424b1.jpg

I've done another slotted up much higher along with new air holes to accommodate dual coils with a U mesh wick (both coils sit on one side like.

F

fckaugust8th

@Hank F. Spankman , those are gorgeous! I did notice there was no price mentioned and in my mind, if I have to ask the price, I can not afford it! I'm too new to the squonk vaping game to dream of such toys. I will probably pick up the ol' 160w from Kanger just to see how I like it. I've ordered the Narda and I have a LowPro, now hunting for the Velocity mini.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Hank F. Spankman , those are gorgeous! I did notice there was no price mentioned and in my mind, if I have to ask the price, I can not afford it! I'm too new to the squonk vaping game to dream of such toys. I will probably pick up the ol' 160w from Kanger just to see how I like it. I've ordered the Narda and I have a LowPro, now hunting for the Velocity mini.
Price- ÂŁ180 without Mod Meter ÂŁ190 with Mod Meter Display (price includes free UK delivery via royal mail 1st class signed for)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Price- ÂŁ180 without Mod Meter ÂŁ190 with Mod Meter Display (price includes free UK delivery via royal mail 1st class signed for)
Kinda reminds me of the reo woodies....nothing special, and too much money for what it is.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still waiting for your experiment, the DNA 200 squonker!
I have one Bear...received a couple weeks ago...I love it...the next one should be in the mail next week if Catfish finishes them up.

F

fckaugust8th

I have one Bear...received a couple weeks ago...I love it...the next one should be in the mail next week if Catfish finishes them up.
Is that the one from Shapeways? Links?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fckaugust8th

Ok, googled, didn't get much unless I go to the other site other flike or what not. Bottom line, how much and how do I get one.?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm lucky - I actually like my husband (yep, love him too, but a lot of people don't have both ;))

Me and wife are funny. She can come in and start a conversation with me, or so it seems. She fills in what I would say and then retorts with an explanation as to why I'm wrong about whatever it is we happen to be discussing and her course of action. I just get to finally reply, "yeah, good talk," if I'm lucky. :) I do not ever dare try filling her responses though. I would make her say the wrong things for sure and I know it. So, I just get in "yeah, good talk," again if I'm lucky. :) ;) If it sounds like we're fighting like cats and dogs, everything is fine. When we go quiet, everyone needs to walk on eggshells. Yes, I both like & love her. She is still lets me hang around, guess she feels similar toward me. :)

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone have both the Movkin disguiser BF and the Dripbox 160? Was curious at which one will be the king of cheap regulated mods.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Anyone have both the Movkin disguiser BF and the Dripbox 160? Was curious at which one will be the king of cheap regulated mods.

I'm wondering this myself.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will have both later this week. Actually, already have the squonk kit for the disguiser, but waiting on the Disguiser itself, as well as the Dripbox 160. I'll try to remember to come back and give some feedback after I test them out.

VU Sponsors