Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hawkie

I told my sister your line about blood glucose and low is your bad day, high is my bad day

She laughed. She will forget since her brain is not the best

But her daughter will remember and I can probably make my sister laugh again like it's a new joke next time too

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hawkie

I told my sister your line about blood glucose and low is your bad day, high is my bad day

She laughed. She will forget since her brain is not the best

But her daughter will remember and I can probably make my sister laugh again like it's a new joke next time too
Lol…I got to use that line today with a contractor who I see nearly daily. He and I were talking and my pump alarmed. He had already been told that he should always have a donut in his pocket when he comes in just in case I’m low he can hook me up. My pump alarmed that my blood sugar was rising and he asked if I needed a donut and I told him no I was going up not down then I got to tell him the low/high blood sugar rule.

Speaking of high blood sugar….
That Damn Easter rabbit better have some good crap for me this weekend.
The sugar bump compartment in my man bag is nearly empty. I’m down to 1 emergency pop tart and I don’t like to travel that light.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol…I got to use that line today with a contractor who I see nearly daily. He and I were talking and my pump alarmed. He had already been told that he should always have a donut in his pocket when he comes in just in case I’m low he can hook me up. My pump alarmed that my blood sugar was rising and he asked if I needed a donut and I told him no I was going up not down then I got to tell him the low/high blood sugar rule.

Speaking of high blood sugar….
That Damn Easter rabbit better have some good crap for me this weekend.
The sugar bump compartment in my man bag is nearly empty. I’m down to 1 emergency pop tart and I don’t like to travel that light.

Wallyworld has the best deals on pop tarts, but they only have strawberry in the unfrosted ones. Or, I may have some Cadbury eggs after Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wallyworld has the best deals on pop tarts, but they only have strawberry in the unfrosted ones. Or, I may have some Cadbury eggs after Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sams has a huge box of strawberry and blueberry.
Blueberry is the correct answer. And they’re frosted.

Strawberry when the blueberry is gone but it makes me feel dirty

in a good way…

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got this ad. Is Dirty Betty doing burgers?

74645be1b7832c0907c7554f076b491e.jpg

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Getting ready to fall down the music hole and was thinking music stuff….
and memories and this and that and got me thinking about all the concerts I’ve seen….
let’s play a game…

1: First concert you went to
2: Best concert you went to
3: worst one
4: Concert you went to, not so much for you but at a friends request, that blew you away.
5: concert where opening act blew the headliner away.

Anybody want to play?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Getting ready to fall down the music hole and was thinking music stuff….
and memories and this and that and got me thinking about all the concerts I’ve seen….
let’s play a game…

1: First concert you went to
2: Best concert you went to
3: worst one
4: Concert you went to, not so much for you but at a friends request, that blew you away.
5: concert where opening act blew the headliner away.

Anybody want to play?
I think that Carcass in Sydney was my only concert

I lived in Canberra. Mate booked the hotel on some floor north of 100 when I was still smoking heavily

So it was lots of time in the elevator

Concert was good

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1 Rare Earth 1974 Reno
2 Deep Purple 1976 Denver I couldn't hear for days
3 Grateful Dead 1975 Reno while home on leave after basic training. I had a shaved head, hey man are you a narc?
4 Frank Zappa 1978 Montreal
5 Don't remember any, but there could be reasons why...

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My first was Alice cooper circa 1975

best is impossible to determine but Colorado jam, 1979…
cheap trick, Sammy Hagar, Blackfoot and a couple more is up there but still to hard to pick one as best.

Worst was arrowsmith….they were so trashed they could barely play and you couldn’t understand a word they sang.

same friend begged me to go to 2 concerts I didn’t have any desire to go to.
turned out to be 2 of the best….
Harry Chapin and Heart.

went to the Outlaws and their opener was a band we had never heard of before.
Opening band said they were in Chicago the night before and recorded this concert. The band was UFO and that album has always been one of my favorites. Halfway through the Outlaws the arena was half empty.

would have loved to see deep purple…machine head was a staple.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Booked GP

Requesting bloods. Following weirdness with carbs. And a referral to a dietician, to get pointers on Mediterranean style diets

My nurse/diabetic sister suggested a Glucose Tolerance Test. Which at 2 hours is about 1 hour and 58 minutes longer than a blood test should take. And just 1 often takes 5 pokes to find a vein

Then I bruise like buggery and look really stylish for days

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Booked GP

Requesting bloods. Following weirdness with carbs. And a referral to a dietician, to get pointers on Mediterranean style diets

My nurse/diabetic sister suggested a Glucose Tolerance Test. Which at 2 hours is about 1 hour and 58 minutes longer than a blood test should take. And just 1 often takes 5 pokes to find a vein

I don’t “like” this. Take care of you

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Booked GP

Buggery bruised sounds bad.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1st concert I can’t remember, but it was a couple hit wonder doing smaller concerts mid 70s.
Best was Elton John probably 15 years ago
worst was that band that sang Horse with No Name. America maybe?
surprising was a Day On the Green at Oakland Colleseum (sp) with Chicago and Beach Boys 76ish

VU Sponsors