Become a Patron!

Recycling sub ohm coils

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it be replacement coil heads for my TFV4, my Crown tank, my Triton tank or my
Starre tanks, I'll typically get great flavor for about three weeks before they need to be changed.
After removing the used coils, I'll put them in a container of hot water containing dish
washing liquid and let them soak for a couple of hours. Then after rinsing well with cold
water, I'll blow dry the coils until dry.
They will come out, cotton bright white again and ready for another three weeks of use.

Try it some time. Works like a charm.

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Greatest food, music, and culture in the world!

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know all that used to go there when i lived in pensacola, fl. just been gone to long.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If it be replacement coil heads for my TFV4, my Crown tank, my Triton tank or my
Starre tanks, I'll typically get great flavor for about three weeks before they need to be changed.
After removing the used coils, I'll put them in a container of hot water containing dish
washing liquid and let them soak for a couple of hours. Then after rinsing well with cold
They will come out, cotton bright white again and ready for another three weeks of use.

Never tried using dish washing detergent, but I do recycle mine by soaking in PGA then rinse in water, then let them sit for a day to dry. Aside from the first few draws tasting kinda funky, they clear up and perform good as new. I might give the dish washing liquid a try next time.

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, no aftertaste at all using dish liquid.
Not the scented kind. Just plain kind in hot water.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I heard of people soaking their used replacement coils in vodka, then rinsing them out, and letting them dry.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Just my opinion... but, I would not recommend using dish soap... even though you may be rinsing them well.. you don't know how much of the soap residue/chemicals will remain in the coil. I do recycle mine... cup of hot water.. let em sit a day or two... then rinse and dry.

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate your concern, but before I use any
type of dish liquid I always make sure it only contains biodegradable surfactants.
After rinsing well, I throw them in my digital ultrasonic cleaner and run them thru a couple of cycles.
btw, I use Walmart's Great Value Ultra.
CHEAP stuff.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was another thread on cleaning Crown coils, but I can't find it!

I just cleaned 5 absolutely disgustingly gunked up Crown coils, and so far the one I've tried has worked well. First I ran a q-tip through them to get some of the crusted up gunk out, then ran them under very hot tap water. Next, as suggested (elsewhere) I boiled them in the stovetop for 5 minutes, and finally ran them through the UC for about 8 minutes (heated cycle). Rinsed again and left a couple of days to dry.

These coils really looked as if they were beyond repair, but I'm vaping one of the 0.25 coils now, and it's fine. And I only used regular tap water for all these steps.

VU Sponsors